New Faction - Dark Pits

7000 shards used…almost perfect distribution!

1 Like

So…

This faction is also quite bad for higher delve levels, but the difference between this and Fang Moor is that this one isn’t quite obvious from the get go.

The biggest issue is Sledgepaw.

At 25% skull reduction, its not really going to save you from skull hits. That’s an issue that stands out. The real problem is that its the only troop of the bunch that doesn’t inflict Curse when dealing Skull damage which Curse + Deathmark the 1st enemy is most likely the main strategy to “win” on the higher levels.

Sledgepaw can function without being in the 1st slot, but is also the only one with Skull damage reduction. A frustrating conundrum.

Between Sledgepaw and Plague Rat, there’s enough “random” going on to get your troop hit from a skull hit, which at a higher delve level, this team has no real chance of surviving.

Hex Rat is strong early on, since you can easily wait to cast it until the enemy 1st slot is Cursed to deal double damage and death mark them. Its damage output will stop being effective in later boss rooms. The fatal flaw of the team is there no real way to Curse anything but the first enemy slot unless you’re extremely lucky with Rattigar.

Rattigar is quite strong if the enemy team only has 1 troop left since “random Enemy” is just like TINA/Ship Cannon. I don’t know if that situation is going to happen enough to warrant running it.

Being able to only Death Mark one at a time and then start waiting for Death Mark to happen makes this faction battle obnoxious at higher levels. I just don’t think you’ll have enough time to wait for the strategy to work. I’d say this about the same amount of PTSD as Sea of Sorrow would cause.

PS. There’s also no WildFolk or Mist of Scales pet to bump up any stats.

7 Likes

:de:
Many translation errors for this faction in German.

Please have a look at:

It’s the shortest delve yet, though, so there’s that positive even if the pure faction team run is hard to win! :smiley:

You may want to check out All Seeing Eye and Hall of Guardians prior to praising this Rat infested place too much. :wink:

1 Like

Final weapon affix is missing text on Xbox.

1 Like

6800 chaos shards for me, damn ultra messing with me again. At least I didn’t ruin my hoard leveling.

I forgot there was that second room :rofl:

I stayed up until midnight to play as soon as the faction dropped (delving is my favorite!), and I must not have been fully awake :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Since everybody is talking about Delves, now seems a good chance for me to ask questions.

OK, “delve level” determines how difficult/buffed the monsters are.
“Horde level” is a boost to your troop stats.
“Quality level” is a boost to what you get at the end
“Chest level” is what you get, and seems to be semi-random, boosted by Quality
“Faction renown” gives you one time ingots / pets
“Total renown” gives daily ingots / stats

So far so good?

Does “delve level” impact the contents of the chest at all? I guess no, which is why I hear people talk about leaving a faction at 20 for easy farm.
Does “Quality level” have any impact on the number of shards you get?
I hear people talk about taking “Horde level” to 100, but the interface seems to go beyond that. Is there a reason to stop at 100?
Are the stats from “total renown” for all fights, or only in delves?
Is there any point to ascending/traiting the treasures used to build up “horde level”??
Would it kill you to get a thesaurus so everything isn’t “xyz level”?

1 Like

First half is correct.

Second half, in order -
No, and for that reason yeah.
Yes; shards are boosted same as every other prize in the pool, so higher quality = higher chests = higher shards (but because the prizes are random, there’s no guarantee).
The reason to stop at 100 is that you don’t get any additional renown for doing it, and the stats don’t measure up at all in higher levels… oh and it gets quite pricey too.
Only delves. Oops. Everywhere, my mistake.
No. They should not be troops. I hate that they’ve got them down as troops.
And they really should have made it clearer, I agree.

2 Likes

yes, it does, but at low lvl you got np clearing all rooms and get a higher multiplier, that’s why ppls stay at 20, however, if you clear all room at 20 and at 500 the 500 prizes are higher.

yes, higher lvl chest, better drops.

Nope, ppls do cuz renown you get from hoard stop at 100 and cost a lot of gold lvl hoards past 100.

All fights.

Nope.

Didnt got last question lol.

1 Like

He asked about total renown stats not hoard stats (the superop armor and life, +2 each at best) those work everywhere.

Oh that total renown, you’re correct. I’ll amend my post.

Wasn’t entirely wrong though - they’ve gotta make things clearer than this.

1 Like

I think they’ve been clear enough about, at least, stat bonuses - just look at the screenshot you posted on Delve Strategies thread. It says right there that “Skill bonuses are global.”

I mean how everything is using the same words everywhere. As Rasper was saying, particularly how “level” is overused.

1 Like

It’s a nightmare trying to explain strategy to my guild members in the guild chat for this reason. Too many similarities to make it understandable to newbies who are confused to begin with!

To (I think) clarify some of the answers on this part, only insofar as your Quality level increases the level of your final Delve Chest once you beat the Boss room. Quality level 10 increases your final Delve Chest by an extra 3 (+4 total). A higher Delve Chest means a greater number of random loot drops (1 per level), which are then multiplied by your Room Multiplier.

Here’s an explanation of Delve Chest drops from Mithran (somewhat long-ish):

and a neat little table of drop values from Ashesekayi:

Hope that helps :slightly_smiling_face: :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

This is completely false.

10 Likes

Love the weapon. Now i can make sure that Irongut can eat anything.

The devs really missed an opportunity with faction teams. They should be such an awesome super team that people should want to use them instead of making their own much better team (even with restricted colors) for the climb to lv 500.

Even if all 3 traits were “…when attacking delves” so as not to be OP in the rest of the game.

I guess their approach was to make delves super frustrating and difficult to force people to spend more gems. A better approach would have been to make them super fun, oh well… :roll_eyes:

8 Likes