No heroism scroll in tower of doom

We got 2 heroism scroll in the 11th floor that was crazy

3 Likes

Expecting a response from the devs on this matter… SoonTM.

“Will be fixed in 4.3.5”? :laughing:

1 Like

Guess can say we got aswell a nice improvement from past 3 tods:

On top a decent amount of other special scrolls we also got an above average amount of luck ones (may be wrong but i smell there will be 1 on that floor seen the trend so far).

Update.
7 heroism & 8 fireball from floor 26 to 64.
So it seems numbers should even out in the long run; the catch, however, is that nobody is safe from poor streak in under 25 (that should give more later on) or good streak under 25 (that should give less later on).

As planned lol, first room of F61.

That make 15 lucks in like 60 floors.

But well, as earnham said even that osom rain of scrolls wont really help much for LB.

Whilst I agree that the drop rates should be consistent with equal distribution to all guilds, I really don’t think it matters any more. With the exception of LUCK scrolls, the rest are now largely redundant except perhaps for new players who may find the occasional fireball or heroism useful. Potions have finished all that in a heartbeat. Spirit Fox used to be an issue but not with barrier potions. Skill zero, pay to win essential. Crap rewards. Cap buy ins and give us an element of competition. Oh and scrap potions.

Yeah, defo the good old times before pots when ToD was 500% skill based and totally not pay to get more sigils and win was LOT better.

Sarcasm off

Funny how ppls blame pots for anything now like they are the of “scapegoat of the year”, wanna make for real ToD and event challenging? remove every weapon that work with scaling enemy’s but then 99% of EF owners are gonna quit the game lol.

What actually ToD need is have ravens reduced by a LOT is almost ridiculous, even scouting and all am still going (and am on floor 69 now) and stil lgot some sigils, basically the ratio is almost 1 sigil x 3 battles.

Prolonging ToD so much got 0 sense other than have you waste LOT more time without really changing anything eithe rby LB or prize or anything.

Gonna post full stats once finished but already for now am at 289 wins 1 loss out of 106 sigils total.

1 Like

I am pretty sure the Devs are going to be happy with player gem expenditure since the advent of potions.

I think the rewards in all events now need revisiting. If we are spending more gems because of potions, then the rewards should be greater. That should be simple logic.

As for Tower just started using heroism and fireballs.

Floor 75, 307 wins, 0 losses, 2 Valravens escaped, about 7 troops lost entire TOD, 3 of which was to looping Goblins.

My reasoning is that maybe rewards could use a revisit due to the additional gem expenditure the game is seeing. Otherwise it could be at it’s Zenith right now.

The orb RNG feels a little out of place now with potions, still getting greens in abundance etc…

1 Like

You’re making the assumption potions were created to be win-win. It’s just as likely the devs felt players had too many gems and wanted to find a way to entice all players to spend more.

It worked. And yeah, it’s win-win. I like the feeling that I get more for my gems, and the bonuses let me more efficiently convert sigils to points/Dooms/Towers/etc.

well, potions or not i am happy am done spending more gems than the one needed for the weapon in tod, all i wanted was doom+10, like i would care about a LB where even first prize is garbage, but ended that insane marathon like:

Add to this 1 loss and 1 raven escaped, that make the ratio actually higher than 3 battles for each sigil.

Yes of course, It is clear and obvious what they wish, but doesn’t harm to point out it would be a good time to look at rewards. I mean if the rewards are still as poor…

The simple mathematical truth is that a decent guild of 30 players who scout in turn and follow the floor plan can amass around 1300 dooms minimum with weapon tier buy in. That’s all rewards and top 10 LB. There are people in here on floor 75 for goodness sake. Can someone please explain the economic value and reasoning behind spending that many gems. You guys are the devs wet dream lol.

Competitive gamers are fueled by ego. Keep in mind claiming an LB position takes it away from someone else. GoW makes the “worthwhile” prizes only available to a tiny % of total players. In this event, the difference between #1 and #2 is 200 gems by 30 players, or 6,000 gems. Being at #4 means you get 5x fewer gems: that guild loses 12,000 gems By the time you get to Rank 20, your guild members can’t even buy a tier in an event with the reward you get. All of the events tilt like this. There are dramatic differences in the reward payouts for the top 5. If a guild isn’t placing there, they are falling behind the ones that do.

Here’s where I think the secret lies: you don’t need every member of a guild to buy multiple Tier VIIs. You just need “more than your competition”. Lots of endgamers, in threads about how much LBs cost, brag about how many tens of thousands of gems they have hoarded. (We’ll get back to that.) . They always point out it’s “cheap” because they just hoard their gems for a month or so then make a big spend when it’s time to LB.

Now here’s what I’m thinking. I don’t know anyone in those guilds, but this makes sense to me. Let’s say only 4-5 players need to cash in a few thousand gems for a Tier VII, and everyone else can kick back with IV-V, whatever they feel they can make back. That gets their guild a spot on the LB, and the “high performers” have a shot at the individual LB if one exists. In so doing, they’ve knocked some other, similar guilds out of the running for higher-end prizes. At the same time, 25 or so players are hoarding gems because they weren’t making the LB run this week. This suggests a pretty good loop where you rotate “groups” of 4-6 players who “overperform” for your guild each time something with an LB comes around. Keep in mind not every LB is guild-based, so on those weeks anyone who doesn’t want to LB can just kick back and coast. There’s not a strong reason for the guild to participate!

That’s a lot of words to say something I think can’t be understood or appreciated unless you’re in those upper echelons:

1. The top few % make an astounding number of gems/week.
  2. There is a ridiculous number of gems hoarded at any given time.
  3. The players in question can survive many more gem sinks than already exist.
  4. The devs likely feel pressure to drain those pools.

The problem is if you’re not gem-rich like them, you can’t survive sinks the same way. So you slip further and further behind while they barely break a sweat. But if someone makes a thread about too many gem sinks, there’s always a handful of people who can talk about how “easy” it is to maintain a balance of 10k+ gems if you’d just work a little harder.

All your talking about LB imo make YOU (and whoever keep talking about LB crap, like you can get anything decent out of any LB in this game) devs wet dream.

As for high floors that’s just a collateral damage of wanting a +10 doom AND “being in a guild”, if was for me only would have done only up to floor 25 to get the scrolls to make weapon +10 then screw any remaining sigil lol.

And the “wet dream” you’re babbling about is gonna get dry really soon on my side seen i just need get the missing weapons when they come (and just to not miss them in case in a far far away scifi future those garbage healing weapons will become useful) then for ToD i can spend a whopping ZERO gems for the rest of my life.

They’ll put out new weapons using scrolls long before you can retire and spend 0 gems for ToD.

Well, if they put something better than Skullspawning dooms, but i doubt, and then, ToD is once a month, there’s 12 weapons already, gonna be hard then cycle them, just the weapon anyway is cheap and is covered by guild task/tod prizes.

Beside, GW days are 6, once i got 6 dooms dont really need more weapons (using dooms only for explo and GW defs here, sometimes arena when it give me the right gem spawners).

Oh, and dont need “new weapon that need scrolls”, got them already but if are garbage like the healing ones they are perfectly fine at +0 (or w/e lvl they reach with extra scrolls after i did doomskull ones).

A competitive player just wants the doom weapon level 10 fir next GW. Then you have the sigils anyway so just you play them. At least that’s how it is in my guild.

@michio. Sounds like its been raining on your barbecue lol. I asked for economic reasoning regarding doom (@Slypenslyde: I get the rationale regarding other events, but this is a doom thread) and apart from levelling a pretty mediocre doom troop, it’s hard to justify buying beyond the weapon unless you are carrying a lot of inactives and are on the verge of a reward threshold, which offers some payback. The way I see it is that doom is the worst gem investment event in the game. Those players who go the extra mile for their guild and spend accordingly, have no individual targets to reward their endeavours, other than buying a few more doom troops than other players.

1 Like

Bored? gone on holiday? 8 days later reply and tbh i dont even get what you’re babbling about, doom troop? i didnt even bother ascend, lvl or trait those, reward? which reward?

On tod you pay 2850 gems to get right away a +10 doom WEAPON simple as that, if i could would prezzie to you my garbage doom troops except 1 seen that lame daily task win with 3 doom troops appear way too often.

Beside, i said already idgaff anymore about TOD, all my doom (weapons skull spawner just in case you think i am talking about the troops again) are/will be +10 without need to buy tiers in future so they can do w/e they want with it.