New Faction - Mirrored Halls

Also, missed opportunity:

2 Likes

Was surprised to see the ā€œsocial media setā€, Iā€™d be way to scared to have copyright challenges for selling such a emoji set for gems (which in turn can be bought with money). Nice to see the GoW staff has the confidence to do that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I wish the emoji packs were focused on our game and community. I donā€™t give a damn about the FaceBook emoji, but a cup of coffee emoji (Kafka) or a RNGesus emoji would have made better sense. These feel like a ā€œhail maryā€ pass. Did someone forget to do their job?

2 Likes

I enjoy collecting pets & I want to love how they all look, but I canā€™t get behind this one. It looks like heā€™s flashing me Lol! :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Sorry, but having doppelgangerā€™s spell count as a ā€œdeathā€ is stupid. I know I can simply do another run non-faction to get the final points, but to have a troop whose only spell is to copy a troop, and to have that troop considered a death goes against the spirit of the rules. 1 troop that only gives armor to itself and reflect (randomly). 1 troop that gives gems (randomly) and can summon a copy, provided you already lost a troop. Doppelganger described above and 1 troop that actually does damage. Thereā€™s no way to win at lvl 500 with a pure faction team AND get through it with no ā€œlossesā€.

6 Likes

Definitely goes against the spirit of the rules. However, you can still fulfill the maximum points by clearing 500 with a non-faction team and having no deaths. I generally operate under the assumption that the faction clear will only be getting the faction points as the non-faction clear with a safe team will be getting the points for the no deaths.

I mean, I actually operate under the assumption that 500 faction clears arenā€™t supposed to be possible and ignore anything trying to convince me to spend ludicrous amounts of everything on doing so, but yā€™know what I mean.

3 Likes

It could be on purpose to prevent folks from using Doppleganger during guild wars. Or at least penalize them for it.

2 Likes

ā€¦but, based on their past coding/QA history, we know it likely isnā€™t. :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue::vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Expect that since itā€™s replaced immediately, you donā€™t lose points unless you lose the copied troop. If you have 4 at the end of GW match, you donā€™t lose points, no matter what color it is.

You lose damage points from any death on your team. Even if you finish with 4.

Well, watching the AI use dopple on x2 speed, I did not see any dmg when it casts itā€™s spell. It just copied a troop with no minus anything. It may be that since it was damaged & copied a troop with higher stats, that there was no dmg incurred. Which means it can be used safely if the troop it is copying has higher stats than it has when it casts the spell.

1 Like

In addition: Doppleganger did not trigger Lustā€™s 3rd trait, nor did it increase the kill count in the battle stats screen.

:vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Nada with Gargantaur either: if anyone knows whether e.g. starting with a Nosferatu in a Delve and ending with Umberwolf results in a ā€˜no casualtiesā€™ run, the picture would be clearer.

As it stands (assuming the Doppleganger reports are accurate), the definition of ā€˜casualtiesā€™ would appear inaccurate :thinking::sweat_smile::vulcan_salute:

1 Like

You are a brave man to dopplegang Gargantaur :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

No casuaties means ending the delve with exactly 4 troops you start with. You can die, resummon, transform whaterver you want in between, as long as the 4 troops match, it counts as deathless win. It also means nosferatu transforming to umberwolf without transforming back doesnt count
Its logic is different from death count during battles

3 Likes

This is one of the most awful, slowest pure faction teams Iā€™ve ever played. at 310 pure faction took me nearly 15 minutes to finish the boss room. I wasnā€™t in any danger of losing, but it was horribly slow.

3 Likes

All I can say is thank God the summons get weaker every time. I wish the damn Harpyā€™s did the same.

3 Likes

They are supposed to. Itā€™s bugged if itā€™s not.

I believe the 5% summons are full strength, while if the Legendary summons a Harpy Mage she is weaker.

With this delve, and city of thieves, Iā€™ve confirmed in my mind: The devs do not test 500 faction delve internally. Each one of these fights lasted 15+ minutes because once you get down to the copycat, she just loops herself forever. You have to have a string of luck to miss the 99.9% chance to duplicate yourself.

2 Likes