New Pet - Lil' Freedom

and this won’t be the only holiday pet either

(I guess I haven’t mentioned it anywhere, but I do like the pet. for what its worth.)

1 Like

I’m hoping it will give a PVP bonus vs former communist countries :thinking:

6 Likes

Actually the US track record vs. communist countries is pretty bad. Several “conflicts” with no decisive victory (we don’t call them wars so we feel better about sending thousands of people to die for no reason). Some might say one’s kicking our butts in non-standard warfare as we speak.

3 Likes

Question: Any chance we’ll get this event next year as well? :slight_smile:

I like him, he’s cute! :eagle: And since he’s limited edition, I’m glad he’s cosmetic only, so people who buy a bunch of him don’t get too great of an advantage.

I did buy a few, cause I like the pet mastery. And I might be in minority here, but I actually like spending gems/money on cosmetic in-game stuff. It’s buying things for enjoyment, instead of to get ahead or because you’re pressured into it to keep up.

I got dressed up for the 4th. This is the closest I could get to red, white and blue :us: :fireworks:

'MURICA! :smiley:
(I’m not from the US :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

QsSMkFplEMDziTrN-croppednRBO2-png

Suggestion: other countries have cute national animals too, more pets please! :smiley:

9 Likes

I’m assuming that because there are many more gamers from the US then there are from the Netherlands that there isn’t any remote chase of some kind of windmill and wooden shoes hybrid pet on the Dutch King’s next birthday?

Cause that would be a way cooler pet than some silly little bird, IMHO… :wink:

4 Likes

I’m looking at it as a good way to practice toning down my completionism a bit. The way I look at it, this pet has a hidden “gem shop resistance” buff. :wink:

I don’t mind the addition of a cosmetic pet at all - I think variety is cool! - but making it “now or never” with an enormous gem cost to get it to mythic seems like poor planning. If it doesn’t have an effect, just hand out a mythic copy…because it doesn’t have an effect, and therefore doesn’t affect the game mechanics at all.

I suspect the reason it was released the same as every other pet was a combination of using the existing pet framework (i.e. they all start at common) and the hope by 505 that people will blow thousands of gems if they want a mythic collection. I’m not sure how much buy-in the devs were given in that decision.

1 Like

Definitely a cosmetic pet.

9 Likes

need i say more lol

3 Likes

Maybe a little windmill construct with wooden shoes. And for some reason i imagine this little guy with a scruffy beard made of straws…

Giving some life to it, i’m no artist but you can surely get the idea. I’ll call him Scruffy Beard MacDutch, the Third.

I would add:
We are proud of it.
So proud we celebrate it each year.

5 Likes

The fact that we’re getting a pet for celebrating a day known around the world is cool.

The fact that to mythic it, we have to spend… just fuck it. I’m not a collector. I don’t care if I have everything/everything is Mythic. But please, can we just get something cool that doesn’t have a gem sink shop attached to it? Seriously.

Send me 1 gold in the mail, devs. Just one gold. It’ll make my day. I just want to see some soul in this game, not just cash shops. We deserve better, the developers deserve better. They do some legitimately cool stuff for us, but this “take one for free, pay for 1000 others for nothing” approach is really, really starting to get as tiresome as probably my posts about it.

4 Likes

I don’t really understand the uproar, cosmetic pets were announced right from the start. This one is cute enough.

What it do? It sits on your shoulder, that’s it, no need to mythic it. If you feel you still must mythic it, this is probably not just your comletionist mindset, this might be a mental condition.
I wash my hands 20+ times a day, and that is not because i am a hand wash enthusiast…

9 Likes

Spending valuable resources on a cosmetic pet for practically no rewards and benefits, no thanks :joy:

2 Likes

Cosmectic pet should at least be animated or do some noise maybe the US national Anthem … It need something special

2 Likes

Only? If you release a Guardian kingdom, we could be blocked to power level it…

@turintuor that is some conspiracy theory level thinking you have going on. It’s not going to feed into this fabled Guardian Kingdom, the background was chosen to complement the art of Lil’ Freedom.

There is no need to spend to level this pet to mythic if you don’t want too, it is completely at your discretion. :slight_smile: He is limited and cosmetic, so we chose not to assign a bonus to him in case players missed out and couldn’t rescue Lil’ Freedom in the future.

5 Likes

@Saltypatra but im affraid 1 year without feeding him he will die.

Poor Sam the Toucan :frowning:

IMG_9077

3 Likes

And I’m not the only one…

I don’t see why it should be impossible that you make a Guardian kingdom. But you say no, so it’s alright :slight_smile: .

Why didn’t we have John Bull, a British Bulldog on the Queen’s Official Birthday back in June?

Oh well, anyway, Happy Treason Day to the Rebellious Colonials…:rofl:

4 Likes

If I may quote that meme floating around Facebook,

“It’s only treason if you lose

4 Likes

I think Lil’ Freedom is more “Angry Bird themed”, but personally i prefer Chuck or Terence.