New Mythic Troop - Piscea

Spot on!

I really want to say Kudos to the devs with this one. He’s enjoyable to use, yes you don’t always get lucky, but when you do, it can be hilarious to watch.
I’ve had more laughs & giggles using him in the new delve than most other troops in a long long time.

He’s rng in use, but in a good satisfying way. You don’t always win (I could have some choice bad words to say when I fail his devour chances in 4 casts in row = 8x 30% fails) but honestly, those are rare. He might be a little bit situational in what team he can slot into, but… isn’t that better than having an OP troop that you’d just slot into any team and forget about almost everything else that exists?

5 Likes

Fun is they keyword - and I’ve found these fish to be fun to play with.
Plus, I feel like people are just too rash to slam down “weak and forgettable, not zuul or whatever absolute meta troop” without trying to give a chance and credit where credit’s due.
E12? - 40 seconds per fight quite consistently in a team than requires no other legends or mythics or fancy weapons. PvP is trickier because of all the grief teams, but it still works.

2 Likes

I’m interested in the Venoxia team. What’s the build if you don’t mind me asking?

I play on xbox so I can’t copy team but
Use a class with entangle and green storm, like archer…
From top to bottom
Piscia
VENOXIA
Gobsticker Weapon
Leprechaun

Cast Venoxia whenever she is ready, and piscia when she is not.

I have recorded my clears and posted in my guilds clubs…but over 150 fights on explore 12 now and I am averaging with load times 32 seconds a battle.

2 Likes

Just a follow up on this troop. This is not a knock on Tacet, because he is far beyond me when it comes to this game and I have learned more from him than anyone else, even the developers, on this game. That being said, if I had one complaint about him it is when a new troop comes out and he comes up with a team in his head, and tries it out. If it does not work well, even if it is his own fault, he instantly shouts out C tier and ignores the troop. He has done this in the past with many troops that ended up being amazing. He has so much influence on the game I think it just spreads from him and you get people in the in game chat saying it is bad without even trying it much.

I mean I know a ZUU team can still clear explore 12 faster, but the team I posted is REALLY close, and if you don’t have Zuu, or if you want something different this is a great troop. I also think there is more teams to come with this guy in the future.

Easily the best Mythic in a long time.

6 Likes

I was very ready to disagree with you there, but looking back on the last year of mythics, most of them are so uninspired that I’m forced to agree that its one of the better ones.

Piscea still isn’t that great of a Mythic though, being very unreliable on its devour rate and giving Blue Allies an Attack bonus, which isn’t the color I think of for needing Attack bonuses.

I mean, how do I overlook:

Kalika and Tihamata’s existances?
Ullor and Vernalis having very similar design philosophies?
The Archduke and Consort of Darkness having very similar design philosophies?
Hatir & Skrull, Archproxy Yvendra, and Fountain of Stars having very similar gem conversions?
Astral Mother being a terrible version of an Ultra Rare empowered troop?

I can’t even remember the last time I’ve been impressed by a Mythic design. That’s depressing. I guess Ironhawk? and that’s not even because they designed something unique and fun, but because they made a 3rd trait that could be used over efficiently for a very narrow but common place purpose.

4 Likes

The problem with this mythic is:

It does not do any damage when you cast. If the devour misses and it will often, it does nothing.

I see Piscea as a support troop, that’s why it’s paired with other troops like Venoxia or Beetrix. The devour is a nice bonus to have but it can’t be heavily relied upon.

1 Like

Its main function is as a mana generator that can take some hits in the front row. It destroys all green gems meaning you accumulate the mana from them and then creates that many blue gems which very often results in a 4+ match so you get to keep your turn and often refills itself while giving attack to blue troops with blue matches increasing its own damage. If it is tanking that helps it hit harder. Even if it doesn’t devour it still does all of that just fine. If it does devour it gets more health and armor stats so it can take more hits and hits even harder with the devoured attack stats. It frequently devours a troop and has the chance to devour 2 at the same time. It does plenty without the devour though especially if using a leafstorm to provide the green gems or a troop like Venoxia or better yet both.
A lot of the best troops in the game like Leprechaun or Thrall don’t do any damage unless the destroy skulls and Marilith barely does any damage either mana generationis strong itself because it helps you to rapidly cast the good troops.

9 Likes

I got 2 of them in like 10 seconds I spent 200 gem keys and 200 glory keys or something like that

6 Likes

@hansuswurstus wow, congrats and welcome to the forum! :blush:

1 Like

@Eika Thank you!

I love this mythic, it’s the best for ages.

I know this needs 2 x TPK but it’s fun. You can of course use Leprechaun instead of 2nd TPK which I did til I tried this…

I’ve been using Dervish, with Brown Storm and Hunt, for the reason to get some brown into Piscea, align Glaive and then cast Glaive on a 3 or 4/5 match on brown to explode, entangle, change the storm to green when Piscea is ready to go.

Lightning Strike is a must, so you could run Barbarian with a green storm, but the brown storm to green storm (when you cast Glaive) really does swap the board a lot with all the explosions. Once green storm is up, browns obviously fall less and you are aligning them anyway, so why no brown in banner.

When Piscea goes, with any explosions and skyfall, catching skulls on way down with chance to devour and on top of Hunt. Obviously if the E12 teams have Impervious, it slows you down, but you can still Glaive and skull hit to death. If facing too many with Fortitude, then drop 2nd TPK, put in Enraged Kurandara and restore Lep to line up (in front of EK).

Also, there is a use for Doomed Rod if you have green forge scrolls in abandon. Needs to be +9 at least, but at +10, 14 blue gems and a green storm is cool.

[7155,1248,6594,6594,3036,2,2,1,3,3,3,3,14023]

2 Likes

The rng in its entirety in this game is rigged. To start have you ever had a fight against the AI where they used infernal king? You mean to tell me routinely fighting him 7-9 times in pet battles because he resurrects @75% instead of the 25% as the tool tip states? What about spider and bandits summoning at the same rate when they are supposed to be 35%?

I’ve been around almost 4 years now, I have seen hundreds of bugs go unchecked and not fixed. I have seen vault keys never displayed with odds because they are so low that no one would accept the number. I’ve seen one person in a guild get a mythic LT, but no one else gets it. I’ve seen the devs repeatedly lie about the most trivial things, even when players posted facts. I have even seen the devs publicly state that they rig things to make it easier for new players, and you don’t think they do the same to make it harder for vets?

Please do not tell me to post evidence, the evidence is discounted offhand every single time, the devs are liars and con artists and it got old, way old, having players defend them for their incompetence.

One other thing, there are dozens of threads with stats from countless events and situations. The players have on more than one occasion proven the devs to be liars.

There are plenty of times I do the pet rescue and have him resurrect 0 times in total as well. I never said they are honest and I know they have made false claims before. I am saying the drop rates are something a lot of players collect the data for and it appears the rates are as they are posted when you take a large enough sample size. Any small sample size can be misleading. If I roll 6 dice and get five 3s and one 2 that doesn’t change the fact there is an equal chance of all 6 happening and the more I roll the dice the more the results will average towards the 1/6 chance the dice have. After 10,000 rolls you’ll see a lot more equal numbers than the first 30 rolls will indicate because that is how statistical probability sample sizes and standard deviation work. You end up with a lot skewed one way or the other and a lot of average results and in the end they all average out. With the keys drop rates you see this as well. You do not always see the 1/1000 chance reflected in 1000 keys but after 100,000 keys you do see more expected results. It isn’t that I am saying to blindly trust them I am saying data is being collected and looked at and seems to be fine and within expected results. If you have collected a bunch of data showing otherwise please share but from everything I have seen and heard there is no issue with the drop rates and they haven’t done anything to play with that particular code anytime recently.

2 Likes

When will Piscea be in the soulforge? 60k keys wasn’t enough for me after saving for months.

I think not until the next mythic cycle starts, which is a minimum of 13 weeks away. And then the cycle itself is 4-5 months long at this point, so… Piscea is expected in the soulforge for the first time between 4-9 months from now.

3 Likes

Why gem keys before glory?

I think I started doing it that way because after guild seals being the easiest to come by and then out of the rest, gem keys have the better chance (0.1%) compared to glory at 0.01%. I am a creature of habit and once I start doing something, I struggle to deviate from that order :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

is it theory or did you really try it?
since one week i thought about fully upgrading doomed rod, but really wanted other people to come up with it…i don’t want to waste 55 scrolls…opportunist i know.