New Faction - The Labyrinth

A Banner Power Creep shortly after Warband-Exclusive Banners are introduced?
:thinking: :blush: :vulcan_salute:
#CoincidencesAreImprobable

You are thinking of Pridelands…4 units of Gold, 4 units of Glory, and 3 units of Souls.

2 Likes

Dang. Thanks for the correction

1 Like

Why can’t I battle the selected room???

1 Like

You need to clear the top left room to unlock the top middle room, top middle is a dead-end in the labyrinth. The good news is that top left unlocks top right too, so the rush path is shorter going along the top. [Edit:strikethrough on bobbins, need more coffee.]

I know but why can’t I access from behind?

No it isn’t. It has 3 entrances at 6, 9 and 12 o’clock. (I realize 6 and 9 o’clock goes nowhere) but the 12 o’clock entrance clearly connects to top-right room.

It’s a 4 room delve whether you go top or bottom. Bottom path is MUCH shorter, the only access to boss room is the bottom-middle room.

Not forgetting problems with Android :frowning:

1 Like

Try this: turn on mana counters for troops. That way you’ll be able to identify units by mana they are using… Just did lvl 140 pure run, but it was messy… especialy will all that troop jumbling arround

How disappointing! Even though you can walk from the top-middle room to the top-right room, they are not connected in the data’s topology.

3 Likes

it’s not… you always need to get to bottom middle room in order to access boss room
graphic in the background might be misleading :stuck_out_tongue:

given dungeon battles are like in picture below:

NW N NE
W M E
SW S SE

Possible movement paths are:
W-NW
W-SW
SW-S
NW-N
NW-NE
NE-E
E-SE
S-SE
S-M

Shortest path is:W-SW-S-M
Other way is generaly:
W-NW-NE-E-SE-S-M (skipping treasue room in N, E also is treasure room, but i’m not sure if it can be skipped or not)

4 Likes

You’re studying the graphic, and I’m inferring the route from what I saw being unlocked. The labyrinth image doesn’t match the underlying graph of rooms.

1 Like

It seems to match the graphic everywhere but these 2 rooms which is just stupid.

I was wrong too, the bottom path is MUCH shorter because as pointed out to me the only access to boss room is through bottom middle. Your “top” example won’t get you to the boss.

1 Like

And I was wrong again! There isn’t a “top route” (middle right does not unlock boss). My post got a hasty edit to remove that, but you were too alert. Thank you, Sytro, for your clear-headed analysis.

It wouldn’t have taken much effort to get the graph and image to match. But this is low on the list of recent disappointments.

1 Like

The new Cunning Banner from Warband: Goblin Gang gives +2 Red, +1 Green, -1 Brown.

FWIW

Fair enough.

… but not an excuse to suddenly be doing +2+2-1s. That is nonsense. Actually, that would be okay ish, its the singular such banner that is the issue.

It says Splash Damage in spell description (50% of main damage) But it gives description of Light Splash Damage on top right (25% of main damage). Maybe it deals Light splash. I didn’t check tho

6 Likes

Here’s what Sytro said, combined with my best Paint effort.

13 Likes

Has anyone seen Rhinotaur explode a column? When I used it, it only ever gave me a row to select (8ish casts, I’d estimate)

1 Like

I would be all for this if the graphic made it obvious there are two +2 colours. Maybe the two colors should be side by side instead of top and bottom. Basically, have it look the same as +1/+1 banners but with a -1 border.

1 Like

I’m not going to call this a bug, although it should be. And the picture previously posted above should also be considered a bug.
It’s just TERRIBLE design. It’s actually WORSE than Dark Pits. That took some doing.

3 Likes