New Kingdom - Suncrest

There is also the sea/ocean :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

True, but the wording was “in the north” rather than “to the north” which I would interpret as the north of the “World” rather than just north of the speakers location.

1 Like

Nothing will be there unless they update the map, doesn’t have the traditional Fog of War effect or whatever it is. The clouds.

My bet is on a new page or something after those three kingdoms.

2 Likes

Or no more kingdoms.

i hope no more world map “pages”
map is big enough to me, scrolling it further would be a bother

For the moment, their strategy is to put new kingdoms on every small remaining place…

Since the beggining of the game, 3 kingdoms have been added on the map according to the game files (area without the fog of war): top right (north 3-islands area), bottom right, middle left.
In total there are 4 kingdoms not yet released (counting the one that we know).

So devs have at least 8 months before finding a solution… maybe they are waiting for Unity to implement a new kind of map.

Next kingdom seems to be Urskaya, placed above Maugrim Woods. The legendary of that kingdom is an Urska named King Mikhail whose spell and trait use the Enraged effect. Sounds close enough to a “Mad King up in the north” to me.

10 Likes

Poor Sharkey sure needs some more friends :slight_smile:
He’s waited so long and his buddy Troglodyte isn’t even here yet.

1 Like

I’ve had verbal confirmation from the devs that they have plans for more Kingdoms than fit on the current map.

So either the map expands, or as @Shimrra guessed, there’ll be an extra map page added. IMHO expanding the one scrollable map is a better idea though.

Maybe the Unity version will come with a bigger map on release (like @turintuor suggested).

2 Likes

I wouldn’t like a second map page. Having to navigate back to the first map to check stuff / collect tribute / etc would be a pain. I know, first world problem right?

5 Likes

The could add a kingdom summary page, or a collect tribute button to the UI to get around those issues. I agree I’d prefer the single bigger map page over multiple, but would also like to be able to zoom out a lot more if that’s the case :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes