New Kingdom - Blackhawk

Just happened to me as well.

I just saw the effect, or, well, the lack thereof. It doesn’t look like any other skill removal trait (a strong pulse to the skill icon) or like mana burn’s lightning effect. It doesn’t look like anything, just you check the numbers and they’re lower. If that’s intended, it’s a very bad design.

1 Like

One of Kraken’s processes also causes causes the next skull hit to not have an animation. Not sure which yet. I think it might be the devour missing.

Typo in the quest line. One of the steps is called “Tempation”

Confirmed, happened to me as well. Pinging @sirrian @nimhain

As it was explained to me, the Mana Burn issue is a result of layering visual effects or something. If there aren’t any for Tentacles then it might be something different.

Great! I can’t wait to get Gard’s…oh…wait…

Great kingdom, cool and funny quest/dialogues. :smile:

i love maps… so now i have the whole family with an alchemist to make the bombs :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hey guys,

We’re going to take a look into the Kraken trait once we get to the office (we’re currently out having dinner).

3 Likes

bon appétit

1 Like

Grr… as if your needs are greater than ours… some people… *tsk

1 Like

Life’s a boat,
As you sail through the infinite sees,
For every eleven elven treasures
You shall deal with twenty ten tackles.
If your see 'a kracken -
Get yerself tha boasty crew
and you needn’t avoid no meer!

(this is original, a gift for devs :heartpulse:)

3 Likes

We’ve been investigating the issue with Tentacles hanging the game if it kills the final enemy troop, and we’ve found that it’s a problem in the game client, not something that can be hotfixed (I’ve already fixed the bug in the codebase that caused it).

So…

We’re going to rework that trait for now… if everyone likes the new trait, we’ll probably leave it in place. If you prefer the old one, we’ll switch back to that when 2.2 releases.

TENTACLES
Gain 2 points to a random stat at the start of every turn.

(I kind of imagine more and more tentacles coming out of the water with each new turn)

hate it!

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

yup hate the new trait xD

please let us aoe on skull matches :smiley: i still need to wait for my kraken for when i could get it with event keys and im looking forward to a having fun with that effect…

3 Likes

Even getting 2 to all stats at the beginning of every turn wouldn’t be much better compared to previous trait :confused:

3 Likes

Cool :stuck_out_tongue: well it’ll be back to its old self in a few weeks with 2.2 then!

8 Likes

In a few weeks? :open_mouth:
Is it too much to hope for guild wars at the start of December? :smiley:

2 Likes

Nah, that’s no way near as good. Joining the queue in the hate-the-new-trait brigade.

Though the old trait was too strong… It should be 2 damage AoE not 3, to be comparable to poor old Moloch…

How about giving it a spin and seeing how it goes before passing judgement? :wink: with 2 dmg there’ll be little point in using kraken at all, with 3 - you can build decks around it. I’m not saying 3 is a sweet spot - but it might be, I’d first like to see how it goes.

2 Likes