New tool analyzes your collection and tells you which kingdom power tasks you can do right now (based on gowdb)

Here’s my collection:
https://gowdb.com/nin/collection/d68dd6a9f9755fc18fb81566f631fed8

1 Like

I have tried everything (reinstalling, enabling in private windows) but there’s no button in my collection. (Xbox one User)

1 Like

https://gowdb.com/nin/collection/5cacddd2156ad2c915f7efe7a1117624
No Button on Android, too.

1 Like

Good news, I added support for console collections! The page URLs were different, so the tool didn’t get activated. Also added troop rarity display. Thanks for the help everyone! :heart:

5 Likes

Goob job on getting it to work but I’m still too stupid to find the button in my collection.

Can you post a screenshot where the button is supposed to be?

I had to uninstall and reinstall for it to appear in the top left. Hope that works for you!

This is really useful, thanks for making it!

Some suggestions:

• Can you move the button next to the Tools button? I couldn’t find it at first because it’s floating in the corner.
  • It’d be nice if the popup display could be sorted or filtered.
  • My display says Shentang’s hero class can be unlocked but it can’t (Monk isn’t out yet). Bug?
  • I started checking the results, and Broken Spire has “Level 22 troops to 20” in black but it’s not achievable yet. Maybe the display isn’t properly intuitive?

Reinstalled and restartet everything and it still doesn’t show up. Oh well, back to manually calculating everything.

Edit: Of course it works now, jesus

Nice tool! Love it

Works like charm now. Great Tool! Thanx!

Thanks for the feedback, @EliteMasterEric , I’ll reply to each point:

1. What’s the Tools button?
  2. The table can be sorted! Try clicking the headers.
    3+4. I found that the gowdb page actually includes info on what tasks are unachievable. So I added that to my table. It won’t work for the “next level preview” though, because those tasks are projected and not taken from the original page.
1 Like

This button near the top of the table has a dropdown to enable additional columns. I expected your new option to be placed next to it, and was confused until I found it floating in the far top left corner of my screen.

1 Like

Thanks, I understand what you mean and it does kind of make sense to integrate the add-on into the original page structure. So I tried this and I ultimately don’t think it’s better for the following reason:
The generated table is very wide and doesn’t fit into the original page. So it has to be separate and it makes sense to completely replace the page with it when it is shown. This means that at least the “Hide” button can’t be part of the original page. But I don’t want to have the “Hide” and “Show/Analyze” buttons in different places. So they are both independent of the original page.
Also, I wouldn’t want to change it at this point with a whopping 37 users being used to the current placement :slight_smile:
Thanks for the suggestion though!

Working as intended, very useful. Takes a bit of looking at to figure out what to do, but its now all in one place which is amazing.

The set of columns in blue on the far right, though, does not encompass the next requirement being anything besides troops: it doesn’t do pets or hero class milestones. For instance, I have to hit lvl60 on Knight to get Sword’s Edge to level up.

So I can get Sword’s Edge, Grosh-Nak, Mist of Scales and Khetar via champion levels, but I can’t sort it that way and it doesn’t indicate it on most of the cells that that is all I need to do. Doesn’t stop me making use of this, just slightly harder.

Or, actually, I’m wrong, I need to get a second Sword’s Edge pet maxed as well. Its just a lot of data, that’s the only downside.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the feedback, glad you like it! Yes, the preview is only supposed to show the next troop-related task since those are the ones where calculations help.
I agree the table is information-dense (which is its purpose, of course). Any suggestions on improving readability are very welcome!

2 Likes

Possibly make some very solid gaps between the task sections, maybe also between the kingdom and the tasks. Maybe like…

Kingdom ||| Task 1 ||| Task 2 ||| Task 3 ||| “Next Task”

Could also be worth nixing the resource columns for the kingdom, not sure how relevant those really are for folks at this stage - where we want to max every conceivable thing regardless of what they actually are.

Filtering out columns like we can with the troop table on GoWDB sounds good, but I don’t think it would make a huge difference here since we effectively need all of the info anyway. (Regardless of the prospective challenge of implementing that …)

I played around with it a bit and ended up adding some contrast between the kingdom stuff and the tasks, as well as the gaps you suggested. I think it looks much better now, thanks!
I pushed an update, it should be available already.

1 Like

Thanks for this plugin @ElDuderino. :smile_cat: It works great and is very useful.

1 Like

The updated version is much better :+1:

It’s simple now to mouse over any task and see if it’s a) achieveable or b) unavailable because you don’t have enough troops, a pet needs upgrading or it’s not unlocked yet.

3 Likes

Thanks @ElDuderino. As an added bonus, I downloaded Firefox, and can access the forums from my Laptop again. Haha, Safari browser, hasta la vista baby.

And your tool works great. “8 Kingdoms Blocked by no Mythic”. 32k more diamonds and I’m set. :grinning:

3 Likes