Matches are not giving mana

Platform, device version and operating system:
Mobile - Android 9

Screenshot or image:
Screenshot not possible

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I expected to get mana from matching similar colored gems and I did not get any mana.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This can occur multiple times in a single battle and in any battle type. It has been a part of the game since I started play and I thought it was a game mechanic. But when it started costing me victories I researched it.

Steps to make it happen again
All I have to do is play a battle. It will happen though I have not seen a trigger for it to occur. It does not seem to be based on the troops current mana, the time spent in the battle or how many gems are matched.

This has been reported before:

It’s very likely that you are noticing a confusing animation. At all game speeds, upon gem matches, the troops mana number is updated instantly, but the swooping animation flying toward the mana number takes longer to play. When the animated effect reaches the total number, the number doesn’t change because it already changed instantly upon the actual matching of the gems. This is more noticeable at certain animation speeds.

If this is not the case, please try to capture some video of the bug happening. The devs would genuinely love to see it happen, because it gets reported somewhat frequently.

1 Like

wrong link, it’s about mana, not extra turns

1 Like

oops, clearly the coffee hasn’t kicked in yet!

In addition to what Papa said, which mana colours have you had issues with and which banners were you using at the time?

If you’re matching gems which have a decrease caused by the banner you may get so little mana you don’t notice it went up.