My first impression of Boss Raid

your Xiong is blocked for both colors, its your most important troop. :confused:

No itā€™s not once diviner is up. Itā€™s not a hard team to use between the killer panda, diviner and emporer Liang thereā€™s plenty of board control and yellows flying around.

and Diviner is blocked for 1 color, if there is few greensā€¦

Well itā€™s worked fine for me

I was considering a similar setup. Mang is far and away the best damage dealer once your Xiong Mao canā€™t strip away Zuulā€™Gothā€™s armor in a single cast. I just canā€™t get over the conditioning Guild Wars has instilled: never lose troops.

Sorry got so say event sucks.

I think the mechanic is ok, but stops there.

Rewards are totally woeful - to get to portal 10 you need an average of 17k+ per member which is probably only achievable by buying tier 7 for mythic boss-slayer

1850 gems cost for ā€¦drumrollā€¦ 6k gold & 600 souls & 1 orb? wtf?

Ok the hightlights are the weapon (dubious as will invariably never be used), 1 treasure key (woo! random loot) & 55 gems along the way. The orbs are useless as only useful for peeps who are levelling - anyone seriously fighting the boss at lv 300+ has no need for these.

Basically game mode becomes a time-sink with no rewards

2 Likes

Iā€™m in general agreement with you, but this isnā€™t correct. Those orbs are how you will (eventually) be able to craft Zuulā€™Goth for yourself. Check out his recipe in the Soul Forge, and the recipes for the major orbs. Youā€™ll need rather a lot of those minor orbs of chaos.