New hero avatars?

Yes, i agree! :grinning:

The hero is usually addressed in gender-neutral terms in the English version, though Iā€™ve caught the occasional slip here and there. I usually submit any stray ā€œheā€ or ā€œhisā€ as a bug report.

Also, I want to like your post extra times.

I love braids! And in the interest of being helpful, I flipped through some of my current troop cards for inspiration. (And seriously, I didnā€™t mention Ysabelle or Tesla lightly. They both have amazing outfits and hair.)

Hair:

• I love the Apothecaryā€™s side buns. (And beard! No really, I want a dwarven beard.)

• Speaking of, Sirenā€™s coiled braids give me life.

• Felā€™Dras has swept back hair with two side pieces out.

• Ghiralee has bouncy curls!

• Lady Ironbeard has fantastic hair, similar to Felā€™Dras but with a thick braid in back instead.

• Lastly, in the Armor tab of the Shop, a random blonde human is rocking loop braids that own, own, own.

Outfits:

• I would love Priestessā€™s garb. Very fitting her motif.

• Iā€™m going to second the ā€œElspeth, but with more coveredā€ idea ā€“ I would adore a flowy Silverglade mage look.

• And @Sheba 's idea about themed clothes for kingdoms? Fabulous.

• Iā€™d love Amiraā€™s vest and cloak, again with the ā€œif it covered a bit moreā€ disclaimer.

Lastly, Iā€™m going to agree with @Sheba here (again) ā€“ I donā€™t put headwear on my character because it kills her hairstyle. Also, some of the headwear clips the Gurakkā€™s ears, which is awkward.

Other:

• Some characters rock horns, like Dark Priestess or Desdaemona or Faunessa. Yes, please.

• Although Iā€™m not into her outfit, itā€™d be amazing to go non standard with skin colors a la the Djinn. And Iā€™m going to second what @Sheba said ā€“ while itā€™s great that the humans have a dark-skinned variant, itā€™s disappointing that elves and dwarves donā€™t.

I donā€™t know if any of this was helpful, but here 'tis.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s quite a few instances. Checking gowdb.com ā€¦

Urskaya storyline:

Ferit: Oh great Baba Yaga, this hero needs you to read his dreams!

Panā€™s Vale storyline:

Elwyn: There once was a hero who entered the Vale.
Hero: ā€¦
Elwyn: Who was destined for greatness, and this is his tale!

Elwyn: The Hero stood tall, and the foes turned and ran.
Hero: Stood tall?
Elwyn: The battle was over, before it began.
Hero: Battle?
Elwyn: He saw all about him the cracked, bloodstained earth.
Hero: He did, did he?
Elwyn: And he longed for a challenge that tested his worth.

Elwyn: The hero climbed up there, and burst down the door.
Hero: Wow.
Elwyn: But heā€™d just rescued too many maidens before.

Elwyn: He felt a disquiet deep down in his chest.
Hero: Good.
Elwyn: He had wealth, he had fame, but he longed for much more.

Elwyn: Two cuts from his sword, and heā€™d finished the beast.
Hero: Poor thing.
Elwyn: And the Hero rode home to a troubling peace.

Elwyn: Yet a Hero without them, he is little moreā€¦
Hero: Keep going.
Elwyn: Than a child playing games on a small wooden throne.
Elwyn: And the Daemons of Peace will claim him as their own.

Elwyn: So the hero rode out and he pillaged and burned.
Hero: Good.
Elwyn: Without bleeding, and fighting, the boredom returned.
Elwyn: And each challenge he set, was more fearsome and bold.
Elwyn: Until sanity left him, and madness took hold.

Elwyn: That his motives were noble, his actions most wise.
Elwyn: Til he realised the truth of what you can fight for.

Elwyn needs to shut the heck up, I swear. I mean, technically, itā€™s just a song heā€™s coming up with, but heā€™s making a male hero out of female me in it when using me killing monsters for inspiration and it miffs me. And I guess Ferit is just insane as usual, but still. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Honestly all of these hairstyle ideas are amazing! If I would be able to look like a Siren, that would so rock! I think a lot of people would have fun trying to look like troops, so not just having a Sirenā€™s hairstyle but changing the skincolor to puple would be so fun as well. :smiley: And I admit that I was so upset when I found out there was no way to get the hair from the female in the armor shop pictures. When I started the game, I thought the hairstyle would actually come with the helmetsā€¦ oh, how wrong I had been.

Also totally agreeing with making the dwarven avatar available for females and having it have a beard option! (Could be one of the extra features so that we could choose hairstyles freely with or without beard. Lady Ironbeard has no beard, so making it optional for females would be sweet. Iā€™d totally wear it, though!)

Horns would be appreciated, too! If there will be no new race and just more armor, making them a headgear not erasing hairstyle would be great!

So I agree basically with everything! :grin:

Oh, and I would love a nice, warm coat. Basically winter clothes. These would fit for several kingdoms; both the winter-themed ones and Stormheim as well, I think. I would so wear winter clothes when exploring in those.

2 Likes

And who says excessive gems gameplay rots the brain? Ha, no evidence of that anywhereā€¦

i think customization would shine and thrive when there is a game mode where you can (or maybe must?) use more then one hero in a team (different classes and weapons for each hero used) making it somewhat like a true team of heroes like in classic rpg games

2 Likes

I suggested double hero as well, and itā€™s a good idea and could really give the game a new twist.

1 Like

I just happen to stumble upon this thread and read through it. Since Iā€™m finished, Iā€™ll share a couple thoughts.

1. Sexualizing the females. In general, I donā€™t see the issue with this, as long as itā€™s done for both male and female character (the fact that itā€™s female heavy in many games is more the issue, in my opinion). So, I feel if weā€™re going to have sexy females, than we need more things like Incubus. Because, he honestly looks more like a male model at a Halloween party than a demon. But, hey, thatā€™s fine by me, because of weā€™re doing sexy females like crazy, then we should add more sexy males too. If not, then we should de-Sexualize the females. One way or the other, it should at least be equal/fair.

2. Iā€™m actually kind jealous when it comes to some of the options. Lets take the Female Elfā€™s hair, for example. You guys get a lot of cool long hair options, the male Elf has one. As a dude with long hair in real life, I think it would be awesome to have more options that way. On the flip side, you girls should get more short hair options too. Again, make it more equal/fair like I said above.

3. I absolutely agree about the headwear, itā€™s why I donā€™t wear it either. I would love to use some of them if they showed the hair as well.

2 Likes

i think there is no point in releasing ā€œmanyā€ of short hair options for females, mayority of female avatar users wont use them so the ā€œmoneyā€ spent on the artist making those will me mostly wasted?

i mean the proportion should still be weighted into ā€œmore of the types that are most used for that genderā€ not just equal amounts of any type for both genders, it makes no sense,

being said that i dont mind if there is more (or much more) of the avatar graphic options, would be greatā€¦

edit: and i think everyone agree all races/genders could use more hair options ofc :smiley:

1 Like

We just got a male troll with an extremely sexy bodyā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, that nose really gets every girl going, I tell you! :rofl:

I actually always use the short-hair options. Wish the short hair of the bunny would be available for the human, actually, as the human only has the weird sideswept thing. Not sure how itā€™s where you live, but here in Germany, many girls have chin-length or shoulder-length hair.

But yeah, I feel the thing is that the artists wouldnā€™t even have to make completely new stuff. Making more hairstyles available cross-race would already help so much. That way, they would, for example, only need to fix a tiny bit of art between human, elf, lapina and maybe dwarf (I donā€™t have that one, so I cannot say) and I feel like the other races arenā€™t that different since the basic head structure and size is the same. I think getting snake hair and looking like Medusa might be a thing people might want, actually.

3 Likes

All I can see is a beast of a muscular bodyā€¦ :wink: ā€¦and lets not talk about his loose pantsā€¦

1 Like

Youā€™re not wrong, but I just cannot unsee the nose or overly large claws. I know what people say about the nose of a guy in proportion to other certain body parts, but nope.
Dude is as sexy to me as Grapplepot is meant to be a sexy oriental belly dancer.:see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Point still stands, his body is very sexy, I agree that his face is ugly tho, most trolls are. But hes a very sexy troll at least. :wink:

Really? The Flame Troll has at least a 10/10 body it looks like, while Grapplepot has no beauty whatsoever on the outside. Perhaps insideā€¦

1 Like

Heā€™s better than the other trolls, thatā€™s for sure. Still, if Iā€™d have to go on a date with one of the guys not looking like a human or elf, thereā€™s nicer options like Waverider or Satyr Musician. Itā€™s not like we girls have nothing in the game - weā€™ll get that new guy that Salty likes so much for Bright Forest, then thereā€™s Elwyn, most of the elfs and dark elves, Khorvash, Gwayne and Luther for the older generation of girl gamersā€¦
But yeah, most of these guys donā€™t look like strippers - that indeed seems to be the job of the troll who wants to distract people from his nose - while the girls often seem to think that more than panties and some sort of bra arenā€™t neededā€¦

Maybe Iā€™m just too old for the Flame Troll (:laughing:) or am not enough into strippers, then? I donā€™t know. Iā€™m just not seeing it. I think itā€™s his way of ā€œdressingā€, too. Itā€™s just too much for me. Hottest dude in the game for me is Khorvash, definitely, followed byā€¦ I dunno, Satyr Musician and Gwayne, I guess.
ā€¦Man, I do feel old now.:joy:

Grapplepot seems to fit in with the Goblins and their way of looking and percieving beauty, in my eyes, so she feels moreā€¦ ā€œnaturalā€ to me. The Flame Troll is a weird mixture of overly perfect stripper and someone who wants to stab someone dead with their nose. Also disproportionally large hands. Heā€™s just soā€¦wrong. Like made out of three different bodies. So I just find him scary, tbh.

ā€¦Also this discussion about hero avatars took a weird turn.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

The main discussion comes from a statement someone other made: then we should add more sexy males too.
Which I just replied to.

No matter how much we twist or turns on it, the new Flame Troll which is a male is oozing of sexiness with his body and his costume. I think its very even when it comes to showing off skin from male and female characters in this game.

1 Like

That might be actually true, but you do admit that thereā€™s a difference when looking at the whole design between male and females, right? Because yes, a lot of males wear no shirt, but those guys include faces like the Flame Troll and other Trolls or Monster Muncher and so on. Compared to the half-naked, non-human girls like Yasmineā€™s Chosen, Dark Song or Green Seer, thatā€™s a difference. The only half-naked, non-humanish guy I can spontanously think about (I didnā€™t check) who doesnā€™t have a face only a mother could love is Waverider.

2 Likes

What you are saying with other words is that you want a male character with a young Russel Crowe face and with Flame Trolls body? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No, what I want to say is that I want Khorvash to take off his armor.:grin:
We do have hot males, but they are all wearing lots of clothes while the hot girls get underwear. Thatā€™s because traditionally, elves aside, most nonhuman girls get shown as still-humanish in fantasy games while nonhuman males look like monsters. Not-GoW-specific, compare dryads to ents, for example.
Guys therefore get all the hot nonhuman girls like Nymph, Dryad, Sirenā€¦ and we girls get Trolls. Guys even got a cute goblin girl with Fizzbang now! Whereā€™s the cute goblin guy, huh?

1 Like