New Mythic Troop - Piscea

If anyone wants to try a semi-loopy team:

Arboreal Crystal - Archer hero (Hunt, Root Trap, Nature’s Aura, Dodge)
Fundingus
Piscea
The Maraji Queen
Ocularen Banner (+2G, +1Bl, -1Br)

Archer starts at half-mana and starts with a leaf storm. Arboreal Crystal creates a leaf storm to extend the time and entangles.
Fundingus is a Green / Red Goblin that explodes purple gems + extra turn which is nice when almost every other Goblin explodes green.
The Maraji Queen gives Fundingus a half-mana start and can curse for Piscea (or just turn Green to Doomskulls).

I’m having an easier time to multi-loop with this than messing with Venoxia or Lady Anariel.

The mythic still isn’t amazing, but at least its something to do for a few minutes.

5 Likes

Been doing the new delve with this setup: [7155,1433,6789,6627,3069,2,1,1,1,2,1,0,14031]
Basically Piscea, Ocea’s Tome (monk), The Gray King, The Deep King
not the perfect setup, but having fun with it.

1 Like

its not even lore at this point, its just describing the troop in a verbose way.

9 Likes

I spent 9k seals and 200 gem keys and got it

1 Like

We all have to admit, Piscea is a winner thus far. The buzz around it has been pretty positive. However, I don’t have high hopes for Ahries, the Ram. But there’s always room for improvement.

3 Likes

only 80k seals here and 1500 gem keys and 3-4000 glory keys. The Devil smiled at me yesterday! :grinning:

2 Likes

1k seals here, same for the last mythic too. I’m rolling in seals at the moment, but I expect my luck to change soon

2 Likes

@TheWinzor congrats, only 80K seals here and 1500 gem keys ++

1 Like

RNG is like that sometimes sometimes you get them easy sometimes you blow all your seals gem and glory keys and a huge chunk of your glory lol I am usually in the latter category.

1 Like

Right, it feels just more like a middle finger than RNG.

1 Like

I was totally prepared for fighting Badus Luckus this week, used 9 clan orbs & 5 major clans…

So… uhh… guess I’m just better prepared for next month :smiley:

1 Like

Really, that’s the key in my experience. I don’t open anything but glory keys/extra glory or event keys when there is a mythic I’m missing in the week’s kingdom between monthly mythics. I haven’t missed a single monthly mythic since I started doing this a good while ago. Good luck one month rolls over to counterbalance the bad luck next time.

3 Likes

Checked IP2’s channel for the Piscea announcement video, but they seem to have abandoned their YouTube too now?

Or did they simply… forget?

1 Like

I do pretty much the same and have done for the past 3 years+. Think I only missed Queen of Sin and perhaps one other. Don’t get me wrong, I was fortunate to be in a good guild so was getting plenty of resources early on so this definitely helped a lot.

I always open guild chests first, using a few orb of clans if needed and then I move to gem keys, finally glory keys but 8/10 I’m fortunate with guild chests. For me, I see those as the easiest to accumulate over the month.

3 Likes

Just sayin…

We see how many bugs this game has and with every content release there is more, but the rng is 100% correct?

:thinking:

Bugs happen when they add new code or modify exist code affecting the areas where the code has been added or changed. They don’t fiddle with the drop rate code and so we have no reason to expect it to be bugged and those of us collecting and tabulating drop rates don’t see any evidence that their code is bugged in this regard. If you have any evidence that the drop rate is somehow skewed because you have collected a bunch of numbers from a bunch of people over time and show that the drop rates are not being reflected in a large sample size then I would be interested to see. Other than that all you see is anectdotal evidence from a couple players saying “I fell on the bad end of expected probability” while ignoring all the people that got it super easy or in between.

2 Likes

I rolled it after spending 60k glory

I have seen a lot of people bash this mythic. It is FAR better than some have said. There are some crazy solid teams with it popping up. There is a strong Venoxia team with this that will easily 30 second explore 12 consistently and if your lucky 10 seconds. It is absolutely worth trying to get.

3 Likes

Its been a while, but this at least feels like a real mythic. It has synergies that can be build around, rather than the usual fare of anti-synergies that has been increasingly common for new mythic releases, while still keeping to a central theme. Its traits make sense for the role it plays. Why is this not a thing every time? Whether it ends up being “good” or not, its this kind of thing I’m looking for in a mythic release.

While its 30% devour chance per check is going to keep it back from being top of the line in, say, explore with mega-endgame stats versus Zuul-fireblade or in delves versus Irongut and or Zuul setups teams, who have consistency on their side, the fact that it can be set up to do more than one set of checks per turn and/or set up other stuff means it isn’t yet another mythic that is already at its potential cap when it releases as something it can set up or something that sets it up can instantly change its potentiality.

As for where it is right now, I literally can’t remember a mythic released in the last year or so that is “better”, just judging it on a vacuum based on its tools and self synergy, or with a single other troop or weapon, than this one is already. While this isn’t a completely self contained loop, simply using Essence of Evil to ping a blue troop then using Piscea to (almost always, if you had a green storm or just not any storm that isn’t green) fill Essence of Evil again gets you 1-2 disabled troops and occasionally 1 super beefy tank with up to 2 more dead troops, which, even if it “fails” still nets you an attack boosted troop and immediately getting your turn back. Theres literally dozens of synergies to explore just using that as a base, while still having room for an empowered and another troop. This is the type of design we should be encouraging, whether or not it pushes forward the “meta” for being able to farm if you have literally every single troop already, because it can make functional teams that at least play slightly differently and teams that can scale, two things that are sorely missing, for whatever reason, from over 90% of troops even at the legendary and mythic level.

14 Likes