New Pet - Martlet

Originally published at: New Pet – Martlet – Gems of War

New Pet: Martlet

A new pet has been released, the Martlet. You can get your Martlet from the daily Pet Rescue for the next 24hrs.

The Martlet will also start appearing as a potential Pet Rescue from Pet Gnomes in 3-4 weeks’ time.

Join the Forum!

9 Likes

I thought it was supposed to be Catdragon coming out. Felyvern.!!

Awesome will try to get that pet

Martlet? I don’t get the joke.

The Cat Dragon won’t be out for a few weeks.

2 Likes

Yay a negligible stat boost to all my all-Monster teams… oh, wait…

Hmmmm that’s an ugly-looking pet…

1 Like

This one should’ve been called Cockatike.

4 Likes

They’re not finished making the Catderg. There are several phases and they’re only up to “concept art finished” so far.

I also don’t really get what the pun is here? All I’ve got is it is “a bird with no feet” used in heraldry to mean “a charge” or “a fourth son”.

So confused by the name…isn’t a Martlet a swallow-like bird without feet that was used in symbols and such? How does a creature that looks like Hei Hei and a zombie had a baby have anything to do with a Martlet??

Cockatike would have been a perfect name :joy:

1 Like

It would be cool if they change its name to Cockatike. :sunny:

1 Like

Right?! @Arcemius had a great idea with that one

2 Likes

So this pet is blind or what?

It looks like cockatrice, it feels like cockatrice, yet I’m not allowed to name it Peacock or any other variation that includes ‘cock’ part in it…that’s weak. And really disappointing.
(How come devs can use ‘cock’ while naming a card but I can not?)

(The same way I couldn’t call my goat pet Cabron Negro…simply Black Goat in Spanish.)

My suggested, non-censored name for this pet is Duckatrice. :smiley: And frankly I’m surprised that that wasn’t the name chosen!

That was the first thing my missus said when she saw it :joy:

1 Like

“Anu’s Bird” is my suggestion.

https://goo.gl/images/Tv8fQW