New Hero Class: Doomsayer

I just did seven battles, no storms, no explosions, and only two of them had no 4 or 5 matches in the opening move. Two of them had a 5 match opening move. Two of them had a 4 match opening move. One of them had two 4-matches and one of the 4-matches arranged a 5-match. Now, seven battles is an incredibly low sample size, but 71% of battles having a 4 or 5 match from my limited data would probably suggest that even if I took a sample size of 1000 battles, it would not drop below 50%.

However: the real data we’re after is how many times does an explosion affect a 4+ match and results in no further 4-matches. Case in point: my current battle in class event has 4 random gems explode and 2 purple gems explode at start of battle, plus an icestorm from my talents. I had zero 4+ matches on the board before the explosions. After the explosions I have a blue and brown 4-match. The top 4-match turned into a 5-match. The bottom 4-match also turned into a 5-match. That 5-match turned into a 4-match. Without explosions, none of that would have happened.

So are explosions bad? Well, certainly if 50% of opening board states have 4+ matches on them, then a guaranteed explosion could ruin that (it might not also, it might hit the other side of the board and leave the match untouched). But it could also create 4+ match opportunities.

So I in no way dispute awryan’s 50% claim, but I do think explosions probably cause as many 4-matches as they ruin.

1 Like

3 Likes

Mind you he was speaking on 4 Explosions.
So Doomsayer’s trait is 3/4 less of an advantage.
Unless of course paired with 3 other troops that explode a gem at the start. I believe only Daemons have that trait.
And probably because of that… They will be the last type to get a 50% Mana boost. I can easily see 30% Mana start being created for just them.

1 Like

The game is far easier when you have explosions to start a match. Hard to see how this is debatable…yes it tends to target 4 matches but that doesn’t happen enough anyways.

1 Like

you expect too much out of them.

The daemon lord troop will probably just say : Give 50% Mana to all Daemon Allies when battle begins.

4 Likes

Why not, “If an allied troop is a Daemon, it will start the battle with 50% Mana”? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

“50% Mana, words are hard, figure it out!”
:wink:

7 Likes

Daemons will never get 50% start. Why? Wrath.

Man those were the times, game looked so cool.

2 Likes

Also ishballa needs her 50% start back.

1 Like

She had 50% at one point?

Sure did. It was so awful that the devs both designed anti-divine troops and reduced her initial start. Life and Death is pretty irritating, but the old divine meta was just as much so.

1 Like

I’d rather she get cleanse back.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen anyone “officially” point this out yet (my bad if someone else did already), but with the release of the Doomsayer class,

the “Coming Soon” tile on Hero(ine) classes has been removed. So, this indeed is the final class being released (assuming these days, that this isn’t a bug). Time to toss classes on the growing pile of “Old GoW” game modes/features reaching end-of-life status.

Also, where are all the DOOMslayer jokes at this weekend?

2 Likes

Most 50% start mana troops are double converters.

So Doomsayer is actually good because its starting explosion and blue storm speeds up Rowanne explore when using the weekly glory troop so that it’s nearly as fast at the normal Maraji team.

Here’s the team code: [1017,6087,6638,6866,3036,2,1,3,3,3,0,0,14033]

For reference, the normal explore team has Maraji Queen in the last slot.

This is the only thing I’ll be using this class for, but it’s still useful and nice!

Nice team! But Bloody Axe? I recommend Shield of Urskaya or Broken Guard to handle tougher opponents. Other alternatives for lots of damage without blocking Rowanne: Crypt Keeper, Dancing Daggers, Fiend Fire, Wicked Scythe.

This team is specifically for low level Explore to average 15-20 second fights for Difficulty 2 or 3. Bloody Axe is low mana and doesn’t block so it can be used for clean up if one troop happens to survive Rowanne’s cast for whatever reason (ex. Spell Armor or summon on death).

1 Like

This means also that no new kingdoms are planned for now.

BTW, I could not find full hero class list with comparison. Does someone have the link? Sorry, found it: Improve Classes (Full Analysis, Problems & Solutions)

So Doomsayer is good for leveling up Doomsayer. Noted.