[Not a bug] Wandering Merchants not appearing in Faction Assaults?

According to the official post, Wandering Merchants are supposed to appear in Explore runs and Delves…

Quoted for reference

Switch is having a weekend-long Faction Assault event this weekend, but I haven’t encountered a single Wandering Merchant in any Delve runs for this event:

My runs

Friday:

• Lv.20: 8 rooms, zero Wandering Merchants, 1 Valraven
  • Lv.30: 8 rooms, zero Wandering Merchants
  • Lv.40: 8 rooms, zero Wandering Merchants
  • Lv.50: 8 rooms, zero Wandering Merchants
  • Lv.60: 8 rooms, zero Wandering Merchants

Saturday:

• Lv.70: 8 rooms, zero Wandering Merchants, 1 Valraven
  • Lv.80: 8 rooms, zero Wandering Merchants
  • Lv.90: 8 rooms, zero Wandering Merchants
  • Lv.100: 8 rooms, zero Wandering Merchants
  • Lv.110: 8 rooms, zero Wandering Merchants, 1 Valraven
  • Lv.120: 8 rooms, zero Wandering Merchants
  • Lv.130: 8 rooms, zero Wandering Merchants

Sunday:

• next run: (will continue testing tomorrow)

After all, basic probability predicts that if the encounter rate is 15% per battle, that’s cumulatively 68% after 7 eligible battles (or 99.9% after 42+). So I really, really should have found one by now, right?

Or, unless this is by design?

Are Wandering Merchants disabled when doing Faction Assaults? Not complaining (nobody’ll run Faction Assaults for the new Wandering Merchant encounters, not with the event reward ladder), but this wasn’t my default assumption from reading the official announcement since Faction Assaults ARE Delves too.

I’ve definitely had merchant encounters in my daily delves.

Can’t remember if I got any in the Tuesday faction assault.

(Steam/mobile FWIW)

1 Like

I did 8 or 9 floors on the Tuesday faction assault and didn’t encounter any.

I’ve seen a number going through daily delves

Iv had the daemon in a delve

Sure, but was that in or outside of a Faction Assault event?

I’ve got a hypothesis that they are disabled in Faction Assaults, but this is not a default assumption based on the official announcement (Faction Assaults are a subtype of Delve) which makes it conspicuous.

1 Like

Yea just normal sigil delve yesterday.

The update came out on wednesday, so other than the weekend delve on Nintendo, there is currently no possible referrence.
Might be interesting to keep an eye on that next week on the other platforms though.

1 Like

I thought that was the case too (I didn’t expect Switch to get the update same day), but thanks for confirming.

It came out on Tuesday around 6-7 hrs before reset, which is enough time to do the Tuesday Faction Assault with the new features

I ran the entire faction assault with the update in place, starting late and barely getting the faction to level 500 before the reset. I never saw a single wandering merchant, and I assume they are deliberately disabled during faction assault.

2 Likes

I did the tuesday faction event after the update and got 0 wandering merchants

Hello :slight_smile:

You will only encounter Merchants in Explore/Delve battles, and not during the Faction Assault Events.

(They won’t appear in events)

2 Likes