New Faction - Fire Rift

Hoard 199 + 50%, fourth try.
For the first three I had Scorpion/Spirit/2x Dragon - didn’t even kill one of their troops in two attempts; today switched to Scorpion/Naga/Dragon/Spirit and beat it on the first try with all troops alive at the end. I always took the upper route, except for one time when it had Bat Swarm/Crimson Bat room, then I chose going through Bone Dragon room in the middle and that’s where that run ended and didn’t get to boss room.

A guildmate of mine, however, says he beat potionless on Saturday after running out of potion sigils (third attempt; 1st room - Bone Dragon room - boss room) with Naga/Spirit/2x Dragon on hoard 133+50%.
I haven’t got a reason not to believe his words, but that must’ve been some awesome luck or I simply don’t know how to play properly (quoting - Ran out of sigils. Did it potionless. Takes longer, but not hard. lol)

2 Likes

I have no doubt this could be done at Hoard 199 without potions. As long as you kill the enemies in order of Magma Dragon (all enemies damage), then Wrath Naga (splash damage), Lava Scorpion (single target damage), and then Fire Spirit. Incidentally, this is also their rarity! If Magma Dragon gets a cast off, you’re probably close to dead. If Wrath Naga gets a cast off, you’re in trouble, but maybe not dead. If Lava Scorpion casts, it only matters what target it hits (if it hits your Lava Scorpion, you could start dying to skull damage – if it hits your Fire Spirit, you might be okay).

The good thing is that unlike two of the other hardest rifts – Warrens and Fang Moor – you don’t have to go through 4+ rooms to get to the boss room – just two!

2 Likes