New 4.7 achievement is bad-design

This Trophy/Achievement is ludicrous, it just screwed up my 100% in all the games a own, just decided to stop playing this game and hope other player do the same, I regret ever spending money on this game to help developer. I don’t wanna know if the guy from rooster teeth got 100% in this game and this is a kind troll, (Try this , Geoff). this is a complete disrespect with the game fan-base trophy hunters.

3 Likes

Fair point, but they put this in the game specifically to annoy people. In an update which people were already upset about. Tied to a grindy feature with no challenge and a bad interface.

Collecting achievements in games (read: playing games) is a hobby, and people are allowed to be annoyed when their hobbies are messed with.

10 Likes

25 would have been a better number I think they want this to take awhile for whatever reason.

1 Like

the problem is I don’t see them stopping at 100…

2 Likes

To make a months/years long achievement just to troll a single person is incredibly petty & small-minded. These are the people in charge of developing the game. And yet, they still say they have the players interests at heart. Yeah, right.

7 Likes

I am okay with it, but I don’t have any desire to reach 100% achievement in the games I own. I appreciate the heck out of using achievements to beef with other developers; yeah, it’s petty, but so is reality TV and people watch that to excess.

Did people have a similar issue when Zuul’Goth came out? The time to completion was roughly similar—12+ months, unless you placed highly on leaderboards.

yup, and some still don’t have Zuul’Goth. only thing that didn’t cause a topic like this one is that there wasn’t an achievement tied to it.

2 Likes

Shows how much I pay attention to the achievement list. That is a pertinent difference!

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been a daily player 3+ years. After reading this achievement, I’m uninstalling the game.

There is absolutely no reason for this achievement unless you are literally trying to thin out your player base. I’m disappointed as to the stupidity of this. This isn’t fun, this is a full-time job, which is daunting to those of us that actually have a full-time job.

I’d say reconsider, but we all know that won’t happen. I’ll just be sure to avoid anything that comes out of this studio from here on out.

6 Likes

This is why I’m glad I’m on iOS and didn’t log in to Game Center after I noticed it was related to the crash-on-startup bug that’s been present for a year. No cheevos means I don’t even worry about new, frustrating ones.

“No, don’t leave. Wait until we’ve negotiated.” ~

I’m an achievement wh-hunter by nature. I wanted to be amongst the 1st to Exalted, and then found out later that many others had gotten there faster. And for a lot less gold. And then potioons came out, and everyone and their Alt can get it.

This one, I guess I can sit at 70/71 for a while. I have a 3 month Live Gold card I’ve been sitting on since April. I think it’s time to see what is new in the world…of tanks. BF V. EsO (a game where I can be an Orc? Wow, count me in).

See y’all in Feb, and any GW in between. Loot and pillage. For the Horde

3 Likes

I see nothing wrong with it.

Upgrading your troops like this is meant to be a long term goal, hence an achievement tied with it for a long term goal.

If this is what makes you upset, then dear god you should get off of the internet.

2 Likes

Think this is the end for me. I’m a Ps4 player not a hardcore trophy hunter but keep my eye on them and loved to 100% this game over the years. However the grind is too much.

I work I have a family I have an hour or two max a night when i’m lucky. Do I waste time on this game or play elsewhere?.

If requirement changes I’ll be back but not enough for me to stick with it. Long term goal is ok but has to be achievable… Can’t grind souls,medals,seals for a guild, events, etc if not the time.

If this was designed to troll a single player as I’ve read then sorry devs… not funny.

You made a great casual game. It’s brilliant but you are demanding too much from casual players.

Galdor Ps4

4 Likes

You don’t see anything wrong with it because you’re either not interested in achievements or you’re a very patient individual that don’t mind farming for a very long time and that’s perfectly okay.

For people like myself who likes completion (in multiple games, not only in GoW), having a game that constantly add new achievements is a big pain in the bottom but we can live with it as long as those achievements are reasonable.

It’s clearly not the case here so, based on the history of perfectly reasonable achievements that the devs have provided us in the past, it seems legitimate to ask them to reconsider.

If you can’t understand us, it’s okay but don’t kick us out of Internet because you can’t empathize with us please :slight_smile: :wink:

3 Likes

Lets go really patient:
Steam_2019-12-13_08-26-59
Also:
Steam_2019-12-13_08-26-21

I usually complete all new 1s within a week or so of being added, and a few, like the double vaults, have forced me to play certain modes for days on end constantly to get them, so having 1 that I dont have grandfathered in, and will require me to play more again is a good thing, it also shows that the game aims to be around for years to come, which will add others to get as well.

1 Like

I understand that not everyone is fond of this achievement. The reality is that we added it to the game to be a long term goal to work towards, and as a playful exchange with Geoff Ramsay, of Rooster Teeth.

Achievements don’t affect the core loop of our game, and each update we get both complaints and thanks for adding new achievements. This was not intended as a slight to any players, and I’m sorry if you feel that way.

8 Likes

So the OP is half right, poor reasoning for an achievement.

6 Likes

To be honest, you screwed a lot of achievement hunters / completionist in your quest to troll Geoff. It was intended… you said

Then in the second paragraph you said

If Geoff doesn’t play the game, why the achievement?

3 Likes

He does play, though I wonder if he will anymore.

1 Like

This is funny but I dont care. Pvp gold nerf means explore is worthwhile gold wise. But I will never grind explore; it’s rubbish for class boosting and thus unattractive personally. Medal hunters are now boosted by the trophy attached but this will possibly reduce guild event involvement by skinflint gold and gem hoarders that have a very selfish agenda.