New Faction - Lyrasza's Lair

That’s pure chaos…which makes perfect sense given the delve.

1 Like

Well for the sake of it I’ve just done standard delve at level 100 with horde 100 and I very nearly didn’t make it through. The middle rooms are as problematic as I expected and it’s tough to see any possible way to triumph with pure faction troops outside of the event, even with a ludicrous horde investment. Video games are meant to be fun and this most certainly is not. Now that we are very much under scrutiny regarding what is perceived to be constructive criticism, I am biting my lip and keeping schtum.

5 Likes

Haven’t started playing yet.
It’s surely going to be a chaos storm, I suppose.

And totally not surprised people come up with real reasons (just like Mai Valentines thingies [in abridged series]…) not to demonstrate pure faction on dev stream

1 Like

No treasure rooms? :sob:

Before I post my chaos portal pulls to help the community ensure the drop rates remain on the up-and-up, two things:

1–I felt like Baba Yaga was trolling me HARD when she told me not to be bitter if I don’t get what I think I deserve. I read it as the following not-so-subtle message from whoever wrote the questline: “Here’s a faction almost nobody likes on the forum for game balance reasons, but suck it up and take it anyway, Buttercup, because if you don’t you’re just an entitled, whiny brat.”

2–LOL at Baba Yaga saying Lyrasza is more powerful than King Mikhail. Yeah, okay—that holds up in battle :rofl:

I did like the “Bork Bork,” though. Didn’t like the troll parody of social-justice-warrior rhetoric. Dig the spike through his brain (but a little violent, no? Anyone else recall a more explicitly violent image from the game?)

8 Likes

To your first point, I read it exactly as you did! And I was wondering who else would take it as such. To me it was a not too thinly veiled slap right in our “entitled” faces! I suppose the devs can troll us as well. Turnabout is fair play after all :laughing:

6 Likes

Starting with 19,246 Chaos Shards…

Fun tip: go into troops and teams and set the kingdom to the new faction, then click Save Filter. It will help you quickly juggle back and forth to see how many more troops you need :wink:

I am getting Sacred Treasure left and right. I only have 4 copies of Lyrasza but I’ve gotten 3 Sacred Treasure. Oh, next batch of 10 got me 2x Lyrasza…

God these troops annoy me with their design. It’s so awful. Crazed Troll gets Frenzy, gaining 1 Attack when taking damage, but he’s a Generator, he’ll never use that Attack.

Dementicore should maybe be sitting in the front line because he has the 20% chance to dodge skull damage and is impervious… but Chaos Hound has Death Touch, inflicting death mark when doing Skull damage. So maybe you want Chaos Hound in front? But no, because you need Chaos Hound to summon more Chaos Hounds, so you need something in front that is replaceable…

After 3800 shards I got Lyrasza to Mythic:

I’ve always hated this part of opening chests. I have the Legendary ascended to Mythic with no extras. I have the Epic ascended to Mythic with a bunch of extras. The Ultra-Rare I need 21 more copies of. And the rare I need 46 more copies of.

So now I need to open a ton of more portals to get ultra-rare and rare troops, when I’ve already ascended the legendary and epic troops. How dumb is that, where you’re actually hoping to open portals and get the LEAST rare troops. “Gah! Not another legendary!” Happens every delve release.

Total cost: 7,280 chaos shards to get the rare and ultra-rare to Mythic with no extras.

Lyrasza’s Lair faction team: Win with best RNG ever, OR spend thousands of gems and several hours losing, OR don’t bother and delude yourself into thinking that the next event couldn’t be worse like you said to yourself the last 5 events

1 Like

7000 shards spent (1 Crazed Troll bought for gems)

Coin Purse — 31
Gold Ring — 69
Priest’s Chalice — 47
King’s Crown — 20
Genie’s Lamp — 7
Sacred Treasure — 6

Lyrasza — 9
(6) @ 5200 shards spent

Crazed Troll — 25
(16) @ 4400

Dementicore — 46
(41) @ 6200

Chaos Hound — 91
(91) @ 7000

EDIT: Now that I’m actually playing, I like the choice inherent in the delve-room layout. Haven’t bothered using the faction team yet, and plan to only play with it once, but the room design is good, at least :laughing:

2 Likes

100%. I’m not a huge fan of being lectured to :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Me neither! Too much ‘trying to be cool’, imo (actually also my opinion somewhat re: bork bork – and I’m a heavy doggo-lover). Kind of felt like it condoned being demeaning to other people.

Yes! And no :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

4 Likes

I like the loading screen, with what I thought were Dragons but realize now are Dementicore. And the lightning.

I’m not a fan of the map. I’m not sure if it’s the purple crystals, the lack of a clear path, or my eyes in general; I did 11 rooms and took a break. Four hours later I do 16 more. I’ll probably not even use all the free sigils.

Not bitter tho. Moving on.

EDIT: 26 min later…moving on, moving on? Could that be the cause? Ex was a big Annie Lennox fan. Acoustic versions. G’ah, get outta my head, witch! I’m trying to catch up on Invasions. For the Horde.

Second Edit: I did a daily in Werewoods, and then one in Lyrasza’s. I think because the event uses a more condensed map, the purple borders effect me more. No more "I love you"s.

17k more gold and I’ll have 10/10 quality. It took about 8k shards to get enough Rare Troops. I picked up several ST and Lamps. No complaints there. I’m back up to 5/14, after using most of my reserves earlier in the week.

Final Troop numbers came in 3s: 3 Hounds, 13 Trolls, 13 Dementicores, and 3 Lyraszas.

Almost. There are two “groups” of rooms, have to do one of each group. Just tried doing R and UR only from first group, no unlock. But yeah lots of options

1 Like

Maybe too soon, but has anybody tried using Lyrasza outside of the delve? Troops with permastorms tend to be useful (Umberwolf is used despite having a spell you can almost never cast).

Though I doubt we’ll see the exact numbers on Madness Storm, I’m curious if it’s good enough to be reliable on teams that rely on blue/purple mana.

1 Like

The storms is extremely overrated by many as CPU can take adventage of them too and ruin your fun. No clue why she has a such poor spell. Her 3rd trait is nothing special.

2 Likes

Recorded what I got from my Portals this time because everyone else is.

7800 spent to get all troops to Mythic:

Troop Rarity Total
Rare 91
Ultra-Rare 34
Epic 32
Legendary 9
Treasure Troops Total
Coin Purse 32
Gold Ring 97
Priest Chalice 50
King’s Crown 29
Genie’s Lamp 13
Sacred Treasure 4

I expect I’ll be spending a bit more so I can raise my Hoard level without spending as much gold.

2 Likes

For the monocolor storms at least, I generally benefit from them more than the opponent does. I don’t find them overrated.

I’m thinking you’d need to run Lyrasza with a reliable exploder to find out if her storm is on par with the moncolor storms.

Rather cut her out and use a Leprechaun or TPK instead. Win!

1 Like

Lyra’s storm may eventually have a use, but right now the color support isn’t there. (two color converter that uses blue and purple)

Some of the only other interactions are Sylvasi, Deck Hand, and Werewolf. So, the one Werewolf fan a few weeks back may have a new toy to consider.

3 Likes

I’m thinking the Madness Storm, if it does a good job of increasing both blue and purple drop rates, could be more effective at filling troops that take both colors than a monocolor storm. Troops like The Gray King, Zuul’Goth, and Azura might see a significant speed boost (or uptick in mana generation, in Azura’s case) when teamed up with Lyrasza.

It could also speed up teams where partial color blocking slows down mana gain.

The madness storm to me doesn’t appear to be 2 full storms more like half of each but I could be wrong. Just seems like less blues on the board compared to a pure blue storm running.

3 Likes