[Not a Bug] Indrajit's 'Flurry of Claws' not dealing correct damage

**Platform, device version and operating system: PC, Steam, Windows 10

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened: I expected the damage of each strike to be 15-30 damage + the stated 1:1 boost for red & purple gems (in this example +17). However, I often see the strikes dealing significantly less damage than expected. In the instance shown in the screenshots, the damage dealt by each strike should be [15-30]+17, or 32-47, but the strike on Chief Stronghorn only dealt 28 damage. This is not the most egregious example, just the one I got screenshots for; I’ve seen much bigger drops in damage. Stronghorn has no spell resistance, so full damage should be dealt, but isn’t. If it is dropping one of the gem colors from the boost, it would have to be the purple in this instance (+6).

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening? I first noticed it for sure in the Class Trials for Sunspear, but believe I’ve seen it in the Guild event and explore as well. The random nature of the damage makes it hard to tell if it always happens, but I don’t think so, and I can’t tell when it will spring up. However, while not consistent, it is frequent enough to make Indrajit unreliable. I haven’t used Indrajit much before this week, but I’ve noticed it since the beginning of the current campaign week.

Steps to make it happen again As I said above I am not sure of the specific trigger for the bug; the best bet would be to play with Indrajit on the team and keep track of his spell damage whenever you use him. Sorry, I know that’s vague :frowning:

Probably related to:

As spotted by @Snooj :

:blush: :vulcan_salute:

Yeah, found that in my search, why I figured purple gems might be getting dropped :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is actually “working as intended”. Handling of these “half” spells is a bit awkward, what really happens is that it looks at the max damage (let’s call it X), then deals between [ X/2 ] and [ X ] damage. The boost gets integrated into this, meaning it deals between [ (X + Boost)/2 ] and [ X + Boost ] damage. In your example this would be 23.5 to 47.

That other bug report is unrelated, it’s about Indrajit’s Claw, a weapon that isn’t working correctly.

6 Likes

This is not a bug. This has been brought up with similar troops in the past. The expected damage is not [15-30]+17, it is [0.5-1.0]*(30+17), which is [23.5-47]

2 Likes

Then the problem would be to write the ability in a way that make people understand that I suppose.

1 Like

It’s just been two years, I’m sure they’ll eventually start working on usability once they run out of monetization ideas.

3 Likes