New Kingdom - Shentang

I wasn’t planning on using many Keys but… Plans get throw out of the window when there are new things to collect I got at least 1 copy all of the troops Epic or below, but both Legendary troops stayed completely hidden, guess I’ll have to wait for the Event. Very typical for the luck I’ve been having recently:

800 Gold Keys
800 Glory Keys
200 Gem Keys

Maybe in a future quest we’ll help an mute character and then our Hero will finally speak more. It would be “mind blowing” to see our hero speaking two or three sentences together. :rofl:

1 Like

The problem with hero speech is the different types and races of hero, for instance a necromancer probably wouldn’t sound like a warlord, bard or priest. Likewise female elves and male dwarves are probably different as well

Using simple generic neutral phrases allows for the text to apply to all heros, at a loss of character.

1 Like

The dialogues of our hero is treated like those internal jokes that are just mildly amusing between a group of friends no matter how many time it had been said. Every new kingdom bring this up. :wink:

This is basically the argument for why Link and/or Final Fantasy protags tend to be silent, and I’m more comfortable with “look, we decided to make a silent protag, deal with it” over “trying to argue that silent protag is better”. There are plenty of examples of beloved PCs that have complex dialogue, too!

So long as the thing talking to me is kind of cool like Penglong, I don’t mind if I don’t have anything interesting to say in response.

I like how the hero is laconic and laid-back. He’s trapped in a nonsense world and he knows.

1 Like

Solution to the resource crunch: patience. I burned a bunch of gold keys to get the commons and rares, but am saving my Glory / Gem / Guild keys until the new Mythic comes out. Event keys get saved for the next Legendary troop regardless.

Yes it means I won’t have all the new troops for a few weeks, but then… two birds with one stone.

3 Likes

This is my method of approaching this kingdom.

Also, if I’m honest I probably won’t even really use 95% of troops from this kingdom anyways. So no need to pop a vein over trying to get one extra life point.

:wink::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I doubt Shentang will be an event in the next few weeks. When bright forest was being hyped, the developers said that it was unusual to do event and release together.

I recommend normal spending of gold and glory keys until then.

Week after next according to taransworld.com . I think simultaneous event and release is what they meant there.

1 Like

Yes, it was unusual to release a kingdom on a Monday, but normally the kingdom releases on a Friday and the following week is the event for that kingdom. I don’t recall what they’ve done with simultaneous releases (two kingdoms at once) off the top of my head.

Edit: when Blighted lands and Drifting Sands were released simultaneously on a Friday, the next two weeks were events for those kingdoms.

1 Like

1800 glory keys for 1 Diviner… Just ridiculous.

1 Like

Yeah, the more troops they put into the game, the worse this gets. Whether it’s this coming week or the following week, I’m waiting for the kingdom event before I open event chests and I’m saving Glory and Gems for mythic exclusive weeks only. In my view, there’s no point in fishing for UR and higher troops in kingdoms anymore.

8 Likes

The way I have always done it. Spend a majority of gold keys when a new kingdom arrives, then save for the next one. Glory keys, gem keys and seals only spend when a new mythic is in town for the week. Event keys only spent if there is a new legendary from that kingdom for the week.

1 Like