New Faction - Amanithrax

Not trivial for this dev crew. They even have logs of what you got in each delve room, so it’d be trivial to give you accurate compensation. But that’s a lot of work. I’m surprised we got compensation based on how many delves we did.

It requires parsing a lot of data. The “trivial” approach is to look how many points you would have scored for your clears on the shortest path, then attribute the remaining points to full clears, from level 20 onward. It’s just a simple formula that doesn’t need any extra data except some constants, and it reflects reality close enough.

Given how many inactive accounts there are in the game, the average amount of clears using integer based rounding is likely zero. Sure, sending out a single gold coin would then also have been “generous”, I imagine it might have been even more difficult to sell though.

This may sound naive.
But if the QA that works for 505 failed to do their job to prevent such an obvious bug from being pushed out.
Then 505 shouldn’t get any say in the compensation to the players Steve’d over by the bug.
But yeah, the one size fits all approach doesn’t work… And neither does compensation when the receiving end still feels short changed.
It appears that’s my beef with 505 though not IP2 so I’m just wasting time speaking to it here.

Not necessarily. It is within the realm of possibility that IP2 can take these sentiments to 505 and use that for future arguments about handouts/compensation. As far as I know, there isn’t a 505 forums. So placing these comments here is essentially lodging an opinion to be remembered as needed.

3 Likes

Alright
We’ve beaten them down enough
Save it for the next one
Gotta pace ourselves or we won’t be able to keep up with them Lol

I tried contacting 505 once about a GoW issue that I thought 505 was partially responsible for. Their response was that they couldn’t help, and they don’t have a channel for messages like that. They said to post in the GoW Discord or official forum.

I guess you’re right. I might be being sensitive since my latest troll job. Most of my posts on the forums are actually publisher bashing, but it’s easy to assume that it’s targeted at the devs. Only because I don’t and can’t know what choices are made by IP2 and what are made by 505. What I do know is IP2 is 100% responsible for why I first fell in love with the game October 2016. And that, assumptively, 505 is the cause of everything I hate about the game.

2 Likes

Do you have that message saved? I don’t question the integrity of your statement but instead the knowledge of the person who replied to you. GoW doesn’t have an official discord, it’s a fan run server that some of the devs make themselves available on.

1 Like