Next Big Step....REAL Online Pvs.P

LOL The folks that doesn’t want REAL Pvs.P are afraid of losing against real players, shame.

1 Like

People, let’s not feed the troll, OK?

Why don’t we just all decide not to restate all the posts and viewpoints in the topic that @Kharybdys linked to, and just not post here and let this topic fade nice and swift by lack of activity?

7 Likes

The AI already abuses the hell out of “UI lookahead simulation”, I don’t think you can make it stronger without straight up cheating the player with “catchup logic” ala Mario Kart.

Smarter spell use is the biggest thing IMO, followed by smarter Mana play (matching what it needs/denying the player)

1 Like

That may be the case on Console – since I play PC/Mobile exclusively, I’m in no place to comment – but on PC/Mobile, the AI never factors cascade-into-4-match or the like into its decision-making process. I have not seen the AI make a move that would seem superficially suboptimal (taking a 3-match for a color it doesn’t need, for instance) that translates into a cascade it could conceivably have foreseen.

2 Likes

I think you only need to look at the comment above to see what I was talking about. Smh

1 Like

I don’t have anything against a live PvP, but you know how it goes: at first you like it, then you’re not sure why you ever wanted it at all.

3 Likes

Okay… Loved the cat pic in another post, but this pic of the guy and gal… Major NO!!! Talk about disrespectful!!! The guy’s a total loser in my book!

1 Like

You mean losing without playing?

1 Like

Yeah, out of context, I guess it looks pretty bad. They pull increasingly worse pranks on each other, trying to top the last.

What can I say… I’m made of sugar, spice, and everything subhuman. Sirrian eradicated it, anyways.

Sirrian put the cat pic up? My dude!!

Afro cat looked into your soul, and didn’t like what he saw.

3 Likes

Real Time PvP

15 Likes

Or:

4 Likes

Aww, that is so cute.

1 Like

Real-time PVP would be great for this forum at least. We need a few hundred “why are my ping times so low” and “anybody know what closed NAT means” threads.

5 Likes

I put the cat pic up. Lel.

1 Like

Nice work. Lel? Is that a lighter much lower pronounced laugh? I’m not hip to these things honestly.

1 Like

It started with someone mistyping “lol” but has now come to serve as a more honest “lol” with a bit of sarcasm. Like when you type lol but you don’t actually laugh out loud, but are still amused. Other spelling variations: lil, lul, lal, kik, kek, topkek.

1 Like

“Kek” has roots in WoW, actually. The two factions (Horde and Alliance) can’t communicate directly in game, and words typed in /say come across garbled (letter count stays the same but the letters themselves are entirely replaced). When a Horde player types “lol,” an Alliance player sees “kek.”

3 Likes

“kek” is a bastardized Korean slangword that first appeared in WoW. It currently is popular in 4chan, literal cancer of the internet.

“topkek” is pure 4chan creation, therefore proving @Phaethon frequents that site, or socializes with those who do. :wink:

2 Likes

So hilariously true.

2 Likes