New Soulforge Weapon: The Ruby Macaque

Originally published at: New Soulforge Weapon: The Ruby Macaque – Gems of War

div class=”feature”> The lost Treasure of Dread Captain Grim has been found at last. The Ruby Macaque is now craftable from the Soulforge. It requires the Dread Arquebus, Dread Cutlass, and the Lodestar from the current Campaign rewards, as well as Celestial Traitstones, Gems and Souls to craft. Once the Campaign ends, Dread Arquebus, Dread…

6 Likes

yay paid weapon

1 Like

That is a great weapon that I wont get.

2 Likes

Well, if you are prepared to wait for the kingdoms there is no payment involved.

It is a great weapon and a bonus I guess for those of us who do contribute a small amount each month to help keep the game going.

I have been playing since 2014 incidentally.

16 Likes

Pay for campaign or wait for likely over a year since Blackhawk just happened like 2 weeks ago

1 Like

The Ruby Macaque will be around all year round. It’s the 3 weapons needed to make it that won’t be available.

and unfortunately, those weapons are from Dragon’s Claw, Blighted Lands, and Broken Spire.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of those 3 kingdoms don’t show up until 2025.

4 Likes

Thats what i meant, one of the materials is from Blackhawk which was…oh sorry, 8 weeks ago.

once you collect three, you can make weapon from blackhawk at any time of the year

Sorry Blighted Lands was a few weeks ago.

Forgot to pull up my in game references while typing to get it perfect.

I guess the point is lost

2 Likes

Ive done my fair bits in the past. My comment may look like I never ever thought to help the game, I am close to VIP 12, and there is where it stopped as I needed money for other stuff.

4 Likes

Definitely sucks for those who can’t or won’t buy the campaign pass. It’s a good weapon.

It’s also not necessarily ridiculously game breaking.

It’s basically Duskbringer all over again… Just with a better weapon.

1 Like

Funny how the kingdoms for 2/3 of the weapons needed to make this without paying just came by recently, which means they aren’t likely to be seen again for another year or more. Pretty shameless, as usual.

8 Likes

I’m personally fine with F2P players waiting for stuff; GoW’s monetization strategy of “Pay to Progress Quicker” rather than “Pay to Get Bonuses So Absurd That No F2P Player Can Touch You” is still, despite all the recent monetization increases, much preferred to most F2P games. However, F2P players being a year or more behind on a weapon like this seems like overkill. It’s an unfortunate side effect of the weekly kingdom rotation, just like trying to target specific Mythics takes absolute ages. This problem will worsen as more kingdoms join the cycle, and we know at least one is coming in the near future.

I think the only viable solution is to increase the Soulforge pool of troops and weapons per week, as has been suggested many times before. The weekly kingdom rotation is too core of a mechanic to change, being central to how events work.

9 Likes

Man, I like this weapon a lot and it pairs well with Venoxia. I have the Play Store credit to cover it, but I haven’t purchased a pass for years for various reasons.

I’m going to have to really think this over this weekend and decide if I want to just buy it. It think this would get me to the next VIP level.

2 Likes

New weapon launched all of sudden… hmmm…
finds the tin foil hat and puts it on
Did the last campaign pass sell less than the earlier ones? Seems just odd that a weapon is tied to only single campaign. No dragonite or any other rare material needed. No vault troops to be found.
Smells like a money grab for me.

2 Likes

We know about this weapon for like half a year, since the new Mythic weapon data become available. Beside new class, it’s always tied to special event or campaign.

And with Dustbringer work exactly the same way, we know that those 3 pirate-theme weapons will be the main ingredient, and this recipe will be available for sure a few days before the campaign ended, likely not after, because they can’t push sale that way.

So yeah, it’s a marketing tactic, but calling it all of the sudden or surprise money grab is just sound so uninformed.

9 Likes

How much are we talking, totally?

Total on Gems of War? A fair amount, but less than you’d expect from VIP 5. I bought some of the stuff they accidentally discounted a few years ago, because we still got full VIP points.

Part of me is considering it so I can finally get VIP 6 and access to the extra daily deals. Otherwise I wouldn’t really care about VIP level.

To me, it is not a matter of “value”, but of a simple question: Does the game deserve my money? If so, I’m fine with spending on a couple of things with little to no use as well (and even a bit more willing, as purchased ingame advantages always feel kind of filthy…)
To answer my question, I’m still VIP zero after eight years and a bit…

2 Likes

Nah, how much will it cost all in all to get this weapon and all its parts.