My thoughts on 2.1

I’m not a fan of the caps. They increase the contribution pressure on less active players while drastically reducing the potential rewards for everyone.

@Missfluffypants even if everyone gets stat bonus and you dont Were all still playing against a Bungling AI .

1 Like

If your major motivation is helping others then our guild can use you help. Join our guild for a couple of days and help us out with the guild tasks! :wink: :grin:

1 Like

I don’t think that’d work? Guild hopping is prohibited.

2 Likes

With 3000+ other games in my Steam library, I’m not hurting for things to do.

2 Likes

Seriously? You have over 3000 games? I hardly own 1000 or so. What should I do? I’m going get bored to death!

My Steam ID = captain_video111. My profile is public for anyone who cares.

no such ID.

There is someone who is just captain_video, who owns over 3K games, is that you?

Personally, I think it’s great. It’s nice that the lower tier guilds are getting more resources, and us at the top were definitely getting too much.

I do understand that folks don’t like to be dependent on their guildmates for the Guild Chest, but I think it’s fine. A guild should be dependent on one another and that was a failing of the game previously. I also think it’s fine that there’s a cap on the Seals. If there weren’t, we’d hear tons of people complaining about the game being P2W with the new guild IAP. And you shouldn’t have unlimited access to all resources anyway. It’s new and different, so I get why that would cause frustration, but I don’t think it’s a problem. It’s pretty standard to put a cap on daily/weekly gains of valuable resources in many games.

I also understand that folks don’t know what to do with their excess Gold. That clearly seems like a design failure, but it’s also something that only affects a couple hundred people. I’m sure they’ll figure something out for those blessed with an embarrassment of riches.

9 Likes

Over all I like the extra rewards we get from the tasks, however I do have 2 complaints. 1 is the load time when I click the guild button. The other is I have to click the guild button to collect seals EVERY TIME I win a pvp match! I mean come on!

There is no problem with the lower and medium tier guilds getting more resources, and the top 10 getting less.

The problem is when after you play 10h of pvp, you have maxed all the guild possibilities of gold and seals, and all that is left is trophies that do very little, and a stack of gold that you cant spend.

That means that the incentive to continue pvp’ing is greatly reduced, and i personally find explore to be so boring i found myself exiting the app. Maps and arena are fun minigames, the first few times, but also get boring, and the fact that they are sub optimal makes me avoid them.

Before, we recruited ppl that found pvp engaging, that wanted to play this game maybe 3-4h a day, some more. And having the growth limited, so that those that want to play more can’t get too ahead of those that can’t/dont want, leaves hardcore players in a wash.

1 Like

Personally the most awkward part I feel is the gold donations. I am sitting on a large pile of gold that I can’t contribute because that’ll short-change another guildie who hasn’t contributed yet for the week. (To be honest, I actually went way over my contribution “budget” already because I got excited about completing tasks…) So now we get to play “donation chicken” with the remaining guildies, which feels wrong.

10 Likes

I have the same feelings.

Hopefully that comes to fruition.

2 Likes

My last paragraph specifically addresses this concern, as have the devs.

That said, you are competing on the PvP leaderboards for Rank-based rewards. I think it’s arguable whether or not the top prizes are worth the effort, but the fact that you used to be able to Triple-Up on Gold, Trophies, and Ranked Rewards and can now only do so to a cap on Gold (at which point you can still Double-Up) doesn’t mean that the rewards are inherently bad. They’re less than they were before and folks got used to Tripling-Up, so they’re understandably frustrated, but that doesn’t mean it’s not objectively “worth it” if you set aside what you used to get.

Another thing to bear in mind: Excess gold can be spent on Gold Keys, which give you Glory, Gems, and Souls. Sure, the rate of returns aren’t as staggering as they were before, but you still have an outlet for transforming Gold into other more precious resources.

2 Likes

It seems to me this really means guilds need to move away from a hard gold donation requirement. I know I’ll be very upset if I get kicked b/c I only contributed 160k out of 200k b/c I could no longer contribute. But that’s on the guild to manage. The far more important thing now is the Seals requirements, which you don’t have to play “donation chicken” around.

3 Likes

Yes, I agree. Gold comes naturally as part of the seals gaining process (unless you’re spamming easy Challenges or fighting 1-Peasant defense teams via dueling). I think we’ll see the demise of the gold contribution requirement, replaced by Trophies + Seals.

Either that or they go the other way and whatever the gold req the guild sets, has to be the exact req. You’ll still be sitting on a pile of gold though. Well I won’t cause i’m broke and a wittle fish in a big pond, but others will.

If everyone puts in the same gold number and no more, everyone has a chance.

I don’t get it - why would you even want to do this, much less have to? Honest question.

+1 to thoughts on ‘donation chicken’ … its strange. We’ve got at least one or two lvl1000 people who didn’t manage to donate very much this first week because the rest of us swarmed the tasks. Clearly something is up with that.

1 Like

You do realize that only 5-6 guilds, out of the thousands of active guilds, have this “problem”, right? There is another solution, which doesn’t require any dev action: move to another guild!

5 Likes