Massive bugs today! (iOS)

When you say an update came through, do you mean via the playstore? or just updates ingame?

We’re currently investigating the issue.

I’m also on iOS, and I posted about a similar issue in the Known Issues thread. My phone apparently deleted all the in-game data yesterday, because I had to download the full 18.whatever MB the game always threatens. And afterwards, I noticed that all the troop data was missing, and so had to be re-downloaded.

This was associated with the update to Erinyes that changed her targeting so we can’t choose purple gems or skulls.

In-game, not play store. Got the message about downloading assets when I logged in, and like I said, the client needed to download all the troop pics on demand as though I’d cleared the cache.

@Drathas if you are on Android, clearing the cache solved that problem for me when unity first dropped.

1 Like

As @Ozball mentioned we are investigating this ASAP. Everyone has been standing around the office discussing what went wrong! It’s possible we will have a fix soon. As a preventative measure, before opening Gems ensure you’re on WiFi so you don’t kill your mobile data plan.

Edit: Regarding the app crashing after a Guild Wars battle, this might be a separate problem. The large downloads and assets missing is being looked into ASAP.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I’m on iOS but what try a reset of sorts. :wink:

1 Like

A lot of these are long-time known issues since the update that removed all the stylish and pretty things about GoW. The weird thing is a lot of them sort of went away over the past few weeks. I do agree, I was seeing a lot of these behaviors when I played this morning.

I also noticed this morning I had a LOT of data downloads, more than the 2.19MB I have had to download every time I open the game since the Unity update. This was more like 10-15MB.

So it’s tough, because “this is shit that’s been broken for a month” but it feels like “it wasn’t this broken last week”.

To clarify - I am referring to the excessive data downloads downloading to mobile (iOS/Android) devices. This issue has just been resolved - if you previously had this problem you may need to download assets again one final time.

If you have not opened the game within the last 24 hours you won’t get the issue anymore! Thanks @Alpheon

There was an issue with a specific game file which was telling the app to re-downloading the assets, even though it didn’t need too.

Maybe so, I haven’t had any issues with GW this week, but last night all 3 DUNGEON battles crashed my game. Each time, upon logging back in I was relieved to find I got credit for the victory, but still very annoying!

I’d be very surprised if it were an unrelated issue. I’ve never had trouble with the Dungeon before and this began exactly when the missing treasure icons began.

The link between the two is that they are both elements of the new “improved” UI. I remain mystified as to why the UI was rolled out the way it was, full of bugs and only half-finished. My strong suspicion is that these new bad behaviors go back to the new UI code.

We are aware of the following issues:

1. Assets downloading incorrectly after updating to 3.2 (The ‘new UI’ update).. Causes the game to freeze or crash after a battle, resolved after reinstalling.
  2. Guild Wars wins count as losses.. Some wins are calculated as losses. Sometimes this is caused by crashing, sometimes by display.
  3. Game re-downloads all assets/art, including troops. This is the issue mostly described this morning, which is now resolved. If you experienced ‘more issues’ in the last 24 hours this may now be resolved with this fix.

OP’s issue #1 and #2 (guild games button blank, loot pics after battle blank) are relevant to issue 1 above. OP’s third issue where the app hangs is issue two.

This is why I don’t immediately download the latest IOS update…

As of this evening all the treasure icons are back, and I just played my nightly Dungeon matches with no crashes.

Still getting the mystery download every time I log in, but not a big issue for me as I have an unlimited data plan :grin:

Thank you so much for your quick attention to this issue!

Is it fixed for Android as well? Game wants to download +20MB almost every time I start it. On occasion it is ~4-6MB, but still quite a lot. I have cache enabled, so game data should always stay on phone…
Is there anything I can do to prevent it?

Just adding, although the missing loot icons are back and no more crashing after matches in Dungeon, I’m still getting the weird ‘resource download’ thing every time I log in. I’ve restarted the game several times since your post.

This isn’t a big deal for me as I’m fortunate to have an unlimited data plan, but just wanted you to know this bug isn’t dead yet!

The ‘resource download’ thing should be resolved now, can you please check your game is updated to the latest version @Lardy-Porker and @ralph

Yes, my game is updated. Sadly I just started it and >20MB were downloaded. Problem is still here… if I can provide some additional info, I’ll be happy to help :slight_smile:

The „ game“ is only one bug after the other. All the bugs you wrote here aren’t repaired.

A new patch is out any day now. They submitted it already. Can’t promise it wont make new bugs, or that one annoying bug gets fixed, but it is a new patch…

Thx for this information.
Is the new update avaiable for iOS too?
I hate the freezing or the blank pictures in game.
The graphics and the kind of gameplay are great in the game. But since the last update (where the smithy was integrated) the game is horrible. One bug after the other and freezing the hole game. This must never happen in a game where people’s have payed for anything.

By Xmas they say they hope.
And I’m not so sure you’ll be happy with the new patch. I’m not, since they still have the ugly white icons.
But I play because I like the game even if it is buggy.

1 Like

Hi Warrior, again; I’ve addressed this issue in a private message to you (for not other reason that to be direct to ensure you got the assistance you requested).

The update goes out for all platforms as normal; iOS, Android, Console, PC/Steam, we don’t intend to favour any particular platform. :slight_smile:

Currently, the build is with the publishing teams for each respective platform and they’re doing tests to check things are all good. They work on their own timeframes* so this is why we can’t give a specific time of arrival.

*This also means that if one platform is happy, it might release the update slightly earlier, but otherwise we don’t intentionally favour or leave out any platform. I hope this helps!