Hey all! Took notes during the Dev Q&A. Hope this helps anyone who wasn’t able to make it. If I missed something or misunderstood, let me know and I’ll edit this.
Also linking to @Lyrian’s notes: Dev Q & A (28th of April) 7 PM PDT - #43 by Lyrian
- Campaigns can have a heroic gem that last for that campaign only.
- Lcyanthropy gem: campaign will have about 1/20 (rate not set in stone) purple gems be lcyanthropy gems. It’ll still give mana but also trigger Lycanthropy. This heroic gem will last for the campaign only.
- Mana potion gem: Triggers more mana. Coming Campaign 6.
- PQ1-style Wildcard gems coming in some future campaign after that.
- No plan on changing the effected troop’s health like with transform.
- Looking into ravens not giving sigils if affected by Lycanthropy but not resolvable currently. This is a quality of life enhancement and not a bug.
- Scoring issue caused by Mongo DB.
- No compensation for those affected by GW scoring bug.
- Plan on tackling the GW bracket issue (slow climb, dead guilds).
- More gnomes coming.
- New gnome music.
- Gnome pet coming.
- Originally the Vault was supposed to be a kingdom. The game data even includes a banner.
- Working towards improving the pet gnome situation. For example, maybe a pet gnome will let you pick one of three pets (THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED, STILL DESIGNING).
- There is a tech limitation preventing one hour pet rescues running alongside 24 hour pet rescue.
- No plan on changing epic vault key drop rate.
- Apex on doom weapons already removed. Estimated release during next Tower of Doom week. Weapons will get a status effect or something else instead.
- Open to changing other weapons. Put suggestions on the forums.
- More kingdoms coming.
- Want to revisit some early kingdoms like Sword’s Edge. Over time due to power creep, these kingdoms need a boost.
- New classes will be coming with the kingdoms.
- Nim strongly alluded to the plan going forward being adding new kingdoms and factions and extending the existing maps in-game.
- Still brainstorming ideas for what to do when the Underworld is full. New board for factions? Empowered faction mode to get more rewards? (THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED, STILL DESIGNING)
Tower of Doom
- Introducing weekend Tower of Doom.
- Week long Tower of Doom will remain between campaigns.
- Talks of collaborative guild world events maybe.
- It’s an issue having world event scoring in game. It’s too much text. Translating to other languages is an issue.
- Devs expected warcoins to be available in an adventure board by now, but RNG going to RNG. Thinking of a special adventure board.
- No plan for veteran players to get additional war coins.
- Consolidating text differences such as in traits.
- Treasure Hunt is the most hacked game mode.
- Admit arena rewards are low.
- No plan on reducing epic task cost.
- If a refund is ever needed, you need to go to google or apple for example. They can’t refund, but they can compensate with gems for example.
- 5.4 update was small to handle tech debt.
- Talk about reworking PvP.
- More warbands coming.