Mysterious Fathoms Below

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/mysterious-fathoms-below/

New Epic Troop: Mantis Shrimp

Mantis Shrimp will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests. After 3-4 weeks it will become available in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests as usual.

New Legendary Troop: Nimue

Nimue will be available exclusively in Event Chests this week, and will make her way to Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in the usual 3-4 weeks.

Join the Forum!

12 Likes

Great Legendary troop.
It’s about time to spare some good designs for the old kingdoms too Sirrian… Namely an old kingdom with some cow/dog people living on it…

1 Like

Salvage flats?

1 Like

I have “birb memes” for “birb” people like you…

3 Likes

Yay, a mantis shrimp troop! :tada::confetti_ball::tada: It’s the only creature almost as cool as cats.

A fun read about the amazing mantis shrimp.

10 Likes

They have the best eyes in the whole animal kingdom.

1 Like

Looking forward to trying out the new legendary, hoping for a nice cheap pull :crossed_fingers:

1 Like
1 Like

Looking at the colors on the now-sixseven legendary double transformers.

Divine Ishbaala - Purple/Yellow, transforms Red->Skulls and Green->Yellow
Forest Guardian - Yellow/Green, transforms Purple->Skulls and Brown->Green
Glaycion - Brown/Purple, transforms Red->Doomskulls and Yellow->Blue
Infernal King - Purple/Yellow, transforms Green->Skulls and Brown->Red
Nimue** - Purple/Green, transforms Yellow->Skulls and Red->Purple
Sekhma - Red/Purple, transforms Blue->Skulls and Brown->Yellow
Wrath - Brown/Yellow, transforms Yellow->Skulls and Blue->Brown

Troop colors (out of 14):
Blue - 0
Green - 2
Red - 1
Yellow - 4
Purple - 5
Brown - 2

Spell transform colors (out of 21):
Blue - 3
Green - 3
Red - 4
Yellow - 5
Purple - 2
Brown - 4

… sooo we need some more blue in here.

(While I’m here, Infernal King and Sekhma are the only ones that do not recharge themselves on cast. Okay okay and Glaycion but that essentially does anyway because Doomskulls.)

7 Likes

How about Glaycion?

1 Like

I sorted by “to skulls” lol. Hold that thought.

Edited as appropriate.

1 Like

Don’t bring a scythe claw to a gun fight:

3 Likes

Cool troops, all-around. Interested in what the Legendary enables, and that shrimp’s a heavy hitter if we ever get a game mode where you can’t use legendary/mythic troops.

Which would be pretty rad.

I’m saddened this week was not called Siren Says. Other than that an interesting troop.

4 Likes

Stealing life can setup extra damage for Crimson Bat, the only downside is the fact she transforms Red gems, which C. Bat uses, but on the othe hand she gains mana to create more skulls which will usually compensate for it, the rest depends of the other troops you select.

1 Like

That’s probably a Pan’s Vale week

One can hope…

After reading/watching stuff about those (killing) shrimps i have a theory that Atlantis was destroyed by an army of shrimps and no one can find any traces of it because there is nothing left… it’s all dust… wet and salty dust, but still dust… :scream:

3 Likes

Oops. Siren Didn’t Say!

2 Likes

It’s just that all weekly event’s names are refering to its Glory troops, instead of Legendary or Godslayer/Siegebreaker.

You suggested name is very cool, but it’s also have no reference to Mantis Shrimp, so they didn’t use that.