My very first match against Deathknight class

True, there was an assumption that you’d win the initial/easy ones :wink:

As for the paragon changing defenses, I have thoughts, but not to share :wink: . Can’t wait for next week!

That’s one dangerous assumption. Just having somewhat lower stats doesn’t make them ‘easy’, especially if you can’t scout. You could easily bring a skull spam team to fight against a leading Death Knight, and be done for by Death Mark (or various similar examples). Those first battles are where the lack of scouting will be felt most.

I don’t get why so many people don’t want scouting in guild wars.

When posts are made about nasty teams or cards, everyone always replies “adjust your invade team”.
Which is the total opposite of no scouting.

I for one am glad that you can scout… Then you at least have a chance to counter some of the many nasty cards out there.

3 Likes

thats even the more reason to disable scounting and force guild mates to cooperate and talk!

strategy would be stil open without scouting after you talked with teammates, cmon :slight_smile:

i think no scouting would add a lot of emotions and excitement, i hope we can still have this change done before guild wars are released

I doubt there will be any changes now as It is already confirmed that it will be scouting.

it is confirmed only cause players never had a decent conversation about it, but you can see the feedback now :stuck_out_tongue:

i want exciting harder battles in the guild wars, no-scouting seem like a perfect solution to me

having no scouting - the battle would require a lot more of skill, cooperation and luck then if the scouting was possible , we already have scouting everywhere else anyway

dont you want the guilds where members cooperate best with each other to win more likely?
or do you want just a group of ppl who dont cooperate to proceed with their single player victories?

1 Like

Or you would just have to use Justice/Mab for every battle.

1 Like

I have no problem as it currently is. Being one of two guild leaders in a top guild is enough of a work on a weekly basis, at least for me. Co operations? Where I have to wait for a reply in the discord/ingame chat of for example what team Macawi had for Anonymous? Would be a total nightmare for most I do believe. The majority of the guilds/ppl playing this game do not have much time for such co-operations or any at all.

Also the Devs often take decision without us, I bet they did it this time because they look at the majority of players. The majority of players do not have tons of time for this game, so more often than not any forms of co-operation is out of the world.

that would mean you are giving up some points :wink:

i dont really follow why ppl keep saying guild chat is not good enough,
so far its good enough for me and the guild i am in and we manage to share needed info and help each other as well as chatting about other subjects, im sure if there was no scouting my guild would manage to communicate well just with guild chat and we just reached only top #150 ranking

also i dont think reading someone’s else report about enemy team would take too much time, plus : if you dont wanna take extra time you wont be using best team points-wise either, u will be just using the fastest/universal team anyway

dont forget its just 5 fights a day, not a tone of time taking marathon

i believe only most cooperative guilds should have best conditions to win, as this is guild wars, not solo wars xD

and ppl who dont want to put in proper effort shouldnt be granted with automatic best results either

Another reason why the Devs choosed GW to have scouting might be because more players will aim to get the VIP 3 for free scouting. But this is just a minor reason, when all comes together, I believe. Nobody yet knows what it will cost to scout a team before a battle. PvP currently has 50 gold I think, GWs might be more expensive.

i guess it is fine if it costs gems… 5gems? xD

i know some ppl would lynch me but i really want not-scouting and talking about enemies to be a guild wars standard

If I would give it a price, I do say 10 gems for anyone who don’t have free scouting, to scout a team in GW.

1 Like

The co-operations might be there in a little less grade, not all wants to get VIP3 or spend possible gems to scout a team, then some will ask in the discord/boards/ingame chat what team a specific player had.

Strangely for me, cooperation was more about finding with other members a perfect counter to a specific team better than reporting a team.

You assume that free scouting will also be able with GW… I don’t think so.

I assume that, yeah. But I wouldn’t had been surprised if it didn’t.

i think team building will be something less needed, after ppl figure out perfect teams for each color, small changes in event troop buffs dont always change much

so while now it may require a lot of cooperation until those teams are figure oud, i want something for a longer shot

I experimented a lot with one colour based teams the last weeks and with my habit of not scouting i felt like most of those teams while performing great most of the time have very distinct weaknesses making them prone to be countered by certain enemy team types.
So without maybe a few exceptions i don’t think many ‘perfect’ one colour based teams actually exist. On a related note, we really need more teamslots now for that reason, so please Devs!

1 Like

i agree but i think there wouldnt be needed much of “modifications” to those teams that become the “color meta” - ofc after the teams stabilise,
obviously we are going to experience a few weeks of experimenting first before the meta stabilise

sure thing new troops and weekly bonuses will shift meta a little bit it but just not that much - which is my guess - except of the weeks like with bombots :stuck_out_tongue: (which are rather rare)

very true
after assigning 12 teams just for guild wars im left with very few slots…

1 Like

So report defense teams became useless if you use the same perfect team…

Anyone that cares about the bonuses is going to continue to try out different builds as new troops come out along with various event boosts that will occur. So, guilds that want to stay competitive are always going to keep trying out teams and communicating.

Also, it’s already been pointed out by a couple of people that it will be easy enough to sabotage players reporting defenses back. I know I’m not the only one that has the ability to log on for a minute at various times of the day and switch out defenses. So, as I said at the beginning, no scooting takes away strategy. All a person would generally do is take in their strongest faceroll team or strongest looping team to fight all invades.

As for the devs taking scooting out days before launch, why would they do that when their isn’t even consensus in this thread.

6 Likes