[FIXED] New Doom Weapon locks screen on cast

Platform, device version and operating
system:

iOS latest software iPhone 8

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Spell cast to work then I can carry on playing. Spell cast locked the game instead.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Tried this on ToD and did not use weapon again.

Steps to make it happen again
Cast new doomed weapon.

6 Likes

Possibly related:

On the xbox the game doesn’t crash but instead of green gems, empty squares are been generated. The square can be moved an matched with green gems but don’t convert when a troop like Scurvy Seadog casts.

1 Like

You know, it’s bugs like this that truly dishearten me. Seriously? Did no know bother to test this?

4 Likes

Tons of posts popping up and confirming that it just happened to me as well on Android.

Interesting things:

• When casting Leprechaun, it correctly explodes the blank spaces as if they were green.
  • When casting Maraji, it correctly converts to doomskulls but the blanks remain blank (i.e. invisible doomskulls).

I assume this means that any green to something converter will also experience the gem turning into another color but remaining blank.

To add an extra bug on top, apparently the game is locking up because there are no more moves possible. Didn’t the 5.6 patch notes claim to have addressed exactly this situation? Has the handling somehow gotten lost again with the 5.7 update?

4 Likes

And here it is, the weekly bug! Why am I not surprised?!

3 Likes

Curiously, the weapon actually works fine on beta, so it looks like something simply got missed while being ported to the live server…

Hey all!

I shared this in one of the other threads that has popped up about this issue, I’m currently working on reproducing. So far I have had the blank squares appear, but they are quickly resolved in the next round and disappear.

But will share this with the team & keep testing!

Also will note, this is occurring when you used a Doomed Wand and not limited to using it within the Tower of Doom. I tested in an Explore run with my TOD team to check.

Once I have some more information, I’ll share!

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

1 Like

Hey again,

Update; this fix for this has just gone out.

Will keep an eye out for any continued reports on this!

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

2 Likes