My Collection on Gems of War Database - Auto Updates!

That is a possibility, yes.

Now, that’s a bit scary! I hope that’s very unlikely and you won’t get in any trouble for trying to help us all.

1 Like

Yeah that’s interesting. I thought this had to have gone through Dev approval… obviously not!

What the devs don’t know, won’t hurt them. Nim still doesn’t know i’m here anyways.

Hopefully nothing would happen to you because this is very helpful.

Disclaimer: Obviously i’m joking. Don’t do anything behind the Devs back. Stay in school.

1 Like

This is insanely awesome, but I was also worried about the database. Anyway, even if the unlikely would happen, I’m sure the devs would probably lift the ban when they gad the chance? Being Lyya and all that… Still, I really hope this is not something a user can cause, because I trust Lyya 100%, but definitely not 100% of the users :smile:

1 Like

Yeah I see what you’re saying, I don’t even trust you.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

lol I saw the tongue emote popping up, but I knew it was there in spirit from the start hehehe

2 Likes

This is pretty cool however i’m waiting for devs approval ^^

No worries, it’s opt-in. The manual functionality should continue to work, and if it doesn’t, please let me know.

@Lyya, maybe you remember when I told you about my friend’s app, similar to ToDo Monitor? It’s been fully functional for a while and I think he’s close to releasing it (I believe the only thing left for him to do is to make sure his program can properly check for app updates).

Of course, he can’t and won’t implement auto-fetching of player data through API until it’s 100% safe for everyone (which might be never, who knows hehehe), but it’s already possible to import data to his program from the CSV exported from your collection page, so there’s that. Insanely easier now, thanks to you!

In principle, it’s similar to TDM and your Collection, but it has some differences, like:

• Some sort of calculator that tells you which troops can be traited with your current stones without interfering with hearted troops (you can actually heart traits individually)
  • Very nice search system that can help you find very specific troops (for example, I can quickly find troops that have Impervious, that don’t use red or yellow, and that are of the Monster type: Behemoth and War Sphinx)
  • Ability to sort and filter troops, classes and kingdoms in many different ways, including the possibility of creating custom filters
  • Tribute notifcation that gives you a warning 1 hour after the last time you clicked a button informing you’ve collected tributes

Although his app is still very useful and I’ll keep using it in the foreseeable future, this current update on your Collection made it look bad (don’t worry, we love your new update, and we’re not offended at all hahahaha because what really matter is that, whatever program/website people use, they should feel that it helps them). I highly doubt many people will be willing to export CSV from your page and import it into his program, but idk.

What I mean to say is: maybe you can have a look at it when it’s released? And maybe some of the features can be implemented on your Collection as well? Anyway, I’m 100% open to discussing it with you if you have any questions. Feel free to reach me on discord, or somewhere else you might find better.

Again, I can’t thank you enough for your great efforts on ashtender.com and for all the help you’ve provided to GoW’s playerbase! I’m sure you have a lot of good credit in the karma bank :wink:

Done.

On the My Collection page, click Tools, then click “Get Permalink.” This will make a permanent link that you can share with anyone that will point to a read-only view of your collection data (without resources, like gold, souls, etc.). Note that at present, the link really is permanent, so be careful with whom you share it.

3 Likes

I also have something to report: I still had that “help” information uncleared at the top of my collection. When I tried to click to button to hide it, my avatar was blocking the button (I had to click the text above the button and press tab).

Yeah, I just noticed that myself. I’ll fix it.

Just finished linking my account. This is awesome @Lyya!

Don’t mind my silly team names. XD

1 Like

Definitely would love to see his program when he’s done! It’s not a competition, I’m glad there are others also working to benefit the community with their tools. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Souls are fixed. If you’re not linked, the value will be 0 / n right now forever, since I don’t track anything but traitstones and troop data when not linked. Should work properly when linked.

Home kingdom should be fixed now.

4 Likes

I loved it before, and with the recent Auto Update, your “My Collection” service is simply amazing!

However, I saw a small thing: At the bottom where you have listed all the stored teams, one of them missed a member:

“Traiting: Princess Elspeth, Bombot, , Dwarven Miner”

The one in the third position should be my Hero with “Black Manacles” weapon.

Yep, I see the issue. Weapons aren’t being handled properly there. I’ll fix it tomorrow, thanks for the report!

4 Likes

It does show owned traitstones, kingdom power points and teams. Are those intended?

Maybe there should be an option to let people choose what they want to share on their permalink.

That’s great, thank you.

Though I said Seals, not Souls. If you can add those, it would be even better.
(I do mean total owned seals, not weekly earned count. But that one may be useful as well, if the data is accessible)

Wow… i’m speechless Lyya. :open_mouth:
If we had anything like a rank for the community, based on the card’s rarity, some few people could even be “Ascended to Mythic”, but you would be “Base Mythic” (or just “Mythic” as it sounds better). :grinning:

5 Likes