Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

[NOT A BUG] "Critical hit"?

Platform, device version and operating system:
Windows 10 x64

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I am playing with Sentinel that has Razor Armor trait. So for my skull damage I expected at least 47 for attack+17 for razor armor+skull bonus+something for “Critical Attack”. I expected the double damage - maybe double skull value? - similar to “Mana Surge” in the same situation with mana gem. What I get in reality? 66 damage. I.e. Hit+Razor+2.

Ok, in the previous thread I was explained that maximum skull bonus is +2 in any circumstance (And I disagree with such decision, so filed “Suggestion” thread). So that’s what I got for 8 skulls. But what this “Critical Hit” means then? Totally nothing? Isn’t it utterly wrong?

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always, it seems. But I noticed it at the last week.

Steps to make it happen again

• Make any group with 5+ gems.
  • Get nothing extra for “critical hit”.

Had to dig this from way into the past. Critical Hit is just a name to bonus skulls matched. It is not 2x or 3x the usual skull damage.

1 Like

Note that that post is slightly out-of-date or incomplete, as it states, “+1 per extra Skull”. People have been confused by that in the past when trying to calculate Skull damage – just important to remember that it caps at +2. Not sure where that was stated.

2 Likes

Strange that 4x match referred as simple “Extra turn” then. shrug

Hey all,

The ‘Critical Hit’ graphic is flavour text for when you make a 5 Gem match. There isn’t a ‘critical’ bonus for making this match though.

But I have passed this feedback on!

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

4 Likes

Thank you for your answer, Jeto.

Wouldn’t it be better to make 4x skull match “Critical hit” too then? For sake of consistency?