March Event Calendar

Originally published at: March Event Calendar – Gems of War

Spring has sprung in Krystara! So let’s hop into what is ahead in Gems of War 15th: Expanded Faction in Lyrasza’s Lair 25th: New Campaign begins! 29th March – 1st April: Good Friday & Easter long weekend (studio is closed) 25th – 31st: Easter Advent Calendar From the 18th of March, Switch players will be…

2 Likes

And Guild War??? Still no GW in the month of March??? Is it ever coming back??? Several players are convinced it’s not and starting to quit the game. We are still totally in the dark about this. What are we supposed to tell our players? They are losing hope, and the lack of communication about it isn’t helping at all. All these other events are pointless if we’re losing players and don’t have enough people on our rosters to successfully complete all these other events. If the PvP update affected the integrity of GW so much, I don’t understand why it was pushed out to begin with. It shouldn’t have been released until everything was properly working together. The game is Gems of WAR! Without war, it’s just Gems…aka….Candy Crush.

7 Likes

Greed.
The new PvP is monetized.

1 Like

I doubt, the monetary aspect of the new Pvp is significant enough or has even covered the associated design costs already. My guess would rather be, that they were pressured by 505 to give the game an activity bump, after it has been on decline for the whole year, and so they checked, which would be the most time intensive feature from PQ3, that has not been brought over yet.
In this regard it worked and made some algorithms happy. For two weeks. And since then, players play even less Pvp than before.

P.S.: I don’t miss guild wars. If the concept gets dropped completely, I won’t complain, but it would be nice, if that was made official in some way (and preferably by someone, who is more trustworthy than Kafka).

It’s the same answer as it always is. Which is to say that things weren’t thoroughly tested, especially not by players outside of their closed development loop and on devices other than high-end supercomputers and development consoles. (The latter having features and behaviors that ordinary consoles don’t have and therefore covering up certain categories of bugs that only get “found” when things go live.)

Doesn’t mean it wasn’t a reason.

Also possible it was for some activity bump. Not sure if players play less than before since the pvp goal rewards are not too bad. But most are probably playing less than in the first few weeks.

It’s also short sighted to change a mode and break another one. Many people are only playing for GWs.

You mean the 80 gold marks? I guess, those might be a reason to play. Other than those, I don’t see anything of value in the rewards, that would justify it. Gotta feel sorry for the few, who still join the game, and missed out on the easy ingot source, that was the old Pvp tier rewards.

I imagine, in theory it looked like small subleagues will force more competition among players and drag everyone further into playing. The result, that I can see, is, that the top 4 in my brackets the last weeks are in a world of their own, running an insane race, while the rest gives up pretty much right away. Half of the gang does not even pick up all goal tiers, and that’s in diamond.

3 Likes

I think they already said March was cancelled. Some guild families have it where if you only want wars you can drop down to one of the less active guilds in the family while you wait for wars to come back. We do this even when wars is every month. Most wars players (not all) do not want to grind trophies so it works perfectly for us. There is a lot of movement but we encourage folks to move around as much as they want and it lets some that normally do not get those resources a chance to fill their pockets. I think if they had released wars and hoped for the best there would be even more people mad at all the bugs. I’m just going to be patient myself and just wait til wars returns without the bugs.

1 Like

Quite a bit of optimism there. Just because they take a long time for it does not mean, that it will be working, once they push it out.

2 Likes

I’m fine with GW being postponed indefinitely, (I h8d seeing 6 Defense Teams with Elementalist), but why are we having another Journey Event? You would’ve thought the devs had gotten the message by now.

1 Like

just bring back old pvp and gw can return

Oh, devs know exactly what they did and why they did it. To make the matches harder in hope of eliminating additional gems from the stashes of the players or to limit down the rewards distribution. Best case even to fomo-bait newer players and whales into buying anything like gems from the ingame shop to generate more money. Nothing would be wrong with that if you at least are upfront with it and admit that.
And devs have received the message, if Kafka delivered it, because we learned elsewhere that they talk everyday, sitting withing 3m in the office. But it is explained above why they (seemingly) are lackluster about it. There’s a troop ingame that describes such behaviour: Greed

For next Journey event they’ll either announce that
a) they still need to collect more data for a proper evaluation - just to troll us
or
b) they state there wasn’t enough time to evaluate all collected data for a proper evaluation

Maybe they find a third way, but I don’t expect anything positive towards the players.

7 Likes

Oh, they might say that they had enough data/time to analyze and decided to reduce the tiers treshold by 2-5% so players can easily achieve one more reward and that will make the event more fun! Just because they’ve tried with their troops for 10 battles and estimated that it’s the optimal result.

Sounds like a “My uncle works at Nintendo” kind of situation.
Or maybe, they do sit in the same office indeed, and everyone else refuses to talk to Kafka, because they don’t like him.

This is coming from the same person, who claimed in one single thread, that the weakening of the journey troops had weeks of testing put into it, but also that the information was given out to the players as soon as he knew about it; which was 10 hours before reset and one week after someone filtered it out of Tarans World.

I do not know, what they talk about, but it can’t be about the game.

2 Likes

Straight from the horse’s mouth, so to speak…

1 Like

I get that many of the reactions here are made as a result of feeling frustrated and powerless, but maybe just be mindful of crossing the line and coming across like an actual bully. I’d like to see some changes happen, too, and from even just a pragmatic perspective, I think that it only hurts our cause to be vitriolic. A couple of these comments feel a touch over the line, tbh. One in particular.

6 Likes

Thank you for posting this, @Jeto.

This is precisely the sort of information devs should be providing to their players in this kind of game. In fact, I had the idea to do exactly this a long time ago, but never got around to it (yours is much prettier than mine would have been).

Ideally, you’d have a live version we could link to that always showed the next four weeks (with a warning that things could possibly change at the last minute, of course).

It’s so nice to see you guys actually get something right! Please do more of that (we do love this game, and want it to be the best it can be).

1 Like