Mr. Strange goes cold turkey

I try to play a lot of games - and periodically that means culling my “daily” games down a bit, to make room for new things!

I’ve decided to cut out three of my daily games, including GoW. I’ll probably check in periodically to see how new troops / minigames / whatever are developing, but my daily play is going to stop.

GoW is awesome - this decision is in no way a comment on the quality of the product. But I have a professional responsibility to keep up a breadth of gaming, and I think it’s time for me to move on.

So hey - a slot has just opened up on Audles’s guild roster! :wink:

3 Likes

Godspeed, sir.

1 Like

Could you play paladins?

Speaking of Puzzle Quest-like games… and in this case, Puzzle Quest itself, I’m attempting to beat Challenge of the Warlords without equipment and spells. I am using the Temple because if I don’t I won’t be able to have the stats to survive.

All the best Mr.Strange. We’ll miss you in Audles.
Do check in from time to time on Discord!

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Au revoir, Mr. Strange, it was nice having you in Audles; sad to see you go, but I can understand your situation.

I always appreciate your perspective on things around here and I look forward to your return after a big update or something! Take care, Mr. Strange.

10 Likes

2 Likes

Strange no!

Audles will miss you.

I wont miss the days you insisted on donating to all the soul tasks pre update. Did they create the new guild system around you so you could no longer donate to the soul guild tasks??

Good luck

Lola

2 Likes

Come back every so often and let us know what you’re playing, and if it’s worth checking out :sunglasses: Have fun!

Copy that.

2 Likes
  • Injustice: Gods among us (mobile) is a game I adore. It’s really interesting, looks great - probably one of the best fighting games I’ve ever played. And the end-game is really fun & compelling.
  • Faeria is a really interesting card collecting / strategy game. A bit like Hearthstone, a bit like Duelyst. Great single-player content.
  • Duelyst! Recently out of beta, this is a great tile-based army-building card-collecting thing.
  • SolForge - been on my playlist longer than anything else, this is an absolutely fantastically deep deck-building CCG.
  • Hex: Shards of fate - I’m on the fence on this one. The theme is really fun, but it’s yet to prove itself to me strategically.

Out of the ones you listed I tried injustice for quite some time. I stoped after realizing how much of absurd repetitive grinding it needs. And saying it’s the best fighting game on android platform? It’s not even in top 5, no real fighting to be honest just a button mash. Seems like you haven’t tried many fighting titles tho.
Not saying it’s a bad game just that it needs ridiculous amount of grind. And yeah that’s coming from a free to play GoW player, and free to play Hearthstone player.

I would love to hear this top 5 list!
Gimmie!

Be careful out there playing Pokémon: Theft/Murder/Rape! :wink:

Well pretty much any fighting game that actually asks you to really fight. Injustice is called a fighting title but it’s not.
Games like

• punch hero
  • punch boxing 3D
  • real boxin
  • blood and glory (not a great one but better then injustice)
    I forgot the title of the fighting game that I absolutely adored and played for about 4 months (which is for a fighting game that has nothing to collect and a simple story a big amount of time). I can’t search for it because my Internet is to damn slow to try to find it. But it’s the best fighting experience I had on android. Different kind of blocks, avoiding, all sorts of punches. Strong and week, left and right side of hitting. It matters if you try the punch to the face from the right side and it is heading into your stomach. You’ll get hit. And hitting opponent who’s blocking you will leave you out of stamina and open for his attacks. And the game was very challenging it had some kind of story mode that was getting tougher and tougher as you progress and I was close to the end but couldn’t pass it. Remind me one of this days and I’ll find it when my Internet is better. The other 4 I mentioned give you the impression that what you do matters. Not just mindless tapping and activitie the skill when it’s ready that injustice has.
    And mortal combat for android has the same mechanics as injustice has = no mechanic. I was so excited when I saw it in the store, expected the epic experience I got from it on PC, little to say I was disappointed. .

Have you played Shadow Fight 2? I think it’s really excellent.

I’m a bit worried to mention it though, since you seem to enjoy tearing down my opinions so much…

Yes I did play it. It’s also a real fighting game but I didn’t enjoy it much. No special reason it’s a decent game. But at that time I was playing the awesome game of boxing that I mentioned above (but the name I can’t recall) so shadow fight was quickly erased.