Need Skadi Help & Some General Gameplay Questions

I’ve definitely run Mab and Kraken together before, but not with Yasmine’s Chosen.

1 Like

You’ll find the extra mana from enchant and the volume of green mana you generate fills them most matches.

Play style is full Yasmine’s then self loop her.

Plague is nice for his trait and impervious.

It is my purple GW team too :wink:

1 Like

I think everyone and their mom has run Mab and Kraken before!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Though I do see that Meta more rarely these days - seems the devour nerf on Kraken did the trick. Now it’s all Psion and Spirit Fox and that Anariel/Plague combo.

That sounds actually really good then! :smiley: I don’t even have fully colored teams yet… On purple days I use Giant Spider, Kraken, Kraken, Mab and on all other days my usual PVP team has to do the trick. I just don’t have enough troops traited. Or more like… not enough troops with synergy.

Yeah… the idea of the team is that

Forest Troll (Green Seer can be used too, but FT is safer with tangle, life regeneration, and damage reduction) floods the table with greens.

Loyalty also creates green and a 2nd color needed to fill FT or Green Seer. The biggest bonus is that you gain extra life boosted by the number of entanged enemeis, which is the entire enemy team when Yasmine’s Chosen has her way.

Once Yasmine’s Chosen is full and FT/GS or Loyalty has flooded the board with green, YC can loop the table for multiple turns.

Queen Aurora is the backup plan incase there’s only about 10-11 Greens on the table and provides a life bonus and barrier to FT/GS, Loyalty, and YC. Also, Rainbow Link is handy for refilling YC.

Between Loyalty and Queen Aurora, you’ll end matches with about 200 life or more for YC and FT/GS. Loyalty/Queen Aurora may vary depending on how much you cast them.

For the record, it can safely beat Warlord 4 teams in Casual pvp.

You can try the team without the Rainbow Link on QA for now, probably still works. Banner is 2 Green.

1 Like

Wow, that’s an awesome team then! I will definitely try that out! …Means a lot of farming, though. I have neither Loyalty nor Aurora traited at all and the monocolor Arcanes are usually the worst of them all. Might as well start farming now, I’ve been all over the place lately, not really knowing what to focus first on. It was going to be Draakulis, but I like Aurora more anyway, so I could get started on her.

You don’t really need Loyalty traited either, but when you do it gives an extra 3 armor and 3 life per cast.

Basically, it overruns the opponent and gains way too much life/armor as insult to injury.

Big weakness to the team is devour (because of the stats). Freeze is also a nuisance, but depending on the team, you can kinda play through it.

Oh, and Loyalty can backfire sometimes. QA is more reliable between Loyalty and QA.

The fun part is sometimes you’ll have more HP than Famine if it casts. Also barrier is nice too.

1 Like

Devour sucks a lot (and yeah, that happened to my old Yasmine’s Chosen team a lot…). And Frozen is currently basically invisible to me thanks to the new effects so that I don’t even see when I’m frozen, but heck… might as well just give it a try without traits.

I honestly rarely get one-shotted by Famine in any team. I don’t get why people have such problems with him besides the drain. I guess I’m odd…

EDIT: I actually had enough traitstones to trait Aurora fully, but not Loyalty. Then just went against a Gorgotha/Famine/Dawnbringer/Infernus team in PVP and got obliterated. That looping just isn’t working well for me… random gem creation always hates me at all times.

It does. A huge amount of your income (both glory and gems) comes from tributes, and the divide will get even wider as we progress into nine star kingdoms. I’m personally at a desk all day and I just tab and check, but not everyone has this luxury.

Thats not a bad start. I’d probably stick to “good” exclusives for the time being. Out of the older “good” mythics you are missing, I’d say theres Gard (who I think is generally overrated, but hes still a really solid troop to terminate a loop with), Infernus (who is extremely versatile and I think is generally underrated, but people have been coming around), Famine (who is nice but extremely defensively oriented), and Euryali (an oft overlooked but extremely powerful true damage AoE that is also one of very few not-devourable summoners). I’m just not sure it would be worth risking pulling a dupe of what you have to hazard getting one of these with a random key, since you already have over a third of the mythics.

The Yasmine’s Chosen team I tend to gravitate toward is Valk/Giant Spider/YC/Queen Mab. Bad vs freeze (and now submerge), pretty good otherwise, even vs mana drain if you are careful during the first few moves - you can choose which colors you want to flood the board with depending on your starting board, and even have opportunities to turn over the entire board. Basically, eliminate colors you don’t need, which increases the balance of green by proxy, which is generally enough to get your extra turn with YC and if not you have a lot of frozen enemies anyway and have further increased the number of greens, increasing your chances next cast. Another variant is Gorgotha/Apothecary/YC/Queen Mab, which can power through freeze, but it slower otherwise. I hate being stalled, and not having a good way to get mana back on your generator after your gem spammer misses (and it will miss) and overwrites all of potential matches for the colors your generator needs holds me back from using one-way mana configurations (eg., green seer > YC).

1 Like

I couldn’t do that even if I had the time; my computer has trouble handling the game in addition to something else.

I heard a lot of good things about Euryali, but find Gard to be very, very weak most of the time when I face him in PVP. Euryali is rarely seen. But yeah, Infernus is a pain. I hate fighting him.
I think I will save up everything for Voice of Orpheus for now anyway, so there’s no considering what to do with my keys for the next two months anyway. Afterwards… we’ll have to see. Also I will have one more mythic from the forge by then. Still not sure which one, though.

I have serious bad luck with flooding the board. Normally I get nothing looped at all and only the enemy can then gather a million 4-matches. And yeah, I just ran a few tests with the YC team recommended above and got frozen to death. And Submerge is my enemy anyway, I absolutely hate it - I use dragons so often that I curse every time even in explore when I go against a submerge-troop.
I’m very grateful for all the tips! Trying YC more now, I still find myself preferring troops giving me more board control, though - I love using Asha or Valk because I can absolutely make sure to get a 4-match and keep going instead of risking handing the enemy a turn with lots of 4-matches which always happens with gem spammers. Yasmine’s Chosen seems to love to put her gems in places I don’t want them. It’s so luck-based.

so I was going to take a clip, but it’d be way too long

I’ve managed to survive a 30 minute stalemate vs a Warlord IV Humilty, Humility, Lady Anariel, Plague

just showing how out of hand it can get…

1 Like

That… is absolutely ridiculous, lmao. I think that, unless it’s GW, I would have retreated after ten minutes or so. And yeah, that damn Anariel/Plague team is what I avoid like the… plague. Lol.

If you hate pvp and it takes ages, try this.
Crimson bat
Princess ‘like’ Elspeth
Penguin
Penguin
I’m surprised how effective it is, even against meta teams. Penguin needs to be traited fully, as does Elspeth obviously. Two casts is usually enough, one against weak teams.

Another one is
Infernus
Ogryn
Fire bomb
Fire bomb
(for when you get infernus, one of the best mythics imo).

To be honest, you haven’t been playing very long at all and seem to be doing well imo. It took me a year before I knew what I was doing. I recently hit level 1200 and I’ve been end game for a while now but there’s plenty of troops still to craft /chase.

2 Likes

Oooh, thanks for the tips! I have Penguin fully traited, but not Elspeth or Crimson Bat, but that should be reasonably possible (I hope. So many troops to trait…).

The other team is more difficult; not only do I lack Infernus, but have not traited Ogryn at all and my Fire Bombs are at… ultra-rare, I think? But I suppose when the day I get Infernus comes, I will likely have them at mythic. :smile:

And I dunno… I got my first mythic at around level 1000 when I see level 75 run around with mythics in PVP. I’m Level 1105 now and feel like a doofus still. But I suppose a lot is me not being flexible enough and trying too hard to use specific troops.

Sheba,
for me this team works very good (like wins 9 out of 10) against Humility, Anariel, Plague combos:

Gorgotha (third trait a must-have; used to neutralize enemy’s skull damage; spell never to be cast, preferably)
Infernal King
Alchemist
Forest Guardian (third trait helps a lot with faster initial filling)

Just fill Alchemist, create yellows for extra turns and filling other troops; then just create extra turns with skulls/color transform; usually there are enough ordinary moves to create extra turns, if necessary.

Anariel/Plague rarely gets enough turns to actually do anything.

Edit: check out Krudler The Horse @ youtube. He’s got bunch of good ideas for teams. The one I mentioned above is a modification of his skull loop team.

1 Like

Ur fire bombs are fine. Bat’s traits aren’t essential. And always keep two gw troops when ascending. Plus ten to all stats really makes it easy.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch! I had this team on my to-trait list already; likely for that very reason. (Are you the Dust Angel from my guild? Because that may be the reason why.:slight_smile: )

I tend to keep three, actually! Khorvash and three Penguin are my PVP defense. :stuck_out_tongue: But awesome, I’m gonna try that team out next week then - this week, no one gets me into PVP anymore. My Crimson Bat also hit mythic this week, that will make things awesome. I’ll focus on traiting Elspeth once I get the three arcanes I’m currently still missing for another troop.

1 Like

Three? Even better. Mine are all mythic now anyway and have been for a couple of months. Since I crafted dawnbringer I mainly farm arena and use the batty princess to speed pvp.

1 Like

They are just UR, though - there’s no way speeding ascending those guys up; I get 16 of the GW troop weekly. It takes time. I could upgrade the Penguin to Epic, but then I would indeed just have a single one left and that wouldn’t help me at all. Won’t matter much, though, as their trait is all that’s needed.

Still missing one Arcane, then it’s Elspeth trait time. Should be done well before Monday.

EDIT @Nephilim:
Okay, actually almost had everything to trait Elspeth, so finished her really quickly. Went into battle with 1-trait Crimson bat (mythic), 3-trait legendary Elspeth, 2x 3-trait UR Penguin. Lost six out of ten battles. Do I just suck at this game? Elspeth doesn’t create enough gems to get a good loop. Lost one match thanks to Psion, two thanks to Spirit Fox, got looped to death by YC once, Famine got me in another and in the last one, I just got skulled to death because Crimson Bat doesn’t exactly count as a tank.
And one of the matches I won, I won thanks to Elspeth getting me Ysabelle, who basically soloed everything when Crimson Bat went down.
…I’m just too dumb, aren’t I?

Granted, though, the matches go by way, way faster than with my usual PVP team, so I suppose that even with that loss record - all against 3-trophy matches, by the way - I might be done with PVP faster than I usually am and will try this out on Monday. Normally I need around two hours to reach tier 1.

Still, I feel like a loser, lol.

Join a top guild. We do at least 50 legendary tasks a week which with the normal tasks and daily play nets about 1500-2000 glory keys, 3-400 gem keys a week. Plus over the last month we have went on a streak and got 4 mythics. A top guild is the only way to go once you are able.

1 Like

While that sounds wonderful, I am scared to even ask about your requirements. The top guilds normally always demand 300+ trophies (which is not good for PVP-hating me), good GW-results (which is also not good since I suck at GW and don’t even have colored teams) and, worst of all, Discord. I rather never get a mythic again than join a guild requiring that.
I easily do my 500k Gold and max seals - well, not so easily since the particles give me migraine, but I still pull it off somehow - but usually end up with around 150-200 trophies after Tier 1 and GW (if I win). 300+ trophies? Dear god, that sounds horrid.
But yeah, I could do it. Main problem is Discord. All top guilds seem to have Discord requirements.

(That said, I’m not in a crappy guild. I think we’re #37 or something?)