[More info needed] TOD scrolls bug

It’s all fine if everyone tells you, but if they don’t tell a Dev, we’re not psychic, and yes this sort of thing could be a simple connection issue if 1 or 2 people report it, but when 50 people report it I start looking at “well was there some major internet shenanigans or did something on the game’s backend bork” because it points at a larger issue.

That’s why we do troubleshooting and why I asked the 2 players who reported in August to write a support ticket so I could troubleshoot with them so I could 1. Try to solve the issue for them or 2. Work out what was causing the issue. I can’t call an all stop on the programmers and server admins every time any player has a long loading screen - there’s too many factors playing into it and most of the time it’s nothing to do with the game itself - I try to do a logical ruling out of things.

Your issue wasn’t ignored, it was just handled via ticket as it didn’t appear anyone else had the issue as no one else said anything - next time tell your guild mates to never assume someone knows something just because you know it so we can actually help. We don’t want a broken game but we’re literally not psychic, if we don’t experience the issue ourselves we can’t know there is an issue.

1 Like

I was the other person who sent a ticket. I sent one the first time it happened, waited 2 weeks for a response and then followed up when it happened for the 2nd time in a row to no response.

I personally told my guild not to flood with tickets as I had already sent one in and there was also a report on the forum.

I even asked in the ticket the best way to handle the issue if bug popped up again in Tower of Defense - which it did.

I don’t want this to putting the support or you on blast but rather an open dialogue of what the Switch community can do to avoid these delays next time. We are a smaller base and most of my guild won’t write a ticket as English isn’t their first language so they rely on me to relay issues.

If getting multiple people to write in a report is the way to go then okay, in the future I’ll do that. I want to be cognizant of your time and your efforts so if there’s a better way I’ll do that instead.

I know you’re stretched thin and believe me I do appreciate the efforts and you taking the time to listen.

1 Like

For sure she can. Dodge works in that way that the troop either dodges all skull matches on the board or dodges none. It’s not a separate check for each skull match.

Then why does barrier not absorb 2 skull hits at the same time? Why doesnt enrage hit for both skull hits at the same time?

Also she dodges 2 skull hits and every exploded skull from the skull matches? It says I have a critical hit, was it on the air?

1 Like

Hi,

I tried force closing the game and restarting but it has not helped.

Thanks,

SerfThomas

Hopefully when GoW is sold off, they hire developers who actually play the game instead of lament their lack of psychic powers.

2 Likes

I am guessing as this is now the weekend that nothing is going to get done about my tower of doom.

If this is the case then can you please refund me the gems that I spent on the first four tiers of the shop.

I believe this adds up to 450 gems.

Thanks,

1 Like

@Kafka.

There is a clear issue presented here; the ticketing procedure is unfit for process because unless a certain number (unspecified) of tickets is presented regarding the same issue, then the tickets are largely ignored. Most of us don’t have time to point out gaming errors via the ticketing ordeal. We may instead point out errors we find here in the forums which again go ignored despite numerous subsequent “updates”. What’s the point?

This week we have the recurrent Doom scroll issue and a bugged new faction troop on top of all the other bugs such as detect o bot, skulls, weird graphics following campaign release and a cacophony of other game faults. It’s incessant and a sorry reflection upon everybody involved at game/publisher HQ.

It is crystal clear that inadequate or zero testing is performed before new stuff goes live and players are getting more and more disgruntled at the non existent effort being made to fix stuff whilst simultaneously being driven to spend more time and more cash on a broken product. All you need is 1 or 2 in house testers to do the job. No ticket needed, just identify a problem, record it, show it to the devs next door and get it fixed. Nett result, better quality, a chance to rebuild your shattered QA, and a happier community that may even spend a few dollars more than their weekly wage bill. Right now the only way I will ever get a campaign pass is if you sent it to my mailbox for free.

1 Like

This went from a “we made a temporary fix, but the real fix will need a client update in 5.2”, to [more info needed] just in time for the weekend.

My son recently learned how to code “hello world” in java. Does he qualify for your coding team? He might be over qualified. He is willing to work for Roblox points. I can send a DM with his details if you are looking to hire.

3 Likes

@Kafka I suspect that this bug has been reintroduced with the 5.3 client, which I am using on an Amazon Kindle Fire.

I decided to use a couple of Fireballs to finish mapping floor 25. The first worked without a problem revealing a magic scroll, the second caused the game to hang as reported above with a room containing an unlock scroll.