Nana-Nana-Nan-Nana DOOMBAT!

Originally published at: Nana-Nana-Nan-Nana DOOMBAT! – Gems of War

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Doombat The Doombat will be available again this week for 300 Glory in the shop. World Event: Bats in the Belfry There are 6 battles that players can encounter during the event: Icy Doombat, Venomous Doombat, Fiery Doombat, Cave Doombat, Dark Doombat, and Crimson Bat. The battles are randomly chosen, but they…

1 Like

This is some really…weird scoring. I don’t think we’ve ever seen troop variants for a World Event (the only ones that come to mind are the Zuul and Cth variants we see during Raid Boss events).

So scoring should look like this (I think):
world_event_20240819

6 Likes

This has to be an error all around. It like they mixed the autopost tools. It also says Doombat is available AGAIN.

2 Likes

Seems like another lazy design event. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

We actually have had this enemy/scoring paradigm before in a World Event, although not too terribly often.

1 Like

I believe we have, but the actual Troop was the same in-battle, with the variant only reflecting that it can appear in multiple teams.

Example: Stone Dead (August 2022, Hellcrag Campaign)

3 Likes

1667 points needed to unlock all rewards. I hope this works out, considering that 5 of 6 battles only hand out a flat 10 points. Gut feeling says this is at least tier 6 buy-in, depending on how often Crimson Bat really shows up.

3 Likes

Of course, it makes sense.
As per description, one should get 2.36 wings for each of those battles. No wingcrumbs are awarded, therefore some battles are bound to give 3 or even 4 wings to arrive at the expected average eventually.

(I’m not quite sure if I should open a new topic)
Were there any ninja fixes in PvP?
My guildmates have noticed that dragon gems and potion gems appear on the board only if there is an active storm, and the only colour of these gems is the same as the storm.
Has anyone else seen this?

The world event troop replacement problem is in full effect in this one: the game picks you a new enemy troop to fight each time you beat one, but as there’s only a 1/6 chance of it being a (higher-scoring) Crimson Bat you end up fighting a lot of (lower-scoring) Doombats.

This gets particularly bad if you have a streak of bad RNG luck: it has been 12 battles since I last saw a Crimson Bat :frowning:

2 Likes

That part isn’t luck related, everyone gets the same sequence of battles. The lucky part is that you have a small chance to receive up to 3 times the wings you would normally get.

1 Like

Hmm, looks like it, I must say (judging from the relatively small amount of PvP that I played).

In a fantasy world community managers would inform playerbase if such fixes took place; meanwhile in the real world they’re too busy convincing playerbase that there is everyday team communications, sitting at the same table discussing stuff taking place and not enough time is left for anything else.

6 Likes

It’s Saturday. I have have played everyday. Bought up to Tier 5

The drop rate for Crimson bat is PATHETIC
Today for example; 10 battles (4 from the daily, 6 from Valravens) - 0 Crimson bats
More so - 6 total so far for this event. That seems very very low.

And the points for wings - of the 10 battles - 8 were 2 and 2 were for 4 points.
Again that seems very low for a variable 2-5 points.

Just strange.

3 Likes

Ignoring the crimson bat part the wing drop is as they said. For simplicity use 1.2 as the multiplier which means the average for 10 normal battles is 24 which is how many you got.

1 Like

Thank you - did the same plot.

Why did you choose 1.2 multiplier and not 1.25? There are only 4 possible point options for a battle. I had expected one more battle being awarded a higher number.

Basically just used the rate from the initial post. That said 1.18 so used closest number of 1.2 which gave a round number.