New Kingdom: Darkstone

Ok figured it out.

Just got a very similar error at the end of a battle.

I also had a similar error but after I completed a treasure map.

I play in English and everything is working well.
But my son, who plays in French, is seeing this in Darkstone :

Thanks, we’ll look into it.

Translation should appear, next time you run the game (make sure that you see the game update, if it doesn’t it won’t have the fix in it).

It’s solved. Thanks!

I second what odin said. An answer would be nice. Leaving console users in the dark isn’t good customer service. And now 505 have close their forums by the looks of it.

The answer is “yes”. As for when, I doubt anyone has a solid answer other than 505 games. I just checked their site, no forum that I could find but they do have support pages for GoW, I suggest sending a ticket.

Seeing as they’re not mentioning Wild Plains or Grosh’Nak on their list of kingdoms from three days ago, I would bet they’re pretty far behind. But I wouldn’t know since I’m on PC/Mobile.

The thing is, I would rather a straight answer that’s quick than having to send tickets to them all the time. Give how buggy they’ve made the game with the latest patch, that’s a lot of tickets. I posted on their forums a few days ago and suddenly they’ve disappeared. May I ask why 505 was chosen? They’ve been slow to update and seem unable to release a patch without major issues. Not exactly what you want for your console customers.

Hey Folks,

With regards to Darkstone & Consoles, we’ve been trying to answer this question as best we can, and where we can, so apologies for being a bit slow to get to it here.

Yes, the intention is DEFINITELY to get all the kingdoms from mobile to console. I know that Maugrim Woods and Grosh-Nak are currently being worked on for an upcoming update. After that, we fully expect that Darkstone and beyond will make their way over there too. Hopefully over time, we will get out releases closer and closer together to avoid confusion.

2 Likes

Disappearing forums. That’s ugly. And unfortunately, 505 are once again the only ones with the answers to that (probably). As for why them in the first place… beats me. @Sirrian want to weigh in here? Sounds like trouble. (OR HE’S HERE ALREADY.)

I can definitely relate, I’ve been trying to help out some other game and now the only two people from the company who we ever talked to are no longer of that company, and no-one else is stepping up. And however many issues Console GoW has, that one has way more things wrong with it and stretching over a much longer timeframe. So I would also like GoW to not go down that road. PC/Mobile doesn’t have any of those problems of course.

Obviously we need two Sirrians or we’ll get nothing done on Consoles.

… and now hes making me look silly by trying to get him after hes shown up.

1 Like

I take it the devs here know what type of games 505 actually developed, right? They’re iconic for being awful, so much so that they are actually collectable.

I don’t see what’s wrong with Terraria but other than that I know basically nothing.

Terraria is the only good one I know of.

I’m referring to PS2 and before.

Edit, just checked. They published terraria. They didn’t make it. They have a long list of bad games published too, lol.

@Shimrra, don’t wish for 2 of me please - we’d fight like crazy :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure what’s happening with 505 forums. I actually wasn’t aware of them (I’ve had my head buried in 108 stuff for so long!) But if anything, I suspect they might like to have all Gems of War traffic centralized in one place - here. I shall ask around and endeavour to find out though.

I do know the Pipeworks/505 team are working hard right now to address any bugs in the console version. Gems of War, for all its simplicity, is actually kind of a complex beast in many ways. They’re going through right now what we went through about a year ago when we released on mobile/PC.

2 Likes

The 505 forums covered gems of war, terraria and a few other games. Wasn’t solely GOW. There hadn’t been replies in days though… It seemed like they weren’t bothered about answering questions on their forums.

@ruzin, 505 are primarily a publisher of other people’s games, following a traditional publisher model.

Some of the 505 Games titles may or may not appeal to everybody. Terraria and Two Brothers certainly received a lot of critical praise. And games like the Payday series have been hugely successful (though we know they’ve suffered some technical & community issues recently).
Like all publishers, there will be some hits and some misses, sure, but I think their record is as good or better than most.

I can’t speak for games released before we worked with 505, but the reason WE decided to partner with them is that the guys we deal with at 505 really DO understand game development. They have a great team on the publisher side, many of whom are successful ex-dev’s with decades of experience. They’ve been a joy to work with. As a developer, quite often the quality of your game can be severely limited by a publishing partner that doesn’t support you or understand what you’re doing. That has not been the case here… the 505 team are fully supportive of us, and have helped us make the game better in countless ways.

For the record… I’m saying none of this because I HAVE to… that wouldn’t be my style. :sunglasses:

Anyway, let me dig around a bit over the weekend, and see what I can learn about the forums there.

3 Likes

To be fair, the mobile/PC versions were likely a bit simpler to work with considering the GoW team built it from the ground up. (Maybe first floor if they took the base from a Puzzle Quest game.)

While Pipeworks/505Games on the other hand are a group who like to dabble in building things, and were simply given a couple old bicycles from a professional Bike Company and were asked to build off them. And they did essentially the same thing with the two bikes, but the balance is currently off on both because of all the features they’ve added recently. Now they are slowly working towards a stable build closer to what the original Bike Company builds as a profession, it’s just coming along a bit slower than expected.
:bike:
And there we go! An analogy about bikes to help explain two gaming companies working to build a great game for separate platforms! I may or may not be all sane in the head atm, so I’ll just ride off now.
:foggy::bicyclist:

1 Like

Please all the focus on digging 1.0.8, we need it before the shop closes, as it will be a huge waiting if we need for them to reopen again. Sorry for being a bit impatient, but the update seems like a big game changer so I can’t wait to test out what is going on.

1 Like