New Faction - Mirrored Halls

Again, I am asking, why I hate myself so much :), but it’s done. I had Ice Coven as middle room. Wanted Winter wolf, but mine died before I could have done more copies. So I went with 2x Ice witch. It was slow, but doable. I was lucky with copying.

Tier VII x4 + hoard 100

I got Venoxia a couple times, which was nice to safely defuse all the Reflects. Arguably the most dangerous troop to grab in there is Ysabelle, since multiples of her stack amazingly well, but picking a fight with that Chessboard room is very hard.

Lol, I ended up beating final room of pure faction at lvl 500 with a single bullette and a single glass golem. Fun times.

I quit doing the 500 pure one, so I’m sitting at 2310 reputation. Releasing three troops that do nothing is pretty stupid, while the only one that does any damage is single target! Very dumb delve team.

1 Like

Pure faction runs live and die by what you get in that middle room. I can’t imagine finishing with anything from the Bulette room, or surviving long enough against Shadow-Hunter to reach the boss room. Naga Queen is amazing, and Fenrir is no less great. If you don’t get lucky with that epic room, you may as well spend the sigil and restart.

3 Likes

I had a Naga Queen work out somewhat but the issue is that it converts a color you really want into a color you literally can’t use … unless you get a red troop somewhere in that mix, which is what lol.

1 Like

Naga Queen is really good at keeping your troops alive long enough to beat the AI with skulls or your own Mirrored Queen (that is, absorb reflected damage plus shots from the AI’s Mirrored Queen). And while you are converting away from a color you can use, you’re also denying the AI yellow to feed its Copycats, Golems, and Mirrored Queens. :+1:

2 Likes

That’s entirely true, fair enough.

Actually no, it doesn’t make any difference for Guild Wars scoring whether Doppelganger transforming counts as death or not. Only damage dealt and damage taken matters, not the death counter.

I bought a fourth power potion and found the Naga Queen room with 2 Namia. It took me 1 hour to beat all three rooms, 45 minutes before reset. I had one sigil left, and used it for a regular team run, but after the 8th room was defeated, my internet connection was lost. I can’t imagine how angry I’d be had that occurred during the faction run. Naga Queen definitely helped break up the chains. Thank you for recommendation.