Most Terrifying Deck (Screenshots + Explanations)

Personally Great Maw cards are only a threat if they at the bottom, but if they are at the Top, you tend to have a much better chance wiping out that threat with just skulls before either side can use a single spell.

The most terrifying deck I recently ran into:

Broken Maw***
Queen Mab***
Famine***
Mercy***

I was running Maw***, IK***, Sheggra***, Mercy***. Got the Maw ready before the AI did, but which troop do you devour? I took his Maw only to see his Famine take most of the spawned gems and InstaKill one troop after another. Hard to do something about it if your whole team is frozen.

EDIT: typos

1 Like

Queen Mab is honestly one of the more threatening, Famine not so much, and Mercy is personally a breeze to deal with. On that deck, I’d say your primary targets (if all your cards can choose targets) is Queen Mab first then Famine 2nd, after that, the others become easy pickings.
Try this for a terrifying deck:
Hydra***
Sheggra***
Infernal King***
Bone Dragon***

Hydra does more damaged based on missing HP on top of it’s Spell Damage
Sheggra, Infernal King, and Bone Dragon all create skulls. This deck could easily overwhelm any deck pretty fast. Doesn’t matter what I use against that particular deck, I’m guaranteed to die.

Only one problem with that: I can’t find any summoned troop that I’d like to be on the top of my team - or in my team at all.
I also don’t want any of the summoner troops on my team. Forcing me to use two troops I don’t like is very annoying.

Also, why the necro? Couldn’t respond for 2+ months?

Try this: Gorgotha, Crimson Bat, Soothsayer, Spirit Fox. True damage will eat it from the inside out. @yonizaf, I think he might be a new player.

He’s the one who started this thread, almost 3 months ago. He joined the forums almost 6 months ago. How is that new?

You’re right, my fault that I didn’t check. Sounded like a newbie thing to me and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Some people don’t check the forums as obsessively as we obviously do. They only show up when they have some feedback they feel particularly strongly about, or are looking for information about something in particular. If they don’t have email notifications enabled, they don’t necessarily have anything to bring them back to a topic when someone responds.

1 Like

Summoner type cards:
Abyssnia - summons Infernal King
Corrupt Sorceress - summons Anointed One or Remnant
Dark Master - summons Thrall
Dokkalfar - summons Giant Spider who also summons Spider Swarm
Dragon Eggs - summons Baby Dragons (who turns into a random dragon from Epic to Legend rarity)
Goblin King - summons regular goblins
Summoner (orc) - summons Ghoul while boosting all allies HP

Those are the ones I know of and they can be a real pain if you they aren’t the focus of the battle.
Also I have hundreds of accounts all across the net, so yeah as @Spherix says, I’m not obsessive about checking every post daily - Most times I don’t expect many to respond to my threads and I don’t check my email as often as I should.

Also, whats it matter if I necro a thread? If it saves making a new thread about the same topic, necro-ing a thread is small in comparison. And the thread is about scary decks made by players and scary decks will change over time.

One I ran into pretty recently:
Deep Borer (Mythic) (Full Traited) (Lv20)
3x Famine (Full Traited) (Lv20)

the deck basically made mine super weak super quick (First card loses 3 skill points at start of each turn), I had all legends (all Lv19) that do spread damage, but my deck was pathetic compared to that impossible deck.

I use both dokkalfar and giant spider in my main team, it is fun. I grabbed a screen shot of my whole team on fire once, worth it.

Most terrifying deck I’ve run into?

… Damn, that’s hard. I see a lot of things that would’ve scared me silly at a lower level these days, and I laugh at most of them, while systematically tearing their team apart. Death/Fam/Death/Fam is particularly annoying because traits. 4x Death might actually give me a fairly hard time, because I’d have to fire off and loop before they nuked down my first troop. Other than that, I don’t really encounter boogymen in PvP any more. Manti/Manti/DB/BD is a joke. Khorv teams are easily stunned into submission. Mab teams? Freeze might slow me down a bit but one in maybe the last fifteen Mabs I faced got to cast even once.

What about Dragon Souls (2), Mab, and Abyssnia? Would that be a tough one to face for you?

Not at all. Maybe annoying on the double revive chance, but no stoneskin means I can just skull spam it to death, no impervious means I can freeze everything but Mab, making said skull spam less dangerous, and… What is Abby even doing in that team?

Overall: Skull spam with a Mab in the team would wipe the floor with it, or I could counter it mysel with Dragotaur/Celestasia/DS/DS, and outspam it with armor buffs and immunity to Mab.

Now, let me try to build a team to give myself a hard time. This may take a moment.

Orion, Courage, Courage, Bone Dragon

Even with my gorgotha having over 100 attack I couldn’t get enough damage to finish him off before his BD fired enough to reduce me to shreds.

1 Like

Manti x2, Famine, Death is pretty nasty.

1 Like

I got Zoo to help me test this out, to see if it was as strong as I hypothesized.

Mechanist class meant that Manacles were up fast, and if not for the fact that I baited it with skulls all game, I would not have won. If the manacles had gotten a devour… I would not have won.

[quote=“Kurokazna, post:33, topic:6198, full:true”]
What is Abby even doing in that team? [/quote]

Well I don’t have every card type memorized, but Abyssnia could be useful since she can summon Infernal King who can spam skulls & has % chance of self-resurrecting (if trait unlocked). Also, Abyssnia summon IK per use of her ability, so even having two or three IKs would be a pain.

what are their levels, rarity, and do any have traits unlocked? I’ve fought Gorgotha enough to where I don’t see him as a threat anymore (about as threatening as a Dwarven Miner if no traits unlocked imo).

Well to keep in line with the post I just necroed… the only team I have a serious problem going against right now is -

Manticore
Manticore
Deep borer
Bone dragon

That team is pretty scary to me. I have been skipping whenever I see it. It has close to a 50/50 win rate on defense, so evidently others find it scary as well :stuck_out_tongue:

And the occasional famine team, where I get unlucky or can’t mana drain on time or enough to avoid a one shot. Or a very lucky death team (but humility pretty much secures a death team wipe).

She won’t cast three times. I doubt she’d even cast once. Mana drains and freezes make that unlikely, as is the fact that my invade team just tears through anything that’s not Khorv or Gotha. Until Khorv or Gotha get stunned.

Against that I’m actually thinking DB/Mercy/Manacles/Famine against that team might be fun.

Mythic. 20. All traits.