New Faction - Fell Roost

Highest attack goes to … yeah that makes sense …

Worth noting Drake has Deep Strength giving +7 attack in delves, but still.

10 Likes

that’s a demon egg with horns,
those are very sharp horns, probably more sharp than undead drake teeth :wink:

I guess having the highest base attack makes it the eggscutioner.

6 Likes

Dragon egg has one of the lowest attacks in the game…:thinking:

I wished I had kept track because I’ve had some of the worst luck with this faction.

I had to spend 10400 shards to mythic all troops, and the troop that was causing issues was the Legendary. In the end I ended up with:

Undead Drake = Mythic + 43 copies
Fell Dragon Egg = Mythic + 34 copies
Fell Dragon = Mythic + 28 copies
Nocturnia = Mythic

1 Like

The map after the first path room is defeated (where you get to decided one of three paths):

Interestingly… the map makes it look like you can only go to the right, or up and to the right, but not straight up, because it’s not an open path, and yet you can head straight up.

However, if you take the path to the right, the boss room is opened, but you can’t go up:

Now, this makes sense in terms of gameplay, because in order to get to that top right room, or the second room in the middle row, they want you to take those paths starting on the left.

However… from an art perspective, it’s really wonky, because in both cases, it looks like you can’t go up, they don’t connect. Here, let me fix it for you Devs…

See the difference? Now it’s perfectly clear that you can go North, Northeast, or East, but you can’t go East and then North or Northwest.

7 Likes

Capture

4 Likes

Completed 500 with 4xNocturnia. Easy - a tad slow though. 2 wound up dead, but had 2 other dragons summoned in that place.

The final room is the evil stepchild child of Mirrored Halls & Stonesong - quite a few summons from the AI, but they got weaker, so it wasn’t annoying like Stonesong.

4 Likes

Congrats, care to share tiers bought from the shop and your Horde level.

1 Like

T7x7 100 hoard 15 kingdom…my usual

2 Likes

Thanks. 10 char :v

All I care about:

Where’s this sit with the farming delves? Do I peck at this one and level it for rewards this weekend or ignore it?

Also: Is there one place where information about each faction’s farming potential is kept? It’d be nice if it were in one place and updated.

1 Like

@Slypenslyde

Timeknight has a table with expected multipliers and chest levels, which should help. Not sure where it is, or when it was last updated, but I don’t think it was too many Factions ago.

Intuitively speaking, it seems like Fell Roost has:

• Multipliers: Above average/high

• Chest Levels: Decent

• Team Selection (Purple/Yellow): Okay, not perfect

• Leprechaun (:white_check_mark:), no Rowanne (:x:) , Gaard’s Avatar (:white_check_mark:) (Mythic :-1:) (+SQH for 50%), Sunbird (+FG) (:white_check_mark:) (not sure if it’s reliably enough damage the whole way through, might require an extra cast/higher Hoards levels)
  • Gimmicks: ‘On Death’ summons, which can sometimes be annoying

• Path Selection: Okay, but not CoT/HoG

• ‘Treasure’ Rooms: 1-2, so not spectacular

Overall, good for Delve Chest rewards (Chaos Shards, etc.), but with other factors in mind, I’d still go CoT or Mirrored Halls (no Lep :slightly_frowning_face:, but great room rarity/multipliers etc., 4 treasure rooms) or SN (roughly in that order). Wild Court’s okay, but doesn’t have good path selection for its treasure rooms, which grates and I think adds up.

5 Likes

Delve farming is not something I do. Monthly 3 day event to max and 1 day events for rewards is all I can stomach. As far as the rest of the month goes, delves don’t exist. That’s how much I despise this mode.

1 Like

Daily Delve is a good move if, during the week, you don’t have an awful lot of time to play but have a seals goal to meet, then you do long sessions on the weekend. A handful of Delve matches comes with a nice seal bonus!

On the other hand if you’re going to grind for an hour or more yeah, it’s better to stick to the thing you like to do.

Level 500 full faction delve, killed the last enemy, phew!
Which then spawned an empowered fell dragon egg that spawned another troop. I won, but killed FIFTEEN TROOPS. Not fun, not fun.

3 Likes

Great breakdown Jonathan. Timeknight’s table was last updated for Wild Court, but they explained how to update the table, which I’d be happy to work with someone to do.

I think it’s going to be really hard to top CoT and Mirrored Halls for farming purposes - it would take some killer boss room loot, on top of a very open+rewarding set of rooms.

3 Likes

I can help =)

1 Like

Here is Timeknight’s last post.

And here is the thread with a link to the spreadsheet they used to calculate the scores.

Using it is pretty straightforward, if have a handy reference to the rooms for each faction’s delve (that info is annoyingly difficult to find). Just plug in the tallies for each type of room (common-legendary, plus a separate tally for guaranteed treasure rooms) and it spits out the expected multiplier and chest upgrade chance.

The main weakness this tool has is that it doesn’t factor in possible treasure rooms - only guaranteed ones. Do we even know the probability that these rooms can become treasure rooms? This factor would make the calculation a lot more complex, but even a simplified factor would improve accuracy a lot I think.

Sorry. Im a little busy nowadays, but i think i have something interesting for you. I’ll help you more in the future :call_me_hand:.

+Rooms+ is the spreadsheet that you are looking for

1 Like