New Faction - Werewoods

Originally published at: New Faction – Werewoods – Gems of War

New Faction: Werewoods Join Scarlett, as you explore the dark forests of the Werewoods! We have a new Faction to delve, as well as lots of new troops, lead by Beastmaster Torbern! To celebrate the release of this new Faction, we will be running a Faction event over the weekend for Werewoods.

2,800 shards to get Legendary to Mythic
3,400 shards to get Epic to Mythic (8 from event shop)
6,000 shards to get Ultra Rare to Mythic
8,800 shards to get Rare to Mythic

42 Coin Purse
111 Gold Ring
53 Priest Chalice
26 King’s Crown
13 Genie’s Lamp
3 Sacred Treasure

Sitting with 9 copies of the Legendary at Mythic…

2 Likes

Lowest rarity, hardest to max. Seems about right. 9,200 total.

1 Like

What a terrible faction team. I guess we have to skull bash our way to victory? The random transform will of course trigger for the enemy just before the troop dies. I understand wanting to give a delve a gimmick but chance to transform is a terrible one.

14 Likes

Does transforming reset gained attack and armor? If so, it is only useful as a Hail Mary if your top troop is about to eat an AI skull match—or if your Torbern went beast mode and you need him back. Can’t imagine why you would willingly give up the stats otherwise.

1 Like

What’s with the recent poor artwork for weapons? First the Glaive of Many Goats (or something like that) and then this faction’s weapon…

2 Likes

Yes, transforming creates a fresh troop.
The advantage of transforming own units: fresh troop. Which is almost as good as summoning for players except that it’s often a random troop. For the AI it means more meat in the grinder.
The downside of transforming your own troop: you probably had that troop in your team for a reason.
The advantage of transforming enemy troops: you might get rid of annoying spells or traits. In PvP it -might- disrupt enemy strategy. If the AI transforms your troop, you’re probably ticked off for having your strategy ruined, 10x more so in a delve where it affects multiple battles and counts as losing an original troop.
The downside of tranforming enemy troops: they get a fresh troop and since they get full levels it rarely hurts as much as you would like.

Additionally, transforming counts as losing a troop meaning it’s (effectively) impossible with this faction to raise all 3 markers (no losses, full faction team and highest delve) in 1 run EVEN AT THE LOWEST LEVEL!

I’m not sure about that, have you tried it yet? Sunbird kills itself and summons a sunbird. You can see a soul go to the enemy, it counts as death for ‘on death’ traits, and it counts as summon for ‘on summon’ traits, yet it doesn’t count as a loss of a troop for delves

3 Likes

It only looks to see if you ended the level with the same 4 troops as you did when you started the delve. It’d be possible to win this with “no casualties” if the summons work out and bring you back to your original team at the end.

2 Likes

November … and now, still a pain. RNG built into every move.

2 Likes

Did a pure faction run at Level 100, plenty of troop changes along the way and didnt end with same 4 troops I started with but it DID give me the no casualties L100
But moving on, this Delve is going to be terrible for Pure Faction runs at higher levels!

5 Likes

As a counterpoint, I did a pure faction run at level 100, never took a skull hit and only let a single AI troop cast a spell at all, and did not get credit for no losses.

2 Likes

Torben is annoying. Often you actively don’t want to cast his spell because you can see it will backfire. I ended up with 3 Torbens in my team

1 Like

Thank you for using one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite rock and roll bands for the last few story quest titles. I was obliged to boot up some Kansas for the last few battles and initial delve attempts.

1 Like

Consistently inconsistent :crazy_face:.

2 Likes

8,940 shards spent in total

3,400 shards to get Legendary to Mythic
4,400 shards to get Epic to Mythic [5 from event shop]
6,000 shards to get Ultra Rare to Mythic
8,940 shards to get Rare to Mythic

Troop %: 41.6%
Treasure %: 58.4%

Rarity Troop Amount %
Rare Werebird 91 20.4%
Ultra Rare Werebear 60 13.4%
Epic Werecat 21 4.7%
Legendary Beastmaster Torbern 14 3.1%
Common Coin Purse 31 6.9%
Rare Gold Ring 123 27.5%
Ultra Rare Priest’s Chalice 60 13.4%
Epic King’s Crown 33 7.4%
Legendary Genie Lamp 10 2.2%
Mythic Sacred Treasure 4 0.9%

3 Likes

hopefully the rare troop amount is an anomoly and not a future trend…

Oh its been this way the whole time. I thought we knew that.

1 Like

Yeah…↑↑↑ doesn’t violate a single community guideline. I suggest you read up on them before flagging posts. :grinning:

2 Likes

I haven’t played yet but I’m not looking forward to it from people’s responses so far :fearful:.