Nintendo Switch: Raid Boss and Invasion Event News

Hi adventurers,

With the release of game update 7.0 we have moved Raid Boss and Invasion Events from being weekend events to week long events for all platforms.

However, the Switch content schedule is roughly 9 months behind the other platforms, so additional support was needed to be included in the game in order to continue the Switch content schedule and weekend Raid Boss and Invasion events normally.

So what does this all mean?

This means that from the 7.0 update there will be no Raid Boss or Invasion events on Switch until game version 7.1 releases.

We made this decision so we could give you the 7.0 update at the same time as everyone else despite the content schedule differences.

There would have been a Raid Boss event this coming weekend:
Daily reset on Friday 28th - weekly reset Monday 31st (GMT),
Instead we’ll be having a Vault event on Switch this weekend.

Don’t give those Gnomes any quarter!

5 Likes

What will happen with the weapons that would have been released with these Raid Boss and Invasion events? Is there any way to obtain them (now or later) or will this block kingdom progression on Switch even more, on top of the still missing old paywalled event weapons?

5 Likes

@Fourdottwoone I would like to know this as well. Having another locked out weapon only adds to our frustration with kingdom progress.

There was also a journey event with chalcedony showing up on Taransworld, and the devs probably had to scrap that as well. We get ANOTHER vault weekend though, so that is a small victory for compensation.:+1:

However, maybe us switch users are just crippling other platforms? We’re like an old man crawling on the ground with everyone else miles ahead…

1 Like

I’ll take another vault weekend, thanks Kafka!

Hope the delay in accessing the weapons/troops isn’t too bad. It would be nice to be able to craft the weapons in the forge on the original event schedule (even though the actual event we’d use the weapon for is canceled).

So…when is 7.1 scheduled to be released? Can we get a hard date on that? Are we doing vault/bounty/arena rotations until then?

In fairness, that journey event on Tarans is sus. We already had a Chalcedony journey on Switch, why would we get a repeat of that for no reason?

1 Like

@Mana_Surgeon Yeah, the journey event seemed weird to be thrown in there and was probably a mistake. I just remember them mentioning that they would have more journey events from the 7.0 patch notes. (Once a month would be great):sunglasses:

Journey events were scheduled for only about twice a year, so any increased frequency of those precious deed book events would make us happy. (Although, with more events means more gems spent, and clicking our hourly tribute only goes so far)

If a dev could briefly stop by to clarify what they meant by “having more journey events,” it would be appreciated.

Just make the vault events a permanent thing at this point, if not across the board, at least for Switch. It’d placate the playerbase.

@Jeto @Kafka

I guess this is now been answered somewhat.

Apparently no weekend events for Switch until 7.1…

I ask again, when is 7.1 supposed to be released?

1 Like

There is also guild wars scheduled for next week, which would be right after the one we have going on right now.

Many players would agree with me that 1 guild war a month is more than enough.:dizzy_face:

Could we have someone let us know what is going on?

@Bramble or @OminousGMan maybe?