New Campaign Begins: Ancient Sarcophagus

Well, whoever set up the rewards probably thought that Coin Purse provides a really huge amount of gold, you’d need to actually play the game to learn that feeding it to your hoard often translates to shooting yourself into your own foot. I’m having some hopes that forge scrolls will somehow be part of the pending forge upgrade (and not yet another item on the Pile of Shame).

I’m impressed by 1125 common ingots in Elite Pass. Did the designer who put them is aware that we have only 8 common weapons and need only 120 common ingots to max upgrade them all? I’m not even touching the subject that they incredibly easy to get and even complete newbies don’t need them.

Also, I bought Elite+ Pass last campaign. I will buy only Elite Pass for this campaign - Elite+ rewards are completely non-existent and if devs want me to buy it they should change them.

8 Likes

My wild guess is that when we run out of delves and get a new map with a new game mode, said mode will award writs and deeds at a much higher rate. As you’ve pointed out, the current rate of acquisition is impossibly low given the goals the game has outlined.

My expectations were low and I was still disappointed.

My wife asked me last night if we were going to be getting the pass this time. I told her if I see gold keys and a regular vault key as rewards after the Mythic, then we weren’t. So I’m saving $50 this time.

They said no 8 orb Mythic this time, but you can see all those parts in there for an overpriced Weapon?

2 Likes

It might be a 1 million soul thing…

I actually don’t know if I want to spend 1 million souls at this point…

1 Like

I’m actually quite happy they don’t paywall even more exclusive stuff behind the Elite+ pass. However, they should really throw some extra non-exclusive stuff in there. An Epic Vault key wouldn’t hurt. A few VIP keys wouldn’t hurt. Heck, even a minor ascension orb wouldn’t really hurt. Sure, there’s some fantastic price tag associated with those in the minds of at least one sales person. However, you can buy the Elite+ pass only once and need to work 10 weeks on actually receiving the rewards, the current return in value is just plain awful.

2 Likes

I just can’t understand why anyone is buying anything when the ever increasing prevalence of bugs and a complete ambivalence to repair or fix anything continues to be the mentality of this company. Rewarding appalling customer experience by investing further is mind boggling. But so many of you just don’t seem to care because you are too dazzled by shiny new things, which will probably also prove to be buggy. It’s insane.

4 Likes

Did they actually say “very, very rarely”? On the stream I watched, Salty only said that not “every” campaign would come with a boss version.

I’m just asking because I’m still on the fence about crafting Enraged Kurandara. If new boss troops are going to be rare, and occur once every year or few years, I have no problem crafting this one now. If there’s a chance we could see multiples every year, I’d rather save my orbs and wait for one really work crafting.

1 Like

I’m quite sure I saw it somewhere here on the forum, I seem to have filed it mentally as “probably at most once a year”. However, even after some searching I can’t locate any post from Salty of Kafka mentioning this. I sure hope that wasn’t just some happy daydreaming… :thinking:

And we can’t understand why you are still playing the game. I pity your guildmates, since they have to put up with you weekly.

As for the topic at hand. The campaign is always going to be worth it at the lowest price. A mythic and now book of deeds for 10 bucks is super cheap. Getting exclusive pet, items to be able to craft dustbringer (cause that is obviously what it’s for and not a new enraged mythic) are easily worth that price.

I’m F2P, and feel this is a much better value this time around with the book of deeds, especially since they are magic. I’ll always recommend this to our network players who do spend, or are looking to spend.

Don’t listen to ridiculous and disgruntled negative nancies on here. If you want to spend, go for the $10 offer, but I wouldn’t spend anymore. This isn’t P2W. P2W implies you can never get the things they will offer in the elite pass or that those items shift the meta(which is hasn’t and won’t). Clearly no one plays other P2W, seriously you guys are insane if you think this is predatory dev behavior. Could it be better? Sure, but it’s all optional content and you can ignore it without losing ground on your progress.

2 Likes

700 increased Magic to +4
800 increased Magic to +6

Attack was +6, but I don’t recall the other 2.

A ‘friend’ claims, and I am inclined to believe him, that a Dokkalfar with a pre-existing Death Mark was hit by another, and died from the first when his turn began. Grave Golem can be used to test, I suppose.

From the streaming thread…

This is our Gems of Streaming thread. Within, we announce what we are planning to stream, and when. Our current schedule looks like this!

6th October 6 30 PM PDT: 5.2 preview stream.

Might be worth watching for a possible answer to your question.

A new campaign starting and a patch preview stream stream on the same day? Mighty coincidental timing, if one thinks about it… :thinking:

EDIT: I think Salty has her scheduled dates off by a day. Time zones, and all that. The patch preview stream is in ~12 hours from this post.

3 Likes

I think the campaign pass is a fun way for me to spend $10 on a game I play a lot and support the game. That said, I stopped buying the $20 Ring of Wonder, so it’s actually a net loss for them from my previous spending ($10 every 11 weeks is approximately $50 a year, whereas Ring of Wonder is $260 a year).

2 Likes

Oooh, I had no idea 5.2 was so close. Interesting.

1 Like

I’m going to speak on two things real quick, because I keep track of this stuff… for some reason.

5.2 was entirely expected (to me at least) as they have consistently updated within the third week of October. Last year, they had a hotfix in Nov but the next major patch after that was in December.

Campaign 1 Artifact Skill Ups (July 20 - Sep 27)
Level 1 - +5 Life
Level 2 - +5 Life
Level 3 - +2 Magic
Level 4 - +3 Attack
Level 5 - +5 Shield
Level 6 - +5 Life
Level 7 - +2 Magic
Level 8 - +2 Magic
Level 9 - +3 Attack
Level 10 - +5 Life
TOTALS: +20 Life; +6 Attack; +5 Shield; +6 Magic

3 Likes

And punishing those who choose not to buy continues. More resource tasks and duskbringer parts that will take a year to rotate through.

1 Like

We can craft DB and Xathenos parts at any time tho, right?

If I’ve ALREADY completed my three daily dungeons, can you just give me the credit for it? How hard is it for the game to see “Hrm… complete 6 dungeons… well, he’s already done 3 today, we better wait till he does 3 tomorrow so he can PROVE he did them!” Very frustrating.

3 Likes

Where. Are. Our. Doomed. Scrolls.

4 Likes

Yes, but that’s not how they are doing this one. You have to wait till the kingdoms come around in soul forge to get the pieces. And it’s three different kingdoms.

1 Like