New Hero Classes! Details inside!

Actually no. Any nerfs to Death Mark means Death will be affected hard. He’s already a very easily countered mythic, and with any nerfs to Death Mark means Death, the poor fellow, gets kicked even more and becomes a crappier mythic

You think Death is a bad mythic?

Death is actually balanced well for a mythic.

And I would consider this a buff to him. He deathmarks everyone and then does damage, with a changed deathmark it would double all of the damage he does.

Less of a lottery win.

4 Likes

Or what if only one troop at a time can have hunters mark? So picking a new target automatically removes the mark from the old one

1 Like

This could make for some interesting play if you had a way to put a hunters mark on an ally. Eg put it on Gorgotha in last position, and have a high attack troop up front for your own skull matches.

1 Like

Also I wonder if some of the already existed classes will get some love upon release of the 3 new classes.

Still waiting for that deathmark thing to get a rework… like, maybe on an 8-match or something…

1 Like

if anything else then necromancer brings necromancy to hero classes ill be trolling it (necromancer) all over…

some consistency and common sense just should be maintained please …

2 Likes

Death is better than War and Plague combined already. The problem is that you want to balance him UP to even with Famine instead of bringing them both inline with a reasonable power curve.

Instant-death mechanics are not player friendly, that’s the bottom line. They remove strategic thinking and insert more RNG. All it does is end up making players mad.

If you really want to make Death a meaningful card, give him some real abilities. Right now he’s a glorified slot machine.

6 Likes

I’d also see Death as becoming stronger with the proposed change to Deathmark instead of weaker.
In the end you field a team and the guaranteed double damage to all can be huge and opens all kinds of great team setups for Death; say hello to Crimson Bats 30++ true damage to all, Gards Avatar, Krystenax etc. teams that devastate whole teams in a follow-up cast. And no stupid rng involved, all pros in my book, though i get that it is kind of a preference thing for some people.
Also if Deathmark actually would get changed, Deaths split damage value could surely be adapted for him to feel a bit more destructive on his own, though honestly i don’t think that is needed in any way.

2 Likes

Edit. Deleted my last post as no one is able to understand why I’m not very happy about the changes. As no one is able to understand the significance of Death having Death Marks ATM

What if DM prof rate was based on HP %?
Further from full higher it gets??

2 Likes

That sounds cool too, except I wouldn’t trust the HP% calculation atm considering how weird Hydra behaves when you start piling +Life effect on it. :disappointed_relieved:

hydra doesnt behave weird, it just current ui doesnt show max health

I think I understand - you like Death as a troop and wish he was more powerful. There’s nothing wrong with that.

The problem is that there’s a myriad of ways to make him more powerful that don’t involve decreasing player agency and tactical thinking…

As a side note I’d like to see an armour piercing mark. Any troop with this mark receives always true damage from skulls or spells.

1 Like

Mark of Achilles

Way too specific? Would I have to hit his left heel or something?

2 Likes

it doesnt have to be called a mark, it could be “Osteoporosis”
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

EDIT: Also it seems the hero weapons got a slight update. Credit to @yonizaf for the info:

REMINDER: ALL FUTURE HERO-CLASS DETAILS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. (Retrieved 2017-04-10)

Oracle (Divinion Fields)
Bonus Mana Mastery: Yellow
Bonus Magic to Weapon: Purple
Class Weapon: Staff of Visions (12 Purple) - Give an ally [Magic+1] to a random skil, then give them Barrier and 3-10 Mana.
Perks: Vision of Health - Adds Life / Vision of Power - Adds Magic / Vision of Home - Counts as Centaur
Traits: Centaur Bond / Invigorated / Portent - All Centaurs gain 2 Magic when an enemy casts a spell.
Requires: Arcane Plains

Deathknight (Ghulvania)
Bonus Mana Mastery: Red
Bonus Magic to Weapon: Purple
Class Weapon: Crypt Keeper (13 Purple) - Death Mark an enemy. Deal [Magic+1] true damage to all enemies below them, boosted by enemy Death Marks. [x3]
Perks: Unholy Armor - Adds Armor / Dark Gift - Adds Magic / Risen Knight - Counts as Knight
Traits: Undead Bond / Warded / Death Curse - Death Mark all enemies when I die.
Requires: Arcane Dark

Titan (Stormheim)
Bonus Mana Mastery: Red
Bonus Magic to Weapon: Blue
Class Weapon: Thorodin (14 Blue) - Deal [Magic+5] damage to an enemy, and half of that damage to adjacent enemies, boosted by ally and enemy Giants. [x6]
Perks: Mighty Heart - Adds Life / Titan’s Strength - Adds Attack / Giant Kin - Counts as Giant
Traits: Giant Bond / Big / Giant Lord - All Giants start battle with 50% Mana.
Requires: Arcane Blood

5 Likes

Good changes, Thorodin now looks like something you might want to actually use. Stormheim sends its regards!

1 Like