New Hero Class: Thief

While i dont doubt that 4.0 change in code might have made a difference, didnt 4.0 come out after sunspear? And sunspears weapon took nearly 2 days to be revealed.

Yes, correct.
We frequently had new weapons not appearing (or appearing too early in some cases), going back over the last 3-4 years.

The new system should make this better… we just have to get everybody out of the habit of doing it the old way!

3 Likes

If they try to make automatic errors, will they fail and then things will works as intended everytime?

skellythinking

Thank you for fixing the bug!

Have a great weekend!

After unlocking my own weapon to see the kind of upgrades it has i must say: Well done @Sirrian and team.

All upgrades are well selected to work with the effects from the weapon itself and the class’ traits. No meaningless explosion, creation or removal of gems is just great. The upgrades generating gold and dealing extra damage to the last enemy help a lot and works with the whole kit of this class.

Only the Talents Trees selection, as well as some talents, are a little odd, but that’s more a general issue with those than a problem exclusive in this class and weapon sinergies. Still, if the Hunter Mark falls on the first enemy a skull match can setup the Skelleton Key for an extra turn on kill with its spell, so there are still good things to work with.

Unsure if known or should be posted in the bug section?

Running the new class, with L40 tree Backup, if you cast Sunbird it does not come back as Sunbird, but Bandit.

@Sirrian XBox here. I just completed my 250 wins, received the completion message and still no weapon. I tried restarted a couple times and still nothing. Has anyone on XBox been able to get it?

It’s working fine (not that everybody agrees with it). We were told some time ago that the intended processing order is - Sunbird dies, hero’s perk summons Bandit, Sunbird tries to revive but has run out out of troop slots.

1 Like

I will pay more attention, but I am using firebomb so I would have likely had an additional slot open. I will switch back and see if I can replicate again.-

So after 20 battles I found the Bandit spawns pretty consistently. What appears to have happened is when Firebomb exploded, it spawned the Bandit. Then when I use Sunbird, it also spawned a Bandit. So the weird code is working, but should be modified to not over write a cards purpose. Good luck, I know :smiley:

Still nothing on Xbox for me either. I’m used to it by now though. PC gets priority.

Can these people be fired? Maybe something extreme like that. Would cause less of these “mistakes” from happening so often.

As much grievances and trouble this has caused, three times already, i disagree. This is very extreme and i don’t think this would even be a good measure in any practical way. Having to hire new people to such positions would probably require extra time/training until they get used to how things work within the company and the code in the game. [Insert old legacy code joke here if you want…]

I just hope that in the meantime, if we raise concerns about how the game issues are being handled we don’t be met with dismissive answers from the devs and other forum users as we’ve seen so far…

3 Likes

Well I would have to fire myself… as what we have here is a failure to communicate the new process effectively, which is MY fault, not the people concerned.

Of course I enjoy my job far too much to fire me :stuck_out_tongue:

23 Likes

@Sirrian Just keeping you updated that we are now into another day and still no Skeleton Key for XBox. My guild mates were messaging me that @Cyrup had posted in global chat that we should have them now. I have reset everything and still no SK.

Well if you did fire yourself, then the game would be in a hot mess.

2 Likes

We are aware of issues that are raised, especially bugs, and are always working on them. We do our best to reply everywhere possible, including these forums and all of our many social platforms. Sometimes I may miss a comment or two (especially between the forums, twitter, Facebook and Reddit) but I reply to absolutely everything I can concerning where we are in the fixing process. We fixed the Skeleton Key as quickly as we could outside of office hours, and then looked into Xbox 1 as soon as we were aware that there was an issue.

Also, I don’t think firing people would help reduce issues. In fact, it would likely make them worse as new staff need to learn our processes. People make mistakes, especially when there are a lot of moving parts. If someone was fired every time they made a mistake, the entire workforce (for every industry!!!) would be in disarray!

Also, I don’t want to lose Sirrian. Sirrian is wonderful.

10 Likes

Agreed. Mistakes happen. For the same mistake to happen 3 times in a row is more negligence than a “simple mistake”.
Every week there’s at least bug that appears out of no where. Your community is extremely patient with them. Just 7 hours ago… The servers crashed because more people played ToD than expected. No one is calling for people to be fired over it. Yet, it’s not out of line to think that if the servers crash every time ToD starts. Then something needs to change. And that was merely my suggestion. That extreme changes happen. Lots of money and time is being used to constantly add things to the game. Money that could be used to keep it more stable… Such as… hek…a working global chat?
Firing someone should be the last line of reasonable actions to incur positive change. So my suggestion wasn’t issued lightly. But something definitely needs to change. Players/Customers seem to a replaceable entity. Perhaps staff members who aren’t pulling their own weight should be as well. If this was really Sirrians mistake. Then it’s a null issue. I suspect he’s doing what every good boss does and he’s covering for an employee of his. It’s none of my business either way.
I’ve only been fired once in my life. It was from a video game beta that I did probono work for. No one told me I was fired. I just lost access to it. I found out later I was fired after I raised hek over it. No warnings or counselings were given to me. I was just terminated. :person_shrugging:
My point is… I’ve never been fired from a real job because I work my butt off to perform in a way to never even have it be a possibility that I could be fired. I’d make mistakes just like anyone else. But I never made the same mistake twice…Nor would I even imagine making the the same mistake 3 times. My intent isn’t malicious. My intent is retention based. To keep players playing a game I love. I can easily justify and excuse the gem shops. The servers don’t run for free. What should I tell people about all the bugs and “mistakes”?
“That they just happen?” “If they don’t like it then they should quit?” “Treat the devs like a landlord and withhold any payments until broken things are fixed?”
The best answer you could possibly provide is a patch that fixes all past issues. And that doesn’t cause any new issues when it’s released. Until that happens… If it ever does… Any other answer you provide is hogwash. Sorry if that’s rude. But it’s honest feedback from a player that has been overly active for 2 years now. @GrandLuxxe shared me a great quote this morning when trying to form a strategy for ToD. “If you want to build a skyscraper, you better be sure to have a solid foundation”. Take it, for however you think it applies to here. Thank you for your time.

3 Likes

I also share the feeling that this was a “save face” mannuever, but well, as much as i disagree with the part about firing people, up to this point neither @Sirrian or @Saltypatra can deny that we, the players, were nothing but good-willed and patient over some glaring recurring issues time and time again (generally speaking)…

But there is a limit to it, this weapon issue IS NOT NEW AT ALL.

So, how things will unfold next time? Will everything work as it’s supposed? Out of pressure i can assume it probably will, but then later in the fifth new class release will we miss the weapon again because “Oops i’m a silly cinnamon roll and forgot…” ?

We are just asking that the game works as it’s supposed to work. It’s to your own benefit in the long run to prevent problems where it’s possible since these Class’ Weapons seems to require direct activation instead of leaving such isses pilling up on top of other problems…

2 Likes