Mercy requires a rebalance {Changed my mind}

These traits would have to be like each turn steal a mana from an enemy troop. Can you say legendary traits?

Empowered siren three casts and bye mercy.
I heard mercy say something ?
Ok mercy we love you too.

I don’t really understand that discussion about Mercy. Mercy’s only useful cast is the very first one. After that, Alchemist is the way better and more flexible yellow supporter.

The AI usually casts Mercy on turn 1. Depending on the board it is either a complete overkill or a huge flop. And Mercy has not managed to fill Great Maw/IK or any powerful costly yellow troop in that one turn yet.

I personally think that Mercy is fine as she is. Better focus on other stuff. More buffs than nerfs.

I also dont see a problem with Mercy. Unless the gems align at the beginning she is deadwood until they do. There are counters to empowered coming too.

As @irishfury187 said, the Maw/IK/Mercy/Sheggra team is quick but I plan on reverting back to a Valkyrie team.

Having troops with specific strengths, and counters, helps create strategy and encourages changing your team. I think auto scouting should be available to everyone so they dont just stick with the same generic team for eternity

2 Likes

Except that Mercy isn’t an easy button. You’re pairing her with IK, which is overpowered. So is Maw.

Try running Mercy in a Divine team with Templar, Paladin, and Valkyrie and see if you think she’s overpowered.

1 Like

Mercy is hardly an issue, biased data on the odds of getting favorable boards well aligned can be countered by biased data of “ugh, i never get a favorable board”.

2 Likes

You keep confusing overpowered and gimping her in a team that isn’t very strong.

Mercy is above the power curve, thus overpowered, but not so much as to be detrimental to the game. I personally think there should be a direct empowered Yellow-Purple converter as a counter to her, because I dislike her first turn color denial.

Hunger was disruptive to the entire game, and thus broken, and needed to be fixed.

There will be more and more “Overpowered” troops until we get to a point where Mercy fits the middle of the power curve. I’d say she’ll be right in the middle in around a year.

If she has to be combined with other troops (e.g. Maw, IK, etc.) then by definition she is not, herself, overpowered.

By that logic, a troop will only be OP if you can win 1v4. Point isn’t that it can be done, point is that it leads to mindless strategy and to an Empowered arms race.

2 Likes

Mindless strategy?

When paired with Maw, maybe. When paired with just about anything else? I think freaking not!

It’s too late now though. The race is well underway. Knocking her down to Fast now shifts too much power to her counters.

2 Likes

Yep. (in for 10 characters)

Gorgotha/Bone Dragon/Mercy/Green Slime is pretty indestructible.

Because of Bone Dragon, not because of Mercy.

No Great Maw, no Infernal King, no Bone Dragon. Any more Troops are not allowed? I can make a viable team out of anything.

I can too, that’s not the point. It’s that some of these guys want to nerf everything down to a level playing field, as if this is some kind of competitive MOBA or something.

I don’t care what people use. I beat BD, I beat Maw, I beat IK. I just get sick of people complaining about changing troops all the time. Just play the game…

2 Likes

My issue is the apparent recession of strategy.

It’s about who can build the biggest, strongest team that also must win in 1 or 2 moves. That’s NOT the vision the developers had originally, I can guarantee that.

5 Likes

I absolutely agree with you and to that end, that’s why I argue against nerfing Mercy. She’s a vital part of many, many teams that aren’t overpowered at all.

Just because the min/max people can’t control themselves and have to pair her with Maw or IK doesn’t mean my Divine teams should suffer because of it.

I’ve personally advocated for them IMPROVING synergies, so that using her with “her own kind” (for lack of a better description) would count more and help balance things out. People would be rewarded for using strategies other than min/max and while the min/max teams would still exist, their relative power would be diminished.

2 Likes

I changed the title and categorized this thread. It’s just a skewed period that we Console players entered that you PC players just left. We have to just tough it out.

You’re not playing if you’re not making choices. Mindlessly pushing the same buttons over and over for a reward isn’t “play”. You may be running a suboptimal team as a handicap, but that doesn’t mean the game itself is in a healthy state. The game rewards its players for making the quickest, most reliable, most brainless team compositions possible. You suggesting people just not use those combinations doesn’t make the game healthy.

1 Like