[Not a Bug] "This Fox Rocks" event not working as announced

Hey everyone,

I received some further information from the dev team about how the changes for the appearance for the rare Inari battle are designed to work.

The Inari battle is designed to only appear in one place on the battle map, this is located in the center of the map around the base of the mountains. Let’s refer to that spot as the INARI LOCATION, and the desired battle as the INARI BATTLE… you’ll see why we’ve split that into two in a moment.

In order to proc the battle there some things need to happen:

STEP 1: You fight that battle at the INARI LOCATION (whether it’s the INARI BATTLE or not) OR fight any other battle if the battle at the INARI LOCATION has not spawned. This gives the INARI LOCATION a chance to spawn. Spawn chance in both of these cases is 50% (this is consistent with other rare battle events we’re run)

STEP 2: When the INARI LOCATION spawns a battle it will pick from all 6 available battles, giving the INARI BATTLE a 16.7% chance of spawning. (this is different to how we’ve done rare battles in the past, where this step was 100%)

So the chance of spawning both the INARI LOCATION & INARI BATTLE are 8.3%

This change was made as an experiment to try something different with how this event plays out - we wanted the Inari to feel really rare. This is in no way a permanent change as the devs have told me they are planning to experiment with other gameplay ideas for world events to test ideas.

Please note: the week’s scoring has taken into account that Inari is a much rarer battle… the event should (on average) require the same number of battles to be played as any other weekly event to reach the goals (not saying it will be the same for everybody, obviously, as there is some RNG involved).

In future, we’ll make sure to clearly outline if any experimental changes have been made to world events and how these changes affect it. If any permanent change is implemented we’ll make sure to communicate it through an official thread post or on patch notes if the changes come through on an update.

I want to thank you all for your patience while I was trying to get what information I could from the development team to share with you all.

I have collected all the feedback you’ve provided about this experimental change and passed it on to the devs.

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

13 Likes