[Not a bug] Luther tricked me again! Cannot uneqip my current badge on the screen

There was another forced Luther’s (training) tutorial, forcing me to equip a medal or badge of Cedric.

However, I want the currently equipped badge unequipped, but there’s no option to do so.

I don’t think there is a way to unequip a badge, but I can’t think of any reason why you’d ever choose to do so.

You can’t unequip them. They never explained why they made that design choice.

Unbelievable! What if I want to test something when I am writting a bug report?
This will complicate things. The update 4.7 should have the option None available!

@Kafka
@Cyrup

I hope that you will either add the option to reset all of your equipped badges or just the None option.

2 Likes

Who would ever unequip a medal anyway? Even if it’s just a basic +2 armour it’s still better than not having it.

2 Likes

I noticed this as well, I want to unequip mine as well.

Why did you want to unequip a medal?

This is working as intended, there’s no reason to unequip a badge/medal.
If you suspect a bug we can test it in house.

I don’t want to play with Badges or Medals.
I want the Challenge I will be able to design or go against on my own choosing.

What if you only drink coffee without milk, but from now on you’re forced to have it with milk?
This is the same issue but from the gameplay perspective.

2 Likes

There are more badges then slots though and I would like to try different combinations.

There’s no reason for devs to care about this.

If you want to use badges on troops, you can, and they’re removed from your active badges. It works perfectly.

1 Like

I haven’t equipped any medal or badges yet, and now I am happy I haven’t. I’ll def think hard about the combos I want…not to mention if you beat a team that has badges without using any yourself you get a ton of gold. I think I’ll stay badgeless for awhile and see if anything changes.

Moved thread to feedback section.

@Bunnyg8tr you have 3 Medal loadouts you can play with and you can of course change which medals are equipped at any time, you just can’t remove the medal from your loadout without replacing it with something else.

I’ve deleted the posts that were just inflammatory and contained absolutely no feedback or anything about the topic.

This is not strictly true. If you use up an equipped medal to upgrade a troop, it also disappears from the loadout. I did this accidentally while upgrading a bunch of common troops. Had to run my poor Rowanne with only two medals of Gaard until it could be replaced.

1 Like

Also true, and I did think of that while typing my reply but also it’s not really a viable workaround so I left it out ^_^;

2 Likes

Aside from keeping 1 loadout blank there’s no way to remove them.
As for people saying there’s no reason to have no medal: several troops benefit from having lower stats or keeping a status effect longer.
If you have sufficient medals you can probably work around it by replacing them with other medals (and then hopefully not having this compensated by facing enemies which benefit from your higher stats).
If you don’t have enough medals though, you’re stuck with them and that feels pretty bad.
And then there are some people who want to challenge themselves.

Is all of this a frequent or huge issue? No.
Should it be changed? I would say it would be pretty nice if you have the option.

2 Likes