My thoughts on 2.1

Just some observations about the comments of “seals being to easy to get” and “not enough tasks for all players in a guild to spend gold on”

For context: I’m level 1009 and I’m in a top 10 guild on PC/mobile. Also for context, I consider myself a casual player. I play for fun, I don’t want this to turn into a second job where I have to invest extra time to hit specific targets:

Seals:
Currently 4 members of my guild have 1500 seals (and I am not one of them (I’m somewhere around 1100 so I’ll get it before monday but to me it does not seem like it’s to easy to get seals)), which would indicate that the “seals are to easy to get” argument only exists for the very top guilds and the very hardcore players.

As a guild we’ve already passed the 20K seals mark, so activity in the guild seems fine, and the 20K seals guild chests are a great target to aim at (for us anyway)

Gold:
10 of our members have donated more than 533K gold this week, and we’ve completed the red, purple and blue tasks, with green and yellow being at 10/12 and brown at 8/12.
That also seems like very nice activity to me.

So the current set-up with seals and max gold donations for guilds each week seems to be working fine for me.
The only ones having issues appear to be the very top guilds. I don’t see why the game’s economy should be changed to facilitate 0.01% of the player base? Just wait a few weeks and I’m sure @Sirrian and @Nimhain will come with an announcement about some specific guild tasks beyond what there is now to challenge the top guilds. And just change any gold requirements for guild contribution to trophies or seals and you’ve fixed that “issue” too…

just my 2 cents…

8 Likes

From my viewpoint, which is definitely a casual player, in a top 40 guild with no reqs on pc/mobile, I can say that the numbers are fine.
The guild has maxed red and purple, with the rest at about 6/12, which might go up once more.
Total collected guild seals is in the 11K and we’re estimating that we will not consistently hit the 20k level.
Personally I have about 900 seals in three days, as I waited to start PvPing till patch hit. Once I got to 2K pvp rank (tier 1 with a buffer), I switched to explores on normal difficulty.

1 Like

The thing you have to think about is the fact that people actually enjoy the game. I myself am in one of those top 0.17% guilds and we have completed all tasks 12/12 and opened all our guild chests at the tier 6 chest.

We also donated everything before the patch went live so we started from scratch and still only took 3 days to gather the ~16M to complete them all. So now we look towards the end of the week, still another 3 days until reset and will will almost have that gold to complete all the tasks on Monday within the first 12 hours. What happens next week? We wait for the weekly reset again.

The main issue i have is the the task cost far out way the rewards. Take the purple statue as an example;
I dont think myself or the guild would worry at all about maxing that task if it wasn’t for the +2 magic because almost none of the guild need 6k souls.

Basiclly i understand the games tasks were getting out of hand and they needed to be fixed but to say that we loose about 23% in rewards is entirely different for every player. a level 100 player will value souls differently to a level 1000+ just like some will value gems more because they have hit VIP 5 and need the arcane stones and dont need to spend them them on Gem chests.

2 Likes

There is something interesting concerning the guild tasks. The way I understand it, the tasks reset on Monday, but the bonus from the last level task does not. They last for seven days once completed.
So when a guild completes the final task on, say, Friday, the statue will reset on Monday, but leave the bonus active for another four days. This means that the guild has ample time to complete all the tasks in de following week, probably nicely in time to reach the final task before it resets. One could even hold off on completing that last task until the bonus runs out, so as to maximise the time the bonus lasts.
Any other considerations on this?

EDIT: It just crossed my mind that this also means that the order in which you completed them is very hard to change, unless you are willing to go some days without a specific bonus.

2 Likes

Um what exactly are you doing that can get those seals in 3-4 hours???

That seems very low and seems a lot shorter than my experience.

I think it’ll take a lot longer than that for most people in the game and that you are in the minority.

And you know what, maybe some of these elite players that make an absurd amount of gold should instead go to smaller guilds and help others out. Especially if you are upset about only having to donate such a “small” amount of gold… Like go to a smaller guild and spread the wealth and stop complaining about being elite :stuck_out_tongue: (only partly joking, I don’t mean to be harsh or anything but it can be a bit frustrating from my perspective that people are complaining about having too much gold. Like pass some my way :wink: haha )

2 Likes

Sirrian has said that bonus durations stack, so as long as you complete the bonus the same time or earlier each week, you’ll never be without the bonus.

2 Likes

My guild is ranked 180, we are by no means a top guild. Only casual. We have some people that have donated 4k, and max is only 360k.

We have a bunch of people that havent collected seals, and some like myself who hit rank 1 before the update, so got none of the seals from that, and as a guild we have just over 14k. The task rewards are worth it to us, as its alot more than what we were getting, and it makes people want to play more.

Yes, it is unfair for some, a very small some. They just happen to be the most vocal on here lol.

Also, how do you gain 1500 seals in 4 hours in legit means??

In guild shop :wink:

4 Likes

I’m a guild leader and we had very low minimum contributions so far, especially for a top50 guild. 30k gold was all we were asking for (we still got 4 mio every week, which isnt much for a guild of 30 ppl though) mostly to give everyone a chance to get all their kingdoms to level 10.

After the update I find that people are struggeling to get their share of guild seals though… and it thus shows who’s actively playing the game (cause to be honest, everything one can do in the game actually yields guild seals, no matter what you do).

I like the update, especially for the new passive bonuses you get from your guild statues. What would make it perfect though would be the following two options:

1. Give the guild leader an option to make every member pay their gold into a guild pool which only the guild leader or maybe the next lower rank of guild members can then use to finish tasks, rather than everyone do as they think. Make it an option that a guild can choose so that if you dont like it, you can leave it as is.

2. Add an option to transfer your personal 1500 seals cap to the guild if you’re not active enough to obtain them by yourself, so that the guild as a whole can still get to 40k seals weekly. That would be very… nice =)

I see! So this means that when you complete a statue after the reset and you still had 3 days of bonus stats left, the statue will show that you have 10 days left?

You want to :tm: that ‘donation chicken’ @Lyya ? I’m sure that’s a solid idea for a new type of arena minigame.

1 Like

2.1 is good enough to bring me back to the game.

1 Like

People at my level, and level of commitment, probably aren’t meant to hit the cap every week, and that’s ok. But it’s not as trivial as you’re making it out to be. I’ve definitely spent more than 4 hours this week playing, and my total so far for the week is 543 seals. Monday and my climb to tier didn’t count, so that’s:

1 Daily Login        * 15 =  15
14 PvP tiers          * 15 = 210
42 Ranked PvP Battles *  4 = 168
42 Battles Won        *  5 = 210

for a total of 603 seals I would have otherwise gotten but missed out on this first week. That would leave me with 354 seals to earn in the next three days, including today. I might make it on a regular week, particularly if I get luckier/better at Treasure Hunt, but there’s a good chance I won’t make it this week unless I really push for it and spend far more time on the game than I really should, or even want to.

My performance in Treasure Hunt’s been on a downwards spiral for the last month or so. I got 3 60+ turn games this week, out of maybe a dozen or so attempts. I don’t have any teams that can reliably beat W4 explore in any kind of reasonable time, it’s simply too much armor/health to grind through with my troops. Most of them have only been ascended a rarity or two, very few are traited, and while I do have all kingdoms at level 10, none of them are 5 stars.

Explore on Normal/Hard still gives 5 seals and takes less than half the time of a Warlord IV Explore.

I can do 10 Explores on Hard in about 20 minutes while being rather active in guild chat. Explore farming team I use is Valk, Devoted, Rowanne, Mercy. Mercy is the only one that needs to be fully traited, but Valk’s Water Link really helps. Also, Mercy takes Arcane Swamps, which are in glory packs this week. Add in a level up, and that’s about 180 seals/hour, while hunting for needed Arcanes and goofing off in chat.

Cast Mercy and Valk to get as many blues on the board as possible, then loop Devoted on blue until Rowanne has enough armor to win.

1 Like

You guys are playing PVP. As @agentronin316 said, do a few Explores. The seals rack up really fast.

I did several Explores and a couple of perfect Arena runs and hit the cap BEFORE I ever played a single PVP match.

Don’t forget that a perfect Arena run is worth 70 seals (40 from the matches, 30 from the run). I can imagine that being even more efficient than doing Treasure Hunts.

1 Like

We all tend to effectiveness, but if the difference isnt drastic, i’d say do what you like. New kingdom questline? Sure let me get Tyri out. Plenty of stashed maps an hour later and we’re good to go in TH. Which i find… soothing.

Don’t forget about 100 souls for doing the quest line in the new Kingdom, plus 10 each time you level.

1 Like

It’s been painful. No chance to use gems on anything else, which means the slim-to-none chance of getting a mythic gets stuck on “none”.

I wish the Task Bonuses had a more interesting risk reward.

By this I mean, I wish the statues started with bonuses, and then as completed the bonuses went away and we got stat penalties. At the same time, getting a better number of keys and resources, where your guild could keep completing cursed statues to get more loot, and at the same time weakening your PvP abilities.

Like, do you get angry when your guild mate completes statue level 15 for 25 gems keys, but a -4 health? Or level 16 for another 20 keys, but going to -8 health, etc. So that the diminishing returns were a play balancing affect and not just a cap.